Viking - Rhone River Cruise - final disembark time in Lyon

momsherpa

Can someone who has been on the Viking Rhone River Cruse tell me the time you actually get off the boat for your final disembarkation? (Lyon, in our case.) Viking says 8am, but is that just when you need to be ready to get off, or are they actually getting people off the boat at 8am. I need to book train tickets (Lyon to Paris), so getting as much information as possible as to timing will be very helpful. Right now I'm thinking the 10am train will be our best option. Thanks!

Are you doing the Lyon to Lyon or the Avignon to Lyon? Either way your boat docks in Lyon 2 or 3 days before the end of the cruise. You may disembark whenever it suits you. On the last morning many Viking passengers may be leaving the ship at 5am (Or even earlier), so at 8:00 you may be among the last to leave.

I don't know about Viking, but generally you only have to be out of your cabin by the specified time. You can relax in the lounge until later. There in no problem mixing departing passengers with early arriving passengers on the next sailing.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Forums mobile app

Viking says 8am, but is that just when you need to be ready to get off, or are they actually getting people off the boat at 8am.

I've not encountered that.

The only time Viking has told guests when to depart boat has been when Viking have made onward travel arrangements, and time depends on what they are.

All passengers must vacate cabin by 9am. One time we had a late flight and had buffet lunch in lounge and went sightseeing before coming back to boat for coffee then to board coach for airport.

Those making own arrangments depart boat when covenient to them, hot drinks, toilets, bar service and use of lounge are all available all day.

Boat stays moored for new passengers to embark and boat then does tour other way.

I'd query that 8am info ---