Carnival Splendor ?s YTD and inside cabins

I noticed on the deck plans the elevators mid ship and forward lead to the YTD dining room. Are there two entrances? Trying to pick a room to the closest elevator, DH has mobility issues. He would like to walk versus using his scooter for dinner. Also which diningroom is used for breakfast?

We have just discovered inside cabins, and since we do have a scooter do the square cabins on deck 6 have a bit more floor space to accomadate a scooter?

Thanks in advance. :D

As mentioned the YTD will be on the lower level deck 3 of the forward dining room close to the atrium elevators. They only use the front entrance for coming and going normally. The aft dining room lower level is normally where you can have breakfast or brunch. The galley is between the 2 dining rooms and blocks access on decks 3 & 4 so you need to go across to get to the back on decks other than those decks.

The Cabin doorway is around 21.5 inches wide and the scooter has to stored inside.

The forward elevators are the closest to YTD. The Aft albatross are closest to the Lido buffet and the breakfast/brunch MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, I think I understand the diningroom now. And yes I know the door width, and I keep it stored in the room. Just wondering if the square rooms on six or the rooms layed out sideways versus the normal inside, have more floor space, or a better fit for a scooter?:D

Thank you everyone.

This is cabin 6307 on Splendor. No, I did not stay in it, but I did take the pictures. You will have to be the judge if there is more space, but I would think so.

enhance

enhance

enhance

The door is on the wall with the closets, the back wall is the one with the pictures on it. EM

We were just on the Splendor and were on the deck above in an inside cabin. We had a wheelchair and found the best place for storage was the bathroom in the shower area. We had an accessible ambulatory cabin. There would not be much room to store it in the actual room. Bathroom was very spacious.

I noticed on the deck plans the elevators mid ship and forward lead to the YTD dining room. Are there two entrances? Trying to pick a room to the closest elevator, DH has mobility issues. He would like to walk versus using his scooter for dinner. Also which diningroom is used for breakfast?

We have just discovered inside cabins, and since we do have a scooter do the square cabins on deck 6 have a bit more floor space to accomadate a scooter?

Thanks in advance. :D

Since you have a scooter and need to keep it in your room, your best bet would be to get a HC cabin. On the Splendor, there are 11 inside HC cabins, 6 of which are mid-ship, near the mid-ship elevators. They are category 4E Upper deck 6354 & 6381. Category 4F Empress deck 7332 & 7337. Category 4G Verandah deck 8342 & 8345. The other 5 cabins are forward, 9204, 1005, 1006, 6286 & 6311. The ones on deck 6 are near the forward elevators, while the other 3 are all the way forward. If the entrance to the YTD dining room is forward, then 6286 & 6311 would be your best bet. If the entrance is mid-ship, then the first six I mentioned would be better. Good luck.

Since you have a scooter and need to keep it in your room, your best bet would be to get a HC cabin. On the Splendor, there are 11 inside HC cabins, 6 of which are mid-ship, near the mid-ship elevators. They are category 4E Upper deck 6354 & 6381. Category 4F Empress deck 7332 & 7337. Category 4G Verandah deck 8342 & 8345. The other 5 cabins are forward, 9204, 1005, 1006, 6286 & 6311. The ones on deck 6 are near the forward elevators, while the other 3 are all the way forward. If the entrance to the YTD dining room is forward, then 6286 & 6311 would be your best bet. If the entrance is mid-ship, then the first six I mentioned would be better. Good luck.

Ref my reply above we were on empress. Room 7332.

This is cabin 6307 on Splendor. No, I did not stay in it, but I did take the pictures. You will have to be the judge if there is more space, but I would think so.

enhance

enhance

enhance

The door is on the wall with the closets, the back wall is the one with the pictures on it. EM

Thank you for the pics. Do you have a pic of a sideways room, like 7408? Thinking now of doing traditional dining. Are there any issues with the back elevators? We love breakfast in the diningroom so I thought I'd be better off having dinner in the same venue and getting a room close to the rear elevators. 7408 and 8420 are open. Thinking these rooms might have a better layout to drive a scooter into. :rolleyes::D

Thank you for the pics. Do you have a pic of a sideways room, like 7408? Thinking now of doing traditional dining. Are there any issues with the back elevators? We love breakfast in the diningroom so I thought I'd be better off having dinner in the same venue and getting a room close to the rear elevators. 7408 and 8420 are open. Thinking these rooms might have a better layout to drive a scooter into. :rolleyes::D
Don't know if regular cabins have doorways wide enough to drive a scooter through and even if they do, the cabin will be extremely small with a scooter parked in it. That is why I had suggested HC cabins for you and listed the 11 possible choices. Whatever you decide, good luck.

Don't know if regular cabins have doorways wide enough to drive a scooter through and even if they do, the cabin will be extremely small with a scooter parked in it. That is why I had suggested HC cabins for you and listed the 11 possible choices. Whatever you decide, good luck.

TY, I will not use a HC cabin as we do not need all the accessibility it offers, as I know others need these special cabins. All doorways are wide enough for our scooter, it is quite common. I heard Carnivals inside cabins are bigger then Princess. We just did our first inside ever on princess and loved it, especially the savings, lol

TY, I will not use a HC cabin as we do not need all the accessibility it offers, as I know others need these special cabins. All doorways are wide enough for our scooter, it is quite common. I heard Carnivals inside cabins are bigger then Princess. We just did our first inside ever on princess and loved it, especially the savings, lol

Just asked my daughter who had an inside cabin around the corner from us. She agrees it would be very tight to store a scooter. We thought of pushing bed right up to wall and parking it at the other side of the bed but it would be very tight if it fitted at all and getting into bed would be awkward. If you parked it at the bottom of the bed getting to the bathroom in the night would mean having to move it outside.

Carnivals inside cabins are usually 185 sq ft. Do what you want, but since you have a scooter, you are one of the others that needs a HC cabin. Just because you don't need all of the amenities of the cabin, doesn't mean that you should not take advantage of the extra space that would be available for the scooter to be parked safely in your cabin and also have the larger bathroom for maneuverability purposes. If you don't want to take my advice and the previous post by Johnny60, so be it. Enjoy your cruise.

I've ended up in HC rooms twice now and if you have a scooter, I highly recommend them over a regular interior room. The features are really not that much different, it just tends to have more floor space and ropes next to the bed and inside the shower that you can pull if you are in need of assistance. (And they do work.... my husband mistook it for the clothesline in the shower and pulled it. Our phone rung and they were asking if me everything was okay in the room. I thought they were being very nice to check on us and to see if we simply liked our room when my husband came dashing out of the bathroom to let me know that he pulled the wrong string. :D )

If someone in the room is not legally handicapped and they have someone who needs a handicapped room, Carnival will bump you to a non-handicapped room, that is their policy. So no worries about taking up space someone who is handicapped needs.

If you want to stay in an non-HC room, I do recommend calling in to ensure the set up of the room you are booking. I've been in rooms that the set up appeared one way on the website but in reality they actually had a much different set up. I also agree with others, that the standard set up of an interior room does not have much free space and a scooter will make it difficult to maneuver around the room.

Carnivals inside cabins are usually 185 sq ft. Do what you want, but since you have a scooter, you are one of the others that needs a HC cabin. Just because you don't need all of the amenities of the cabin, doesn't mean that you should not take advantage of the extra space that would be available for the scooter to be parked safely in your cabin and also have the larger bathroom for maneuverability purposes. If you don't want to take my advice and the previous post by Johnny60, so be it. Enjoy your cruise.

Actually the actual cabin size is the same and you get one less closet, so only 2 small closets, to make up for the larger bathroom. If we hadn't stored the wheel chair in the shower area we could not have managed. I loved the Splendor and will return but for me personally the layout of the inside cabin was far better on Imagination/Inspiration or Sensation. My wheelchair folds so with a scooter it would be pretty tight. A regular cabin would not work in my opinion. Maybe someone else has other thoughts.

Edited by Johnny60
Missed something