Can Princess cancel your booking - Guarantee cabin

#cruiseaddict

Hi we are booked to sail in 15 days. Still waiting for cabin assignment. Its our first time doing it this way and my husband is driving me nuts. He’s adamant that Princess can cancel your booking and just refund your money if they have overbooked the trip. He keeps saying we will turn up at the port to be told there’s no room at the inn.

Is that possible? Will we end up flying to Sydney all dressed up and no where to go??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you happen to be on the 3/30 sailing of the Sun Princess? We are booked on it and noticed that it's been sold out for a while. In fact, I've hesitated booking a hotel in Sydney that is non-refundable just in case we receive a move over offer. We are booked in a suite, so I don't know if that makes it less of a chance of an offer.

Two thoughts:

• The closer to boarding a GTY gets without an assigned cabin, the better the

chance of an upsell offer or even --gasp!-- an upgrade.

• Cruise lines are very PR conscious, and if they would be facing a big PR

black-eye they won't "mistreat" individual pax even when they're legally entitled

to so. For example, when they involuntarily debarked the infamous 9 folks from

the Carnival Legend, Carnival flew them plus the other 17 who decided to

voluntarily debark with them all home for free. It all depends upon how big the

PR black eye, and how expensive a precedent (think: weather) would be.

Would you happen to be on the 3/30 sailing of the Sun Princess? We are booked on it and noticed that it's been sold out for a while. In fact, I've hesitated booking a hotel in Sydney that is non-refundable just in case we receive a move over offer. We are booked in a suite, so I don't know if that makes it less of a chance of an offer.

Hi no we are on Sea Princess 24th March - and hooray we have just been allocated a cabin!

Hi no we are on Sea Princess 24th March - and hooray we have just been allocated a cabin!
Please let us know your results. Did you get the category booked or a higher one? (No need to post the actual cabin number. For instance, we booked a Cat. BD guarantee for our cruise last month on the Regal and received a Cat. BB cabin.)

Please let us know your results. Did you get the category booked or a higher one? (No need to post the actual cabin number. For instance, we booked a Cat. BD guarantee for our cruise last month on the Regal and received a Cat. BB cabin.)

Yes - got the category we booked - more than happy as we got an extremely good rate for the cruise. Looking forward to it!!