Help me choose

cruiser20145

You’ll likely love cruising so much that you’ll regret not doing the 5 day if you go with the 4 Day. Plus, the first itinerary that goes to Grand Turk, too, will be amaaaaaazing beaches, the quintessential Caribbean beach experience. Do that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most assuredly this one:

5 Day Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Ecstasy from Miami

Going to: Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk

Departure Date: June 11,2018

People will say that the Fantasy Class (of which the Ecstacy is one - and I've sailed on half of the Fantasy Class) ships are old, outdated, etc. True. Most of the cabins don't have balconies; they don't have rock-walls or super amazing public spaces; but they do have great areas to sunbathe, very nice theaters and main dining rooms, and are well designed ships. In all my conversations with crewmembers (and I've had a few over the years), they prefer working Fantasy class ships because they're so well built and laid out.

That being said. You can book a balcony.

Of all the ports listed, Half Moon Cay is the BEST by far, followed by Grand Turk. Nassau is, well, listen to the old Beach Boys song. It's a rough town, but you can have a good time there. Aside from ship excursions, you can buy a "day pass" at a resort hotel.

The Caymans are pretty. Cozumel is an acquired taste which I can't seem to acquire. I love Key West, but - as noted - it's a lot like New Orleans on Mardis Gras. It would be different if you were staying there in a hotel or B&B.

I like the Ecstacy, I'd happily do another (I think I've done her twice?) cruise on her. With a short cruise and three port calls, you're not going to have long sea days to lounge around on your private balcony anyway, right? An "ocean view" works just fine.

Thanks everyone! We have narrowed it down to the Paradise, Ecstasy, and doing a 7 day in the Glory. I really wish that the Conquest was doing the eastern this week, that would make this so much easier!

The 7 day on Glory would be our choice. :):)

My mother and I are currently looking at our first cruise! We have narrowed our search to a few cruises, but are not certainof what we want. We have several options:

5 Day Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Ecstasy from Miami

Going to: Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk

Departure Date: June 11,2018

5 Day Western Caribbean

Carnival Conquest from Ft. Lauderdale

Going to: Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman

Departure Date: June 11, 2018

4 Day Bahamas

Carnival Victory from Miami

Going to: Nassau and Half Moon Cay

5 Day Western Caribbean

Carnival Paradise from Tampa

Going to: Key West, Cozumel

Departure Date: June 9, 2018

5 Day Western Caribbean

Majesty of the Seas from Tampa

Going to: Key West, Cozumel

If you were to select from these cruises for your first, what would you choose and why? We would really like 2 sea days, but also a 5 day cruise. We don't truly want a Fantasy class, but don't love the ports of the Conquest.

I think you are smart to pick a shorter cruise for your first cruise. I loved Turks, Half Moon Cay and Bahamas. I had never been to Nassau so we had a great time. Key West is always fun as well. I love Grand Cayman. My favorite Caribbean island, honestly. I am not sure you could go wrong with any of those itineraries. You will enjoy them all! Have a great time!

J

Thanks everyone! We have narrowed it down to the Paradise, Ecstasy, and doing a 7 day in the Glory. I really wish that the Conquest was doing the eastern this week, that would make this so much easier!
Glad to see that my Glory suggestion is on your three choice short list. It's really a no brainier since it's the biggest, newest ship and is also two days longer.

One benefit of doing a smaller ship with your mother is that she is less likely to get lost over feel overwhelmed by the size of the ship. If you do 5 day that includes Nassau, you do not have to get off. I would recommend not doing Jamaica. It surprises me that ships are still stopping when there is level 2 travel advisory. And this includes Montego Bay.

Decide what's important. - beach time? Then Grand Turk, HMC, Princess Cay - good choices

Shopping - Nassau, maybe freeport

Ship food options - then see which ones have the best.

Best of luck!