Oosterdam pictures - LONG Overdue...

nobbync

Hi everyone... Back in March I posted a review of my cruise to Mexico on the Oosterdam. I actually finished a couple pages of my website and gave everyone a quick look and then I got as lazy as can be and kept putting it off. :( I read these pages all the time though and enjoy all the reviews so I thought I better get these pages done. Over the Christmas weekend I hid from the family and completed it. :D

I am having one problem with the website and that is a link from one page to the next. It works on some computers and not others and I am not sure why. I have cleaned the cache and all the other good stuff but still I have this problem. When you are on page Oosterdam2.html (Cabo San Lucas), at the bottom the NEXT link may not work. If it does not work just change the page to Oosterdam3.html and then you can continue. I've added the link and republished my entire pages and it still does not work all the time. :confused:

Hopefully none of you will have this problem... Enjoy!

http://www.nobbync.com/cruising.html

Nobby

Thanks for the photo share - I've always been jealous of those who can take good pictures.

I also enjoyed the shots from Regal Princess. We have been on her twice, and will be again in March, 'round the Horn, Buenos Aires to Santiago.

I agree about Regal's dome - it could have been put to much better use.

Thanks Nobby! Great pictures! Like was mentioned before...I am also jealous of people who can take such great pictures. I loved the one with the modern cruise ship and pirate ship. I also enjoyed the many views of your feet and footwear.

My husband has seemed to have no interest in our cruise...but at lunch today I pulled up your pictures to show him, and he did seem more interested now. He leaves all travel planning, packing, etc. to me...he always likes to say "I just show up when I am told to".

As farmers, 99% of our "vacations" revolve around farm shows and exhibitions. It is really nice to plan a trip that has NO farm connections.

Nobby, Verry Nicely done, I really enjoyed they way you put it together. Las Caletas looks interesting, currently we thought we would just go into town in PV but you have me thinking I might change plans for our upcoming return to the Oosterdam. Also I have two friends at home very much like Yoshi that try to tell us we should not cruise but after a few hours back home they are happy again.:)

Hello everyone and thanks for the great comments. I think I fixed the problem with the links by clearing it and then linking it again. Seems to work fine.

Those of you who are going on Oosterdam soon, have fun and I sure wish I was with you! It's a lovely ship and enjoy. If anyone needs a "cabin boy" I am for hire... :D

The key to taking good pictures is to take as many as you can... Some will turn out nice.... :D

Nobby

My husband has seemed to have no interest in our cruise...but at lunch today I pulled up your pictures to show him, and he did seem more interested now. He leaves all travel planning, packing, etc. to me...he always likes to say "I just show up when I am told to".

As farmers, 99% of our "vacations" revolve around farm shows and exhibitions. It is really nice to plan a trip that has NO farm connections.

Enjoy your cruise. I don't think I remember anything onboard the Oosterdam that should remind you of farming. And as for your husband, I think once he gets onboard he'll have interest.

In one of the halls near the internet cafe (I believe) had a board that tracked all the HAL ships and where they were at each day. They also had a log of some of the great voyages in our history like Columbus and Cook and many other famous explorers. I spent a lot of time reading through this.

Have fun and RELAX.....

Nobby

Las Caletas looks interesting, currently we thought we would just go into town in PV but you have me thinking I might change plans for our upcoming return to the Oosterdam. Also I have two friends at home very much like Yoshi that try to tell us we should not cruise but after a few hours back home they are happy again.:)

Hi Lisa... Thanks for your comments on the pictures.

My wife and I both enjoyed Las Caletas but it is not for everyone. As you saw on my pictures we did this cruise to relax and Las Caletas was part of that. I really wanted to do a massage there but we decided not to. If I go there again I will get a massage. If you want to spend a few hours on a nice secluded beach this is the place to go and I do mean secluded. If you want to go shopping or anything like that, this is not the place but you do have plenty of time in PV after to do just that. Right after you get there find a nice place to relax as many of the good areas are taken pretty fast but there are plenty of chairs for everyone. The bar opens about an hour after you get there and they'll bring the drinks to your chairs on the beach. That's when you can go kayaking or snorkling or take a hike or just lay around. About 1pm they'll have a nice buffet set up with some good food. After lunch you'll have about an hour before heading back.

As for Yoshi, I try to look at cruising webpages when she is sleeping because when she catches us she doesn't look too happy! :mad: Like your friends, Yoshi forgives us after a few minutes of our return... :)

Nobby

Nobby, Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos and your thoughts. You obviously love ships and know how to enjoy life. I hope DH and I have the pleasure of cruising with you and your wife some time.

Mrs Muir

Only 467 days until we board the Rotterdam!

GREAT PICS! I sailed on the O dec. 10-17 of this year (just a couple of weeks ago) and your pics just brought it all back. For all of my friends who want to see pics, I'll just send them here!! I just had a disposable camera with me and haven't had the film dev. yet....now I'm wondering if I should bother...yours are much better I'm sure! hehe

Nobby, we have another question. I just showed Tom (DH) your pictures and told him about Las Caletas. We have one question, What type of food did they offer in the buffet? Tom is a bit pickey about food and not a big Mexican Food Fan. Also approx. how much were the drinks that they served? I might like to snorkel but Tom would not. But it looks nice to be able to go for a walk and relax. Are there any gift shops there?

Thanks again for your information.

Thanks again for all the great comments.

Lynn - Enjoy your cruise! I can honestly say I wish I was going also and if you need a butler I do offer my services! :D It is very very nice to not have to travel far to board a ship and we have a wonderful one doing San Diego with the Oosterdam.

MrsMuir - Maybe someday we will have the chance to sail together. I'd love that but if you're ever sailing out of San Diego and you have some time maybe we could get together before you sail.

Lisa - I know they were serving beer and margarita's which were free. I am pretty sure the drinks at the bar were free also but I was too lazy to walk to the bar. I just let them bring me the beers while laying on the beach. Besides the kayaking the only other work we did was to walk up the hill to get to the restrooms... which by the way had no lights but was clean...at least what I saw of them... My DW is a picky eater as well and she likes basic foods and she liked the food here. The only thing that really stood out for me was the paella and they have a class showing you how to make it before eating it. For me I thought that was delicious and the rest of the food was really not Mexican. I think even a picky eater will find something they like but this is not a gourmet buffet that's for sure but the food wasn't bad with a few things being very good. I remember some type of hamburger pie, ribs, chicken wings and things like this.... Also Las Caletas isn't that big. The time you spend there is enough time to see it all. There is a gift shop but it was one of the smallest I have ever seen. We didn't see anything that was even a little interesting. Bring everything you need if you go there.

If you want to feel free to email me any quetions or just post here and I'll keep checking. I have more photos as well if you want me to email some to you.

Nobby

nobbync@yahoo.com

Lisa - I know they were serving beer and margarita's which were free. I am pretty sure the drinks at the bar were free also but I was too lazy to walk to the bar. I just let them bring me the beers while laying on the beach. Besides the kayaking the only other work we did was to walk up the hill to get to the restrooms... which by the way had no lights but was clean...at least what I saw of them... My DW is a picky eater as well and she likes basic foods and she liked the food here. The only thing that really stood out for me was the paella and they have a class showing you how to make it before eating it. For me I thought that was delicious and the rest of the food was really not Mexican. I think even a picky eater will find something they like but this is not a gourmet buffet that's for sure but the food wasn't bad with a few things being very good. I remember some type of hamburger pie, ribs, chicken wings and things like this.... Also Las Caletas isn't that big. The time you spend there is enough time to see it all. There is a gift shop but it was one of the smallest I have ever seen. We didn't see anything that was even a little interesting. Bring everything you need if you go there.

If you want to feel free to email me any quetions or just post here and I'll keep checking. I have more photos as well if you want me to email some to you.

Nobby

nobbync@yahoo.com

Thanks, That makes it even a better deal if the beers and margaritas are free. That about handles the needs for Tom and I. What more could one want?:D Tom is pretty much a meat and potato kind of guy, paella is on the list of things he would never try but it does sound like he would not starve. I will have to see if I can talk him into it. Although I think since we are in PV till late we may have dinner in town and go back to Blue Shrimp to eat. We had some drinks and an appetizer there this past October and wanted to go back for dinner.

Archived