Which ny port for escape please

bromleypod

Hi

Sailing on Escape in July to Bermuda, which port in New York does it sail from please? We will be staying in downtown Manhattan pre-cruise, is the best way to get to the port by taxi and cost?

Thanks

Which hotel are you staying at?

Hi

Sailing on Escape in July to Bermuda, which port in New York does it sail from please? We will be staying in downtown Manhattan pre-cruise, is the best way to get to the port by taxi and cost?

Thanks

Cost and best way depends where you are staying in Manhattan. We stayed at The Manhattan Times Square, and we walked to the ship.

Cost and best way depends where you are staying in Manhattan. We stayed at The Manhattan Times Square, and we walked to the ship.

How long did that take you? I have an elderly mum with me and that might be a bit too challenging with luggages in tow

How long did that take you? I have an elderly mum with me and that might be a bit too challenging with luggages in tow

Have you even looked at a map?? From my hotel it took about 15 minutes. From yours it would be about 90 minutes. [emoji23][emoji23] That’s why I asked said it depends where you are staying.

Have you even looked at a map?? From my hotel it took about 15 minutes. From yours it would be about 90 minutes. [emoji23][emoji23] That’s why I asked said it depends where you are staying.

We kinda gathered wherever we stay we will have to take a cab anyway as my mom will struggle otherwise and we wanted to stay near Chinatown as we like all the eateries around that area .

I travel to NYC on business frequently, from Chinatown to the Pier I would suggest a taxi, Uber, or Lyft.

I like using Uber as the phone app allows you to see how close a driver is and what the fare $ will be which includes tip. Lyft works about the same way but I believe you have to add the tip, I have not personally used Lyft but a majority of the Uber drivers use both...

Uber pricing varies based on the time of the day and the demand, I just used the app as I write this and the fare from Chinatown to Pier 88 would be $20.52 US which includes the tip.

Here's a map-

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chinatown,+New+York,+NY/Pier+88,+Hudson+River+Greenway,+New+York,+NY/@40.7428767,-74.037755,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c259f56c2fc10d:0xcf9e1370cd1f3111!2m2!1d-73.9970307!2d40.7157509!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c2584f4497a2c1:0xf10504047c3638d1!2m2!1d-73.9980144!2d40.7656735!3e0?hl=en&authuser=0

Edited by ultramax12

I travel to NYC on business frequently, from Chinatown to the Pier I would suggest a taxi, Uber, or Lyft.

I like using Uber as the phone app allows you to see how close a driver is and what the fare $ will be which includes tip. Lyft works about the same way but I believe you have to add the tip, I have not personally used Lyft but a majority of the Uber drivers use both...

Uber pricing varies based on the time of the day and the demand, I just used the app as I write this and the fare from Chinatown to Pier 88 would be $20.52 US which includes the tip.

Here's a map-

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chinatown,+New+York,+NY/Pier+88,+Hudson+River+Greenway,+New+York,+NY/@40.7428767,-74.037755,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c259f56c2fc10d:0xcf9e1370cd1f3111!2m2!1d-73.9970307!2d40.7157509!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c2584f4497a2c1:0xf10504047c3638d1!2m2!1d-73.9980144!2d40.7656735!3e0?hl=en&authuser=0

That’s fantastic, cost is not as bad as I thought

Also, when I get a cab to the port ( I am usually staying in mid town in the 40's)- I have them drop me off at I believe 48th and 12th and walk across the street at the light and then go up with my bags on the service elevator to the 2nd floor where the porters take my baggage. It saves a few dollars as opposed to having the cab enter at 56th and go up the ramp.

Also, when I get a cab to the port ( I am usually staying in mid town in the 40's)- I have them drop me off at I believe 48th and 12th and walk across the street at the light and then go up with my bags on the service elevator to the 2nd floor where the porters take my baggage. It saves a few dollars as opposed to having the cab enter at 56th and go up the ramp.

i always taken a cab from the subway station to the pier and i was never charged extra for going up to 56 for the car ramp

on my recent trip in November i took a lyft cab from the Hudson yard subway station, he drive up 12th ave up passing the cruise terminal and using the ramp at 56. no extra charge for that detour

depending on where you, both uber/lyft charge a minimum amount like 8-10 dollars for a short distance which should including going up to 56

here is a random example from a hotel i found on 42th ave:

Capture.png

i always taken a cab from the subway station to the pier and i was never charged extra for going up to 56 for the car ramp

on my recent trip in November i took a lyft cab from the Hudson yard subway station, he drive up 12th ave up passing the cruise terminal and using the ramp at 56. no extra charge for that detour

depending on where you, both uber/lyft charge a minimum amount like 8-10 dollars for a short distance which should including going up to 56

here is a random example from a hotel i found on 42th ave:

Capture.png

I think you're confusing taxis (cabs) with Uber/Lyft . Uber/Lyft should never be referred to as a cab (or taxi) because they're not and fares are computed in a different way.

Cab fares are metered, with fares based on distance traveled and waiting time in traffic. Hence going up the ramp at 55th St. will cost more than being dropped off at 48th St. and 12th Ave., very simply because you're traveling a longer distance and possibly also incurring waiting time in traffic. Uber, Lyft...or car service for that matter charge flat fares based on the app quote for Uber/Lyft or the dispatcher's computer calculation for a car service.

There's no such thing as "lyft cab".