Skagway - tour cancelled - need suggestions

kathyemma

In Skagway we are going on a five hour ATV tour. 8am to 1pm. We were signed up for a two hours raft trip at 3. It got cancelled. What other short afternoon excursion can we do? We want to have a few hours free for grabbing a drink before we sail away at 9pm.

TIA

Kathy

Alaska Canopy Adventures has the "Rainforest Canopy & Zipline Expedition" that's about 3-1/2 hours. We did it in May '16. We both loved it. Great fun!

Good Luck!

Zip lines terrify me! The rest of my family is doing on at another stop.

Alaska Canopy Adventures has the "Rainforest Canopy & Zipline Expedition" that's about 3-1/2 hours. We did it in May '16. We both loved it. Great fun!

Good Luck!

Zip lines terrify me! The rest of my family is doing on at another stop.

I wasn't paying attention... I thought you said Ketchikan... :p The place I was talking about is there. But there's one in Skagway too! :D I was scared sh!tless too but did it anyway. I think I can do anything now. Ha Ha It was great!

In Skagway we are going on a five hour ATV tour. 8am to 1pm. We were signed up for a two hours raft trip at 3. It got cancelled. What other short afternoon excursion can we do? We want to have a few hours free for grabbing a drink before we sail away at 9pm.

TIA

Kathy

Did you book this independently? I'm not seeing any date that the afternoon tour isn't available with Skagway Float booking direct. https://skagwayfloat.rezdy.com/index

otherwise, did you happen to take a look http://www.skagway.com for ideas?

Did you book this independently? I'm not seeing any date that the afternoon tour isn't available with Skagway Float booking direct. https://skagwayfloat.rezdy.com/index

otherwise, did you happen to take a look www.skagway.com for ideas?

Yes, I booked it independently. And it wasn't so much cancelled as they moved the time from 3pm to 1230pm. We won't be back from the ATV tour until 1pm. I will check Skagway Float and http://oceanraftalaska.com/.

Thanks!

The ocean raft is cancelled for the afternoon. We are looking for something a bit more exciting than the river float. Off to check skayway.com for other ideas. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. We are looking for something that will leave around 2pm and last for a few hours. We want to be able to have dinner and drinks in Skagway before getting back on the ship (which leaves at 9pm).

TIA

Kathy

Is this a ship sponsored tour? We are doing a 4x4 Glacier Adventure tour with Southeast Tours in June.

Is this a ship sponsored tour? We are doing a 4x4 Glacier Adventure tour with Southeast Tours in June.

No, the atv and raft tour were thru ShoreExcursionsGroup.com. They cancelled the raft tour. I found two other companies with afternoon raft tours - but they are all cancelled! They didn't have enough people sign up. I really want to be back in town by 5/530 so we can have dinner and drinks at the brewery. I am starting to think I might have to cancel the atv tour and find a longer full day tour - something that runs from 8 to 5. Any suggestions? We are somewhat active - we can all walk and hike a few miles - but my daughter just had ankle surgery so nothing more that a few miles. And I HATE zip lines - so those tours are off the table.

Any suggestions? We will be there May 31.

No, the atv and raft tour were thru ShoreExcursionsGroup.com. They cancelled the raft tour. I found two other companies with afternoon raft tours - but they are all cancelled! They didn't have enough people sign up. I really want to be back in town by 5/530 so we can have dinner and drinks at the brewery. I am starting to think I might have to cancel the atv tour and find a longer full day tour - something that runs from 8 to 5. Any suggestions? We are somewhat active - we can all walk and hike a few miles - but my daughter just had ankle surgery so nothing more that a few miles. And I HATE zip lines - so those tours are off the table.

Any suggestions? We will be there May 31.

Our 4x4 tour runs from 10:45 to 4:00pm. That would get you back in time. You could try here. https://skagwayshoretours.com/

Rent bikes and ride out to Dyea, will parallel the raft trips. A nice run with good weather. Simple to walk up. Hike up to Lower Dewey, does take a little longer for my priorities. Walk back to the Gold Rush Cemetery? All flat, I walk along Alaska, one way, Broadway/State the other for variety. A walking tour is also noted in the website I gave you.