Port/beach recommendations

mreic082

Hi all- I posted this on FB, but I know there are many past cruisers on here who may have thoughts.

We are cruising on March 17 (!) and I'm trying to plan our port days. We are in Nassau, St. Thomas, and Antigua. We mostly want to go to beaches, but will also look for some shopping. Has anyone recently been to these ports? Do you have suggestions for beaches? We will have children with us, so we'd prefer a beach with food/drink/bathrooms, chair rental, and so on. If you would be so kind, can you comment with your suggestions and experiences? Thank you!

MReic and FFC ... Megans bay is a nice area, you can get a bus from near the ship and there is a charge to go onto the beach.

After the beach you can get the bus back to town and they stop near the Fire station which like me you may be interested in, the trucks are usually outside. The town is a short walk from here beyond the market, then you can either get a bus back to the ship or walk, most buses will slow down as they pass you just incase you want to get on when heading back to the ship.

Hi all- I posted this on FB, but I know there are many past cruisers on here who may have thoughts.

We are cruising on March 17 (!) and I'm trying to plan our port days. We are in Nassau, St. Thomas, and Antigua. We mostly want to go to beaches, but will also look for some shopping. Has anyone recently been to these ports? Do you have suggestions for beaches? We will have children with us, so we'd prefer a beach with food/drink/bathrooms, chair rental, and so on. If you would be so kind, can you comment with your suggestions and experiences? Thank you!

what you want to shop for?

Antigua has some of the best beaches in the entire Caribbean. We’ve chosen this island twice for land vacations when beach was number one priority. I’ve been to several but recommend the beach connected to Sandals (you can probably still get a day pass too). Easy to navigate the island too by taxi.

I would absolutely skip shopping here. Get to the beach ASAP and enjoy. It’s that good (I should add that I haven’t been since last hurricane season so not sure how that effects things).

St Thomas is another good island for a beach day. Is MSc docking at havensight or crown bay? If it’s crown bay, I prefer emerald beach as it’s a pretty easy walk. If it’s havensight you are better at coki one Megan’s bay.

Personally I’d make Nassau my shopping day. You can easily walk to Junkaroo for some beach time and shop on the way back. Very convenient.

Hope this helps, have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk