Bottled Water

Can you bring a few bottles of water onboard in your luggage? Also I am not able to get the show reservations I want. Should I keep checking daily for a chance that they open up or just check on board?

Thanks!

Can you bring a few bottles of water onboard in your luggage? Also I am not able to get the show reservations I want. Should I keep checking daily for a chance that they open up or just check on board?

Thanks!

Bottled water is technically against the rules, but usually allowed.

Pre-cruise show slots will probably not open up. However, there will be a "box office" set up on boarding day, and you can try to get your show reservations there.

We almost always bring on a case of 12X500ml of spring water especially on cruises out of Cape Liberty as we can drive to that port. Last four times on Anthem and Vision I put that case with a 6X710ml bottle case of Coke Zero in a reusable fabric shopping, tied the handles together with a square knot, attached a luggage tag and check it in. Every time it was delivered to our cabin. It may have helped that the was a RCCL (Celebrity) bag.

Also previously, quite a few times, carried on a dozen bottle cases of spring water with no problems.

Edited by robtulipe

Put it in a bag with handles....that makes it "luggage"....don't just slap a luggage tag on a case or even, a 6-pack. Or, just bring a refillable bottle and use the ship's water...same stuff that's in those bottles! You can get ice water at any bar or eating venue upon request. Even ports have drinks!

Put it in a bag with handles....that makes it "luggage"....don't just slap a luggage tag on a case or even, a 6-pack. Or, just bring a refillable bottle and use the ship's water...same stuff that's in those bottles! You can get ice water at any bar or eating venue upon request. Even ports have drinks!

Ports have drinks!

So the ship can produce a product that taste like and has the purity of Canadian Spring water I bring especially if it has to use Reverse Osmosis instead of engine waste heat distillation because of short distance between ports. Also ships will take on water at port where the fresh water aquifer is actually floating above blackish water and that fresh water aquifer is constantly getting more depleted with high usage thus salt in that fresh water source is becoming a problem.

My son who has a doctorate in Chemical Engineering, has worked for a major water treatment plant engineering company and now teaches at the university level would disagree with your assumption.

Ship's water may be safe to drink for most passengers if they don't have severe or moderate hypertension but it usually taste bad especially when cabin sourced.

RCI offers an Evian package. I never noticed this package before and now wonder if they allow passengers to being their own on board?

PRICES STARTING FROM*$39.00 USD Adult

ADD TO CART

OVERVIEW

Hydrate yourself with fresh bottled water from Europe. Enjoy evian® Natural Spring Water your cruise, freshly sourced from the French Alps.

Reserve before your sail date and have it waiting in your stateroom when you arrive*. Or pick a later date during your vacation for your water to be delivered.You can choose between 12 or 24 one liter bottle packages once you add to the cart.

It's the perfect way to quench your thirst after a day of exciting excursions and nonstop entertainment.

RCI offers an Evian package. I never noticed this package before and now wonder if they allow passengers to being their own on board? ...

Bringing water on is still against the rules, but rarely enforced.

Edited by Host Clarea

We had a party of 13 so we did the 12 1 liter bottle Evian package and split the bottles up. They added gratuity for delivering it to our room so total was a little over $42. Box was in our stateroom when we arrived. We did it so we would have water in the room, we drank the glasses of water in the WJ and the bartenders offered bottled water every time we ordered a drink, yes we had the package. For $3.50 a person the convenience of having the water already there outweighed trying to carry our own as our luggage was all carryons and the potential, even if only slight, of having it confiscated.

With a smaller group and knowing now that the bartenders will give you bottles when you order a drink (it was previously reported on here that the 1 drink every 5 minutes rule for the drink package also applied to bottled water, but that was not the case on our last trip) I don’t think we would order it again.

2 additional notes: 1) the bartenders saw my 9 y.o. son with me occasionally when I was ordering a drink and specifically asked if I wanted a bottle of water for him. I found that a little surprising since he didn’t have any sort of drink package and you aren’t supposed to share, but they were encouraging it; and 2) one in our group had a CPAP machine so the large bottles gave him the distilled water he needed, but I understand that if you ask guest services you can get distilled water for free for CPAP machines, at least that has been reported on here.

• 3 months later...

Funny thing that people don't realize is that the ships water is actually more pure that your municipal water! It's desalinated sea water that is run through a massive filter bank rendering it just about mineral free and before it's flowed to your cabin it goes through a chiller unit making it nice and cold. The water on the ship is excellent do drink.

Funny thing that people don't realize is that the ships water is actually more pure that your municipal water! It's desalinated sea water that is run through a massive filter bank rendering it just about mineral free and before it's flowed to your cabin it goes through a chiller unit making it nice and cold. The water on the ship is excellent do drink.

The ship's water is not always desalinated. Sometimes it comes from municipal water at port stops, especially when the cruise is short and there's not enough time to make water, like those 3/4 day Bahamas runs.