Bidding on NCL Upgrades

brreils

I sailed NCL several times however, I never bid on an upgrade. I am currently booked in a mid ship balcony (May, 2009) and I would like to bid on a Haven suite. Would someone please provide the process and your opinion of a winning offer?

My son got a 2 bedroom Haven cabin with the minimum bid. On a later cruise we bid a little more than the minimum and did not get the Haven. I think that it is just the "the luck of the draw". We were happy with the cabin we booked and bid what we could afford; if we got it, nice; if we didn't, nothing lost. Good luck.

I assume it's a typo / error on OP's dates for the cruise, not May 2009 ... maybe May, 2019 or coming up sooner as May 2018.

If that is for next May, it's more than 15 months out - a long way to go and wait, assuming no changes in this "program" before then. Currently, bidding is offered about 80 days out before sailing.

That thread is where most of the helpful info are found, but it is getting a bit "wild" to even try to skim thru the last 100 posts and first 100 posts to get "oriented" - suggest/need/should have a sticky or maybe, an abstract of some of the key "posts" within the thread, no an easy "job" for anyone to attempt to do.

We have 2 bids coming up, submitted for the Escape/Bermuda & Gem/Bahamas ... will post the outcomes once we know, toward the end of this April.