Final Sail and Sign bill double dipped [emoji35]

Ascott318

Just returned from Carnival Pride . Anyone have issue with Bill? I went day before and gave my bank card to put money on account to lower cc bill. Looking at my online statements they double dipped and got another $600 from me.. Who do I call ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What did the balance on your final statement show?? It should have been in your mailbox the morning you disembarked the ship. Thats your proof as it will show all credits and charges to your account.....or as Stobe1 stated it could be a hold.....but seems odd

If both charges are the exact amount....I wouldn't even call Carnival. I would call credit card company and report a double billing, provide them the details and let them resolve. No guarantee how long it will take Carnival to resolve and atleast you can place that amount in dispute status with credit card company

I made the same mistake you made thinking I was paying down my bill. It eventually all worked out but the first charge is a “hold” or “pending” that they placed on your bank card. The second is the “actual” charge.

The first charge will come off and your bank will release those funds based upon the practices of your bank.

If you’re hit with overcharges,,,,, unfortunately,, that’s on you. The practice of holds is clearly stated in the terms of the contract with the cruise line, and mentioned on these boards for years.

I made the same mistake you made thinking I was paying down my bill. It eventually all worked out but the first charge is a “hold” or “pending” that they placed on your bank card. The second is the “actual” charge.

The first charge will come off and your bank will release those funds based upon the practices of your bank.

If you’re hit with overcharges,,,,, unfortunately,, that’s on you. The practice of holds is clearly stated in the terms of the contract with the cruise line, and mentioned on these boards for years.

Omg! This happened to me last night. I put $300 to pay down my bill and they charged me twice! I had all intentions of calling Carnival and the Bank this morning. So glad I saw this thread! Thank you

The hold applies to both credit and debit cards. When you give them the card, carnival doesn't know how much funds are available, and they don't want to worry about tracking a passenger down who didn't have enough funds available on the card.

So they put a hold ***** the card in advance. If you don't use the entire amount they will release any unused portion. The credit card company will not charge you any interest or fees for released funds, with the possible exception of overage charges.

If you use up the held funds carnival will put an additional hold on your card to secure what may be needed. The result of all this is your online credit card account will be an unintelligible mess for up to a few days after you return, until unused holds drop off.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Had the threadstarter NOT gone to guest services with his credit card, this would not have happened.

On the last night of the cruise, Carnival would have just charged the full amount to the threadstarter's credit card.

The threadstarter created the problem by duplicating the charges - in other words, what was the purpose of an interim visit to guest services to "pay down" the bill with the same credit card where the final charge was going to be made.

Had the threadstarter NOT gone to guest services with his credit card, this would not have happened.

On the last night of the cruise, Carnival would have just charged the full amount to the threadstarter's credit card.

The threadstarter created the problem by duplicating the charges - in other words, what was the purpose of an interim visit to guest services to "pay down" the bill with the same credit card where the final charge was going to be made.

I’m not sure I would flat out blame the OP for this, he/she thought that paying it down would lower the credit card charge, which most reasonable people would think would be the case. I worked for several years in the credit card industry and it’s not common knowledge among many consumers how credit card holds work, so it causes a lot of confusion and frustration for someone who might be viewing their credit card account online to see more than one hold appearing on their account and mistakenly believing they are being double charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk