MDR Traditional Dining Reso

snoope

I’m looking for some advice. We have three cabins booked for a total of 8 people. One room had to be booked thru a travel agent because it’s “Dialysis at Sea”. Most of the party is elderly and first time cruisers. We all really want to do 5:30 traditional dining. When I booked (a year in advance) we were waitlisted for it. I was told that it hadn’t even opened yet for reservations. The TA was able to “override” the one waitlist and put the one cabin for 5:30. The other two are still waitlisted. How could only one go through when all reservations are linked? I called Royale and they said there is nothing they can do because the 5:30 is overbooked. How can it go from not being open yet for resos to being overbooked? Our sailing is HOS in November 2018. Any advice on how we can all sit together for 5:30 traditional?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get your booking numbers (reservation numbers) LINKED. Have everyone give the TA or RCI their booking numbers, and "link" them. That way, they KNOW you're together. If you're already on the waitlist, that's good. When you board the ship, someone needs to head to the dining room (usually around 2 pm) and confirm that you're linked and waitlisted. They WANT you to be happy and together. They will make it happen!

If all else fails, get everyone into MTD, and go at 5:30! No problems! They will make sure you eat at your desired time and all together. Just LINK your booking numbers!

Yes all our reservations are linked. I can see that when I log in to the cruise planner. I didn’t know I could talk to someone in the MDR around 2p. Do you know what floor? Our last cruise there were staff outside the doors answering questions but not allowing anyone in on the first day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes all our reservations are linked. I can see that when I log in to the cruise planner. I didn’t know I could talk to someone in the MDR around 2p. Do you know what floor? Our last cruise there were staff outside the doors answering questions but not allowing anyone in on the first day.

The deck for traditional dining will be listed on the SeaPass card of the person who was successfully moved to traditional.