Lines on Getaway?

crustyfam5

My family and I will be on the Getaway in a few weeks to the Western Caribbean, and the biggest thing that I am stressed over is being on a ship with almost 4000 other guests and having to wait in line everywhere we go. With it being spring break, should we expect to stand in long lines for the amenities (rock climbing, ropes course, water slides, etc.)? I have heard that the pool can be bad, but I'm not sure what to expect for the other stuff.

The pool area is genuinely filled. The pool itself at the main pool area is quite small in relation to the ratio of pool area and sun deck space. I think they built this class of ship thinking that SPF 70 would hold down the sun deck space needs for sun worshippers.

But its manageable, just crowded for sun deck chairs. Pool itself though is not the best layout depending on what you are accostomed to on other lines.

Its quite a tight fit.

Less lines later in the cruise. Ships sail full every week. Spring Break does not make the ship "fuller".

Actually I think the ships could have more passengers during Spring Break, as traditionally there are more families and opportunities for triple and quad occupancy rooms that otherwise are just couples.

I have sailed Getaway twice on sold out Thanksgiving cruises. The only line we ever waited in was the ropes course and that was an hour and that was only because it was closed most of the week due to high winds.

Rock climbing maybe 20 minutes. Water slide was fairly quick most of the time.

Buffet was generally busy but manageable.

(I live in Orlando, so waiting in endless lines and traffic is an every day occurrence for me)

I was on Getaway in early February and the only place that I felt that I had to "wait" at all was Margaritaville on embarkation day. Other than that all the lines for everything else were not bad at all. Make sure you see "Million Dollar Quartet" while you're on the ship. Without question the best show I've ever seen at Sea!