Is it tacky to bring my Yeti?

Megan_Strick

I love the mango whatever juice in the mornings and would like to fill up a cut to save and have throughout the day. Is it ok to bring my Yeti? Also, I have bottomless bubbles. Will they fill it up with soda or will I only get one at a time still?

Not tacky at all. In fact, I highly recommend taking something of the sort. We just have large, regular ole travel mugs that were given to us as gifts for our last cruise (from frequent cruisers) and I'm glad they thought of it because they were so handy. Filled it up with lemonade and always had a drink nearby when I wanted it. For sanitary purposes, if you use it for one of the fountain drinks, you should dispense the drink into one of their clean cups, then use that to fill your Yeti.

Don't know about bottomless bubbles - but we're like many folks I see aboard and bring insulated mugs. We bring a big mug to the Lido and fill it with ice and Arnold Palmers all day (that would be the "free" iced tea mixed with the "free" lemonade.) Can't fill the mug from the machine (hygienics) but I use one of their glasses and pour what I want into my mug.

It's also nice in the evening to make a big cup of hot tea to take back to the cabin.

Edited by summersigh

Two questions asked here.

Is it tacky? I think it’s tacky and low rent. I’d put it up there with trailer trash, but, I grew up in a trailer court.

Can you do it? Sure you can.

Before someone gets their britches scrunched up, I was raised in a trailer park. There’s some very proud and good people who live in trailer parks.

OP asked an opinion and I provided mine.

Just out of curiosity, for those who think it is, what's so tacky about them? To me, I'd probably consider it tacky if someone carried around one of those 100 oz. behemoth travel mugs...

IMG_2636.JPG**Not me LOL. Pulled from the web**

But how is a regular travel mug or tumbler any different than carrying around a bottle of beer, a glass of wine, glass of soda, or one of their plastic Lido cups?

I am a "to each their own" kind of person so I really don't care what others do with their lives....but TO ME I find it tacky because to me it screams "I am too cheap to buy a drink so I have made my own to save a few bucks" now that might not be the case for every yeti carrier or even most but that's how I look at it....I am not well off and don't throw money around in the "real" world but I do think while on "vacation" we should splurge and treat ourselves a bit and if you pay $12 for a drink so be it...you worked hard and deserve it...its sorta like coupons....nothing wrong with them but if I was on a first date with a guy and he busted one out I'd find that tacky and assume he's cheap.....be it the case or not.....

I love the mango whatever juice in the mornings and would like to fill up a cut to save and have throughout the day. Is it ok to bring my Yeti? Also, I have bottomless bubbles. Will they fill it up with soda or will I only get one at a time still?
If you are ok with lugging it around, it is fine. If you leave it somewhere, I would not expect to see it again. I am a big drinker of the non alcoholic variety so I understand the desire to have one I get two lemonades for dinner and if refill service is really slow I have been known to request a third, but I hated being burdened by my own mug. It seemed like at least once or twice a day I was having to back track to go get my cup where ever I had left it, it having someone else in my party handing it to me saying, you left this. (Again?)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I plan on bringing my Yeti this summer. I don't think it's tacky. Less trips to the bar or room.

You have spent the extra money to buy the original! Now if you walk around with the Walmart knockoff off the Yeti, then yes that's tacky. Yeti owners can spot the knockoffs a mile away. It's like driving a Lexus vs. Toyota.

By the way I own both. I bring a walmart knockoff to work everyday. They both perform exactly the same. lol.

I am a "to each their own" kind of person so I really don't care what others do with their lives....but TO ME I find it tacky because to me it screams "I am too cheap to buy a drink so I have made my own to save a few bucks" now that might not be the case for every yeti carrier or even most but that's how I look at it....I am not well off and don't throw money around in the "real" world but I do think while on "vacation" we should splurge and treat ourselves a bit and if you pay $12 for a drink so be it...you worked hard and deserve it...its sorta like coupons....nothing wrong with them but if I was on a first date with a guy and he busted one out I'd find that tacky and assume he's cheap.....be it the case or not.....

I can assure you that it has nothing to do with "I am too cheap to buy a drink so I have made my own to save a few bucks" and everything to do with I don't like my damn ice to melt. :cool:

I have cheers and use my Yeti... it keeps my drink ICE COLD, I am able to sanitize and wash it myself (I dont always know with the cruise lines cups), it has a lid which prevents spilling and/or getting dirt/bugs/whatever in it etc... so there is A LOT of practical reasons for using your own insulated cup... besides, it’s YOUR vacation do as you wish, you should not give a HOOT what ANYBODY thinks!

Don't know if this has changed, but previously the soda package only allowed for a highball glass (about 8 oz.) of soda per visit to the bar. I doubt they would fill your big mug but you can ask, or you can make six trips and fill it up over time :D.

Who cares? You’re on vacation with people you’ll see 3-14 days and probably never again! The only thing we should judge others on is causing actual problems for other guests and staff....and for judging others for doing something that doesn’t cause others problems.

To your point though, I forgot a large cup/tumbler and was in hell drinking water out of the small cups/paying for bottled water. Never again!