Is this shore excursion offered, or isn't it?

Hi everybody, we haven't cruised with RCCL for about 10 years, and I have a lot of catching up to do on how things work with them. Our cruise is in December.

I want to do an excursion which is only offered through the cruise line. On the description page, there is a link that says "Find Cruises That Feature This." (particular excursion.) When I click on that, my sailing is the first one in the list of results.

However, when I try to reserve it, it gives me 10 tours in that port, but not the one I am looking for. I called RCCL, and they said that it was not sold out--it simply wasn't there.

Just wondering what you guys make of this. An email to the shorex dept has not yet been answered. This was happening both before and after the site redesign.

They didn't say that though. The lady I talked to was as puzzled as I was. She told me to email the shore excursions department, but I wanted to see if anyone here had had a similar experience. Maybe it will be released later? It is still 9 months out. The vendor won't sell to me directly because of their contract, so my only option is to get it through RCCL and they claim that my sailing features it.

They didn't say that though. The lady I talked to was as puzzled as I was. She told me to email the shore excursions department, but I wanted to see if anyone here had had a similar experience. Maybe it will be released later? It is still 9 months out. The vendor won't sell to me directly because of their contract, so my only option is to get it through RCCL and they claim that my sailing features it.

Keep watching your Cruise Planner, this far in advance things can change.

Thanks. Vision of the Seas in Roatan. I was a little reluctant to say that it is a dolphin swim and snorkel because I know that it is controversial. We chose this one because the dolphins are free to come and go at will. I still have not heard back from the shorex dept.

Aha. Good catch. However, the gray box was giving me different/specific results before, so the link must have changed. Also, adding RTB to the URL doesn’t seem to change anything and would seem to only narrow to the port, not this excursion in particular. Something weird is going on, because at one point, I was getting Cozumel excursions on the Roatan page (see screenshot.) Hoping that they will get the bugs worked out and offer this. Thanks for everyone’s input.

1216018771_wrongport(640x521).jpg.59f4e13ff71cc93aaa7ffe6baf3b601d.jpg

Hi everybody, we haven't cruised with RCCL for about 10 years, and I have a lot of catching up to do on how things work with them. Our cruise is in December.

I want to do an excursion which is only offered through the cruise line. On the description page, there is a link that says "Find Cruises That Feature This." (particular excursion.) When I click on that, my sailing is the first one in the list of results.

However, when I try to reserve it, it gives me 10 tours in that port, but not the one I am looking for. I called RCCL, and they said that it was not sold out--it simply wasn't there.

Just wondering what you guys make of this. An email to the shorex dept has not yet been answered. This was happening both before and after the site redesign.

My experience with RC ha Steen that some shore excursions are not offered until closer in to departure without any rhyme or reason to when they become available.

Good. That is what I am hoping. I did hear back from RCCL this morning, and the reply was:

"Kindly note that at the moment there are no shore excursions available for Roatan, Honduras since your cruise is up until December, please allow us up until August to have all the excursions loaded for all your ports."

However, there are actually 10 available now. So inconsistencies with both the website and the info they're telling me...which is why I came here! Thanks everyone, I will keep watching and waiting.