Ten-Day "Mediterranean Dream" Itinerary

stickey_mouse

If most of the cruise schedule info is out there, looks like this sailing might be the only full sized cruise ship in port at Santorini on that day!
It looks like she has little competition in most ports for the 2019 itinerary. Even when sharing with MSC and NCL in Kotor, the Nieuw Statendam will be the only one arriving in the morning (for now, anyway). I'm wondering if this advantageous schedule is because of the time of year. Do most American lines pull their ships back to the states in September?

Of course, this sailing is a LOOONG ways away, and much can change.

I haven't done a lot of researching... But, in general, yes, I think many ships are heading to the Western European, and then the TA back to the U.S. It is over a year out, but I think most major lines have locked in their schedules. I am not thinking there should be many big changes.

On our Caribbean cruise, later this year, there will be 5-6-7 ships in some ports!!!!

: o

I am thinking about foregoing doing anything on Grand Cayman, and booking a room at a resort. Just so we have a place to go to escape the massive crowds!

Also, I read somewhere that Santorini has further limited the number of Cruise Passengers in port per day... I think this year it went down.. And next year, will be limited even further. Santorini just is not equipped to handle the numbers!

I haven't done a lot of researching... But, in general, yes, I think many ships are heading to the Western European, and then the TA back to the U.S. It is over a year out, but I think most major lines have locked in their schedules. I am not thinking there should be many big changes.

On our Caribbean cruise, later this year, there will be 5-6-7 ships in some ports!!!!

: o

I am thinking about foregoing doing anything on Grand Cayman, and booking a room at a resort. Just so we have a place to go to escape the massive crowds!

Also, I read somewhere that Santorini has further limited the number of Cruise Passengers in port per day... I think this year it went down.. And next year, will be limited even further. Santorini just is not equipped to handle the numbers!

I was in Grand Cayman a couple of weeks ago on the Nieuw Amsterdam. There were at least 4 ships in port, including behemoths such as MSC Seaside, NCL Escape, and Freedom (or was it Liberty?) of the Seas. 7 Mile Beach was a zoo and made me immediately regret going there. One of my least favorite port days, ever.

UGGGHHH!!!!!!

Okay, now we will def. be booking that hotel room at the Westin....

Not out and about trying to do an excursion (even though we have never seen GC, Stingray City, etc...)

I am a beach girl, and can appreciate a nice resort day!

We are working on SPG/Westin points to return to the Westin, when there are no cruise ships in port... And will do Red Sail then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...