GEM Suite questions

barric

We have an Aft Balcony Suite on Gem for the March sailing. SF category deck 8. For us, first time in a regular suite which is not Haven, non minisuite. I have two burning questions:

1. Is there a DVD player? I normally cart along a portable player but if I don't need to, great.

2. Is Cagneys included for Breakfast?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Here's the info on Category SE Aft Penthouse: (it does have CD/DVD Player)

Penthouse

- Queen-sized bed with curtain divider

- floor to ceiling glass doors that open to private balcony

- living, dining and bed area

- private bath with tub and shower

- CD/DVD library

- refrigerator, safe, television, music console, phone, hairdryer.

Cabin size for category SE ranges from 294 to 357 square feet with 144 to 266 square foot balcony. Cabin size for category SF is 286 square feet plus 65 square foot balcony.

*Cabin size and layout may differ from size, diagrams and pictures shown.

Penthouse

- Queen-sized bed with curtain divider

- floor to ceiling glass doors that open to private balcony

- living, dining and bed area

- private bath with tub and shower

- CD/DVD library

- refrigerator, safe, television, music console, phone, hairdryer.

Cabin size for category SE ranges from 294 to 357 square feet with 144 to 266 square foot balcony. Cabin size for category SF is 286 square feet plus 65 square foot balcony.

*Cabin size and layout may differ from size, diagrams and pictures shown.

I guess I already posted the above info :) I rarely post, and have little clue how to do it correctly. So, yes and yes -- it does have DVD Player and Cagney's breakfasts are included, as well as your Butler and Concierge the same as you had in the Haven. We have been in the Aft Penthouse SE category on the Gem twice, but years ago booked one step up to the Forward Penthouse on Deck 10 because of the extremely large private deck. Sailed once in Gem Owner's Suite on Deck 10, which is technically Haven, so we had Haven access that cruise, but were all the way down on Deck 10. The Owner's Suite was amazing, but for the total expense and our personal budget, we like the Forward Penthouse for more "bang for our buck". Hope this helps.

I love the Gems forward Penthouse Suites on Deck 10. I have sailed in 3 of them. Some have huge balconies, some have ones a bit smaller but bigger cabin which I loved. Last time we didn’t have free cd s, but we had free movies. Not sure what they have now 2 years later. Cagney is a dream, definitely quieter with big pillows for your back. They have a nice tea selection and French Press.

Enjoy

We sailed in an aft-facing penthouse suite on the Gem in early 2016; the ship had just been in dry dock, and the DVD players had been removed from the suites. (In fact, NCL did such a shoddy job on those suites during the dry dock that they left a big, gaping hole in the desk where the DVD player had been.) I don't know how old the info above is about the DVD players. Maybe they've put some new ones in.

Yes, all suite pax (Haven and non-Haven) get to have breakfast and lunch in a designated restaurant. Typically has been Cagney's on the Jewel-class ships (might be in Moderno).

OP: Any chance you can move up to Deck 10, which has larger balconies?

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, we are on the 3/17 Gem sailing, just today upgraded from mini to regular suite.

Really happy to find the Cagneys is included for breakfast, and perhaps lunch.

Lunch is also included. Basically, the only difference is that you don't have access to the Haven courtyard.

We have an Aft Balcony Suite on Gem for the March sailing. SF category deck 8. For us, first time in a regular suite which is not Haven, non minisuite. I have two burning questions:

1. Is there a DVD player? I normally cart along a portable player but if I don't need to, great.

2. Is Cagneys included for Breakfast?

Thanks in advance for advice.

The DVD players are gone. You do get free on demand movies which cost $9.95 for regular cabins.

Breakfast was in Modernos and lunch was in Cagneys.

Enjoy!

The aft suites are SF category, not SE, although the amenities remain the same, the forward suites (SE) have larger balconies. We loved our SF on deck 10. Deck 10 have the deepest balconies and ours had 2 lounge chairs as well as 2 regular chairs and a small end table. The DVD players are gone, as suites now have unlimited movies on demand free of charge, the movie menu is on the on screen guide on the television. Suites also now have Nespresso machines and pods, as opposed to the Lavazza machines that used to be in the suites.

If you can, you may want to change your SF to a different deck, as deck 8 are the smallest balcony depth and are located above Bliss lounge, you may hear some music or vibrations from the bass speakers below your cabin.

Either way, enjoy your cruise!

Oooh this is great news. We have a 2 bedroom SE suite on the Gem on 3/27 sailing. Knew of all those perks, but didn't know of the pay-per-view movies for free. That'll be cool for all the family. Thanks for sharing that info!

We love the Gem just wish it went more places. We were in the DOS on our first trip on this ship which was fantastic. We got the Haven out of our system though (well maybe). Next trip was in an Aft suite perfect for us & our grandson. It was quiet and I loved the views. We didn't have a DVD player, but we did enjoy breakfast in Cagney's almost every day.

Enjoy your Aft suite, nobody does the suite life like NCL.

Oooh this is great news. We have a 2 bedroom SE suite on the Gem on 3/27 sailing. Knew of all those perks, but didn't know of the pay-per-view movies for free. That'll be cool for all the family. Thanks for sharing that info!

And you can pause the movie and come back where you left off in case you could possibly need to take a snack or drink break.

They have about 100 movies including some fairly new releases.