Balcony Glass Cleaning

I was on the Oasis a last month. It is great sitting on the balcony, but you couldn't see through it very well due to the glass having salt water residue. What do you do about getting it clean? Ask the room attendant to clean it? Try to clean it yourself?

I was on the Oasis a last month. It is great sitting on the balcony, but you couldn't see through it very well due to the glass having salt water residue. What do you do about getting it clean? Ask the room attendant to clean it? Try to clean it yourself?

Stateroom attendant.

The crew will periodically clean the balcony glass on port days. It's not really safe for you or your room attendant to lean over the balcony and do it.

On our recent 12 night cruise, they did it once. You'll get a letter the night before telling you to close your drapes if you want privacy, as they're coming down with ropes like a window cleaner would do a high-rise building.

Stateroom attendant.

We have done both, asked the room steward and as a do it yourself project. The DIY project was pretty easy but doesn't get the entire glass only the area you can reach WITHOUT leaning over the rail. I've always felt that since you pay a little more for the pleasure of the balcony and its view, it should be part of the room stewards cleaning, not daily but as needed.

its not going to do much good to ask anyone. the salt water spray will pit the plexi/glass over time. there is a set schedule for when the outside is cleaned. they are not going to deviate from that upon request. cleaning the interior side will not help.

its not going to do much good to ask anyone. the salt water spray will pit the plexi/glass over time. there is a set schedule for when the outside is cleaned. they are not going to deviate from that upon request. cleaning the interior side will not help.

I'm pretty sure the glass on the balconies is tempered glass and not plexi/glass. It seems like there is a film left on the glass from the salt water and not really pitting. I've found the scheduled balcony cleaning is just a quick power wash and does very little to improve the visibility of the glass. It really needs some Windex to remove the film.

I totally disagree. Every single time I've ask my stateroom attendant to clean the glass, they've done it.