Freedom of the Seas - ABC Islands

RG306

We are booked onboard the FOS and are so excited to be revisiting Bonaire & Aruba. Curacao is new to us.

Just starting to think of excursions and I know we want to go diving or snorkeling in Bonaire, maybe check out the salt flats. We also want to do an ATV excursion - which would be better Aruba or Curacao for off roading and sights? And which would be better for a beach day and maybe some water sports - tubing or jet skiing?

Any tips? Any must sees on each island?

We are booked onboard the FOS and are so excited to be revisiting Bonaire & Aruba. Curacao is new to us.

Just starting to think of excursions and I know we want to go diving or snorkeling in Bonaire, maybe check out the salt flats. We also want to do an ATV excursion - which would be better Aruba or Curacao for off roading and sights? And which would be better for a beach day and maybe some water sports - tubing or jet skiing?

We have never been to the ABC islands (ok except Aruba) so I will be following your thread. We are also going in Freedom? When are you going ?

I hear that Aruba is very good for the ATV excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aruba and Curacao are both great for ATV or horseback excursions. The interiors of both are semi-desert that few tourists venture into. I love both islands and will be returning on the Freedom in December.

Viator has a good selection of ATV tours at decent prices.

Try ABC Tours in Aruba. We have done three of their Jeep excursions and loved it. They also offer ATV tours. Those people ended up pretty dusted out especially if you are near the back. You will need something to cover your nose and mouth for sure. You will get to see a lot of really cool things in Aruba.

Curacao has some of the prettiest beaches I’ve ever visited. If you like the beach, spend a day at one of the beaches like Cas Abao or Porto Marie. Both are gorgeous and offer chair rentals and food/drinks.

I'm envious of you, I love Freedom and those islands. We enjoyed Aruba Trikes when we visited. Not offroad, but just as much fun. We were in a lot of other people's videos and pictures as we drove the island.

Absolutely recommend Woodwind. We snorkeled with them late last year and it was amazing. Book as soon as you can as they often sell out months in advance.

We took the local bus in Aruba to the Palm Beach area. Just a couple dollars each way and sat our stuff in the sand. Really enjoyable morning, and although we didn't rent chairs or do watersports, all were readily available.

In Curacao we did something completely different and hired a professional photographer...... but not to take pictures. We arranged with Gail's Photography to take us to her favorite places on the island and teach us how to use our cameras beyond the AUTO setting.

We spent 4 hours with Gail and in just the first few minutes we were learning how to use our DSLRs properly and capturing incredible memories. Gail only does these tours a few times a month, so early contact with her is essential. She used her own car and provided a great tour of the island between photo opportunities.

From flamingoes, abandoned sea-side resorts, crashing waves and sea-caves, this was easily one of the best side-excursions we have ever done.

Gail can be contacted via: info@gailphotography.co.uk

Joe

Halifax, Canada

Thank you. We’re in port until 6, do you think we’d have time to see anything else on the island or should we just commit to this?

We did the morning tour, and still had time to go back to the ship, shower, and be able to walk around town for awhile. Downtown is not a huge area at all, but some nice markets, places to eat, and also a decent brewery. Very leisurely stroll, we spent a couple hours just walking around. I don't know that you'd have enough time to really see much outside of town properly.

Thank you. We’re in port until 6, do you think we’d have time to see anything else on the island or should we just commit to this?

If you opt for the morning snorkel tour, you should be finished by 1-2pm.

• 2 weeks later...

We went ahead and booked with Woodwind. The afternoon snorkel session, figured this way we'd head straight back to the ship to shower and change. The excursion looks great & Ulf was so quick to respond and very helpful.

Now, to decide between Aruba or Curacao for the ATV adventure... Any tour operator recommendations? Or alternative cannot be missed excursions?

We went ahead and booked with Woodwind. The afternoon snorkel session, figured this way we'd head straight back to the ship to shower and change. The excursion looks great & Ulf was so quick to respond and very helpful.

Now, to decide between Aruba or Curacao for the ATV adventure... Any tour operator recommendations? Or alternative cannot be missed excursions?

I'd do the ATV in Aruba and leave time to enjoy downtown Willemstad in Curacao, including the floating bridge.

We booked a year in advance with wood wind and got the afternoon.

We’re booked with ABC tours UTV next month. Taking googles, guess I might need a mask too.

We’re trying a new contact in Curacao. Back2nature. Private Jeep tour to the north and west part of the island.

Have a great time.

• Like 1

We booked a year in advance with wood wind and got the afternoon.

We’re booked with ABC tours UTV next month. Taking googles, guess I might need a mask too.

We’re trying a new contact in Curacao. Back2nature. Private Jeep tour to the north and west part of the island.

Have a great time.

Please let us know what you think of Back2nature. I booked them for my Thanksgiving cruise because the tour sounded perfect, but there aren’t many reviews out there. I would love to hear what you think! Thanks!

I just booked the morning session on the Woodwind. One of those tours that appealed to me the first time I read about it. They encourage people to book as far in advance as possible.

Is the morning session the 3 or 4 hour snorkel? Or an I missing something ?

That works !! Thank you Clarea. We will be there next March 27..looks like we are booking this one

You're welcome, and this will spoil you for any other snorkeling excursion.