Seaside tips and tricks.

YellowDog

Ok...it’s my turn, this Saturday. I’ve read all the reviews, complaints, and conspiracies. I’ve gotten plenty of that. I want your tips and tricks. Stuff to make sure we don’t miss, things you learned that aren’t on the website etc. We are traveling with kids...going eastern Caribbean and have been on the Divina. And go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Use the MSC for me app:

* Book theater shows and specialty dining for entire week in 1st few hours onboard, must click on all passengers images to book for each.

*GPS directions/deck plans help you navigate around the crowds for port days and theater/dinner times. Example: leave theater on Deck 6 and walk aft to middle/atrium elevators

*In morning look at MDR menus, decide if you will be going to buffet

* Check the weather

* Check the dailies

In general:

* Don't follow the crowds, we adjusted to be just before or after 'peak times' and had much space/peace with no hassle

* Find what, you like and do it a lot

* Ask the staff if you need something, they do not come around pestering you...if you want 3 pieces of bread in MDR, ask for them...if you will want more bread with your entree, let your sever know at the beginning.

If entree is not to your liking, ask for something different

They allow you to order multiple starters and desserts...

* Check out the various venues and decks early AM and late PM

* If you are not going to buy items in minibar, ask steward nicely to clear it out for you, keep your extra water and snacks in there

* Buffets on deck 8 and 16 both have TONS of outdoor seating, usually one side is protected, if windy

*Have Fun

If you have the Thermal spa access, there is a small quiet section outside with lounge chairs and a hot tub to get away from the pool crowds.

The Seaside platter in the Champagne bar - Lobster, scallops, mussels, snow crab, gulf shrimp, langoustines, clams...very good. They ran a 20% off special a couple of nights.

On deck 5 in the Atrium they have a question box for Captain Massa. Write a question and he will respond in writing - will be dropped off in your cabin.

Each morning they have a morning show on TV and ask a question. In the billiard room they have forms and a drop box to put the answers in. The first few days of the cruise, only a few people answered so they gave a gift to all of them. We wound up winning 5 days. Our daughter loved waiting to see what would show up at night. It's just trinkets, but it was a blast for her, and to hear our name called out on the morning show.

Our experience was the wait staff would not ask for options. For example if you order cheesecake, you can get it with fruit compote, caramel or chocolate topping. The wait staff would just take the order for cheesecake and pick some random topping - be sure to specify what you want.

Status match - MSC will status match reward status to other cruise lines and hotels. This can get you a discount on your cruise and some other benefits. Do a little research before you try to get the highest level MSC status possible. For example a platinum level at one hotel might get you a Gold or Silver status match while a level at another hotel chain might get you black (MSC's highest level)

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx