Muster stations

richardj

Does anyone know how they split the ships cabins into the various muster stations?

How many muster points are there?

Trying to book cabins on the Britannia for the two of us and also the MIL who will have her own cabin. Trying to have the same muster station but cabins may having to be on different decks?

Have asked PandO shoreside but they said they didn't know or have any information.

Anyone out there done their homework on this topic?

Thanks

Richard & Gill

From experience on a number of P&O ships, it appears mainly to depend on your cabins horozontal location. Presumably this is minimise walking distances between cabins and muster stations, and to ensure that the nearest staircase is the quickest way between them. So cabins at the rear of the ship will muster in the rear showlounge, those at the front in the theatre, and those in the centre at a central lounge or rerstaurant.

Denarius is correct on this Muster Stations are allocated in such a way as people generally tend to walk from their cabin to the nearest stairway. There are about five different Muster Stations; A, B, C, etc. A being nearest the bow and located in the Theatre the others being large venues as you go towards the aft. The best chance of getting good cabins of the types you require is to book cabins that are vertically aligned. If you go for a single cabin plus a double then you need to get a single as far forward as possible and a double on any deck ahead of the mid-forward/forward dotted line on the brochure. Ticking "No Upgrades" is an important thing to do if you successfully acquire cabins in an area above each other. The singles come in Balcony and Inside variants and are excellent. They are lofty so is MIL prone to Sea Sickness? Otherwise any two cabins near each other on same deck or anywhere above below each other.

Britannia's Muster Station in the Theatre is split into two parts. This is simply because they split the crowd to enter the venue either from Deck 7 or Deck 6 i.e. back or front seats in the Theatre. A word of warning about Britannia Life Jackets unlike all the other ships Britannia's Life Jackets have a Crotch Strap to stop them riding up. Older ladies wearing long dresses will find this tricky especially in a Theatre Seat. I recommend a trouser suit or whatever you think to ease the problem.

Regards John

Makes me smile in a way. If something happened and you were high up on the Sun Deck for instance in the bow, there is no way you would make your way to your muster station at the stern! The drill assumes everyone is in their cabin.

Makes me smile in a way. If something happened and you were high up on the Sun Deck for instance in the bow, there is no way you would make your way to your muster station at the stern! The drill assumes everyone is in their cabin.

No, the drill assumes everyone will be sensible and return to their cabin to pick up their life jacket and then proceed to the muster station.

No, the drill assumes everyone will be sensible and return to their cabin to pick up their life jacket and then proceed to the muster station.

I can assure you that if the ship was at risk of sinking I would not return to the cabin. I have been on a boat that exploded, I am only here today because I was not inside. If it was a muster and the ship was not in immediate peril, then yes I’d return for my life jacket. But I would weigh up the situation myself first too. Costa Concordia comes to mind, those who sadly drowned were the ones inside. I always book a balcony cabin by the way too...