On Line Check In

mafig

I have been trying to do the Web check in for our May Seaside cruise with varying success. Had to use Chrome to enter the info since it kept disappearing via Safari. Kept getting many versions of eDocs every time i could save one more piece of info even though they said they wouldn't be available until 20 days prior.

Question for those who have completed the web checkin/received eDocs. No guidance as to what to put into place of birth. Are they looking for the town, town/state, just country? They indicate it is a mandatory field on the eDOCs. Also saw that the eDocs don't include a value for "State". I remember that the profile autofilled this, but it doesn't come through into the eDocs. Not a mandatory field, so not overly concerned, just wondered if anyone else had this same issue.

I did have that same issue with the State and wondered if it would cause a problem. Another issue I have a question about is the name. It only has first and last but in my experience your cruise docs should match passport exactly. Do you have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Do we even _HAVE_ to do the web checkin? Can we just check in in person? I've tried three different days to do the web check in and twice I've entered info only to have it say server error and die on me, then one time, I couldn't even get to the web check in page as the whole site was just "page unavailable" . MSC really needs to fix their website, I don't understand how 8 months after I booked my cruise, their website still hasn't been fixed!

Do we even _HAVE_ to do the web checkin? Can we just check in in person? I've tried three different days to do the web check in and twice I've entered info only to have it say server error and die on me, then one time, I couldn't even get to the web check in page as the whole site was just "page unavailable" . MSC really needs to fix their website, I don't understand how 8 months after I booked my cruise, their website still hasn't been fixed!

I'm sorry you are having such trouble. That has got to be frustrating. I have had zero issues with the website. I'm thankful but I'm wondering why it varies so drastically from person to person? Are you on the US site or a different one? Not that it should matter, just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The website is awful. I used both Safari and Firefox, and still ran into the same problems, with the message "it may take 24 hours from booking for details of your cruise to be available". (We booked last April:D and recently paid in full, def more than 24 hours ago...going in June!!) I did Status Match two weeks ago - never received an email about it, but I do have an MSC Voyagers Club number on the website now. All that comes up when I login is my profile. Last night I received an email that I needed to provide more info for check in - we're still waiting on travel documents, so I wasn't sure if I could do that yet, and I'm just leery of getting an email asking for information... I thought I did give all that when we booked, but it was so long ago. Anyway, just sharing my experience! Can't wait to cruise on Seaside!! :tropical-drink:

SaveSave

The differing understandings on when and how the on line checking in can take place with MSC seems to be confusing and possibly greater than one would expect from potential differences between the various MSC web sites around the world.

I had booked my cruise that starts on Monday through a TA and entered the passenger information required for the on-line check in within days of receiving the booking confirmation from the TA and did the British Airways API information on their website at the same time and this was a few months ahead of final payment. Unless you know that you will be needing to renew your passport between booking the cruise and needing the etickets and other departure documentation there does not seem to be any reason not to.

The MSC Web Site in the UK does seem to respond slightly differently depending on whether you booked directly with MSC or through a TA and whilst it does seem rather clunky in how it handles some things I have been fortunate in that it has always allowed me to do what I have needed it to but the log in can be a pain on some machines.

Alun

At the moment the UK web check-in page states that you cannot do a web check-in unless there are less than 60 days to sailing,. which tallies with the final payment date, ie 60 days before sailing

This cant be true for all sailings because We have completed our online check in for our Seaview cruise in NOVEMBER and we have been sent all the Edocs including luggage tags etc We booked through MSC UK

We sail May 19th, my mom updated her passport details last night. Received e-docs this morning. Our check in time is listed as 1 pm, however our flight gets us into Ft. Lauderdale around 9:30 that morning so we will be a tad early.

Only part of check in we didn't do was the photo upload.

Don't worry about the photo upload. My group of 16 had all uploaded photos but they took new photos when we checked in for each of us, although I don't know why.