Price Drop After Final Payment Date

Pops, Esq.

I am looking at a small price drop after final payment date. I want to submit the form to claim it, but want to clarify something first. I am booked under a reduced deposit fare. Usually, when you claim a price drop, you are moved to whatever the deposit is on the new fare -- for instance, if I booked under a 50% deposit, but claimed a price drop with a full deposit, I would be on a full deposit fare (should I later cancel). What happens when I am past final payment date, which means there is NO deposit, since you have to just pay full fare when you book?

This is my understanding of that type of situation: If you booked early saver & it's already paid in full, then you would get OBC for the difference. If you had to cancel, you would be losing a full deposit. Well, not actually losing. You'd be out $50 per person and the rest of the full deposit would be held as a future cruise credit. We had to change a cruise date & had booked under a half deposit, but the rescheduled rate required a full deposit and we had to pay the difference in the deposit upon rescheduling. I'm sure if that is incorrect, someone will correct me.

This is my understanding of that type of situation: If you booked early saver & it's already paid in full, then you would get OBC for the difference. If you had to cancel, you would be losing a full deposit. Well, not actually losing. You'd be out $50 per person and the rest of the full deposit would be held as a future cruise credit. We had to change a cruise date & had booked under a half deposit, but the rescheduled rate required a full deposit and we had to pay the difference in the deposit upon rescheduling. I'm sure if that is incorrect, someone will correct me.

I am figuring if I do the price drop, I will then be on the full deposit rate, but that is just an assumption on my part.

I get the part about it will be an OBC and I am paid in full. But, it's a low enough drop that I am sure I will spend more on board than what I am getting.

Figured it out.

Final payment days, it changes from losing your actual deposit (not "losing" but having it transferred to an FCC) to a "standard deposit rate". That means everyone is "riskinig" a full deposit rate after final payment date, until 55 days before the cruise, where it becomes 50% of the fare. And so on...

Once your booking is within our cancellation penalty period, the amount of penalty will increase as the cruise departure approaches. When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise:

• From the final payment date to 56 days prior to sailing (or 46 days prior to sailing for cruises 5 days or less), the penalty is the standard deposit amount.
  • From 55 days prior to sailing to 30 days prior to sailing (or 45 to 30 days prior to sailing on cruises 5 days or less), the penalty is 50% of the total fare or the deposit amount, whichever is greater.
  • From 29 to15 days prior to sailing, the penalty is 75% of the total fare or the deposit amount, whichever is greater.
  • From 14 days prior to sailing to the day of your cruise, the penalty is 100%* of the total fare.
  • No refunds will be made if you do not show up for your cruise or if you interrupt or cancel your vacation once it has begun.

I am looking at a small price drop after final payment date. I want to submit the form to claim it, but want to clarify something first. I am booked under a reduced deposit fare. Usually, when you claim a price drop, you are moved to whatever the deposit is on the new fare -- for instance, if I booked under a 50% deposit, but claimed a price drop with a full deposit, I would be on a full deposit fare (should I later cancel). What happens when I am past final payment date, which means there is NO deposit, since you have to just pay full fare when you book?

I'm really not sure why you are concerned with the deposit at this point. When you book at a reduced deposit, they still require the full deposit amount, eventually. In other words, once you have paid in full, you have paid the full standard deposit. It is the full standard deposit that they will consider when looking at cancellations.

At this point, since you booked ES and are past the final payment date, just simply send in your form. You will receive OBC for the difference in fare.

I'm really not sure why you are concerned with the deposit at this point. When you book at a reduced deposit, they still require the full deposit amount, eventually. In other words, once you have paid in full, you have paid the full standard deposit. It is the full standard deposit that they will consider when looking at cancellations.

At this point, since you booked ES and are past the final payment date, just simply send in your form. You will receive OBC for the difference in fare.

I was concerned about cancellations. Prior to final payment date, you only "risk" your deposit (less the cancellation fee). So, if I had to cancel, I would have less money tied up in the Future Cruise Credit and more money back in my account. I figure out just what you said above, that after final payment date, it's the standard deposit that will be tied up in the FCC no matter what.