Limited cabin category availability

shof515

With all of these $1 dollar deposits sale, has anyone noticed a lack of cabin availability in a certain category and that the overall cabin selection is limited?

I've been watching a cruises for the Fall 2019, a year and half away and i noticed one cabin category is sold out and another category only has like 6 cabins left. Seems odd for a ship to fill up that fast!!. It will be interesting to see what happens next year when final payment is due

Other than pure emotion, I didn’t understand the attraction to the $1 deposit vs the $50 deposit that had run for more than a month. Both are insignificant amounts of money to hold a cabin.

For families or 4, that were looking at booking back to back or multiple cruises and not sure which one they would actually take..let’s say 3 cruises..... $12 is so much easier to swallow or even walk away from than $600

To the OP I’ve seen prices and availability of the studio cabins skyrocket right after the one dollar deposit promotion ended. Will be interesting to see how many of those cabins open up after final payment.

There's one cruise for Jan 2020 that's sold out of studios! Lol. I'm one of the ones that got it for $1, but that's because it's going to be a singles hosted cruise and I knew studios would sell out once posted even without the sale.

I debated booking others, but decided I didn't want to keep up with all those final payments. My current plan is to hope cruise prices crash right after final payment with a lot canceling and I can scoop up a deal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Other than pure emotion, I didn’t understand the attraction to the $1 deposit vs the $50 deposit that had run for more than a month. Both are insignificant amounts of money to hold a cabin.

Dollar deposit never make's me jump to book. You to eventually pay for the whole cruise.

I also don't think that it's that big of a drawing card.

I also don't think that it's that big of a drawing card.

It's mainly for people who are particular about their stateroom choice. Knowing that someone else may book it can cause an otherwise sane person to jump and book a cruise early....even if they had no intention of booking a cruise when they woke up that morning.