Bringing wine on board

Shaver John

Nor is there any charge if you carry it by the glass or even take the bottle to the Horizon to drink.

It seems as though the DR is the only place that assess a corkage charge fee.

We do a generous pour in our room most nights and carry it to the DR.

So does it work when you get on board? Do you take the bottles to your dining room and have them store it for you?

If you consume your free bottles in your cabin, then no fee, however, if you take them to any restaurant you have to pay the $15.00 per. Or that is what is supposed to happen, if the waiter doesn't want to be bothered with charging you, then don't worry about it. We have never taken a bottle of wine from the cabin to the MDR or anywhere else. We have taken our drinks, wine or cocktails, that we haven't finished in other venues, including our cabin, into the MDR. However, many times we have taken our wine bottle, purchased in the MDR, back to the cabin. I prefer to leave it at the MDR for the next evening, however, if the wait staff circumstances are not very well coordinated, on a particular voyage, in the MDR they often have a dickens of a time finding your bottle or worse yet, even losing it. So, in order to avoid putting more pressure on the understaffed and harried dining room personnel, I just take it back with me.

Princess Booze, Rules---"Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Two-part rule: Each passenger of drinking age can bring one bottle of wine or Champagne (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the cabin. When brought to restaurants, a $15 corkage fee applies. Bringing additional wine or Champagne bottles aboard is allowed, but each bottle will incur a $15 corkage fee, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed."

We walked in with 3 bottles, we tried to pay for the fee for the 3rd bottle but I am not sure if the guy was confused because my husband and I were standing next to each other so he thought that 2 bottles, 2 people, although I had a bottle in my bag. lol We had the soda package and it came with these reusable cups so the last night when we still had a bottle left, we opened in our room and threw them in the cups. Wish we would have thought about that sooner. We normally just enjoyed our bottle on our balcony when we wanted to chill out.

We walked in with 3 bottles, we tried to pay for the fee for the 3rd bottle but I am not sure if the guy was confused because my husband and I were standing next to each other so he thought that 2 bottles, 2 people, although I had a bottle in my bag. lol We had the soda package and it came with these reusable cups so the last night when we still had a bottle left, we opened in our room and threw them in the cups. Wish we would have thought about that sooner. We normally just enjoyed our bottle on our balcony when we wanted to chill out.

Ask the steward to keep a couple of wine glasses in your room. If they are not low on them, it is not a problem for the steward. If he can't, just stop at any bar and ask for a couple.

I am planning to bring my one bottle of wine on board with me on the Coral Princess tomorrow in Port Everglades. I am not sure of the logistics of this. Will I be asked to show someone the bottle or will I just declare that I have it? I am trying to decide whether to pack it in my roller bag or back pack. Thanks

I am planning to bring my one bottle of wine on board with me on the Coral Princess tomorrow in Port Everglades. I am not sure of the logistics of this. Will I be asked to show someone the bottle or will I just declare that I have it? I am trying to decide whether to pack it in my roller bag or back pack. Thanks

If it is just one bottle, you shouldn't have a problem either way.

I found in some ports, Princess tracks all the wine by passenger in the suitcases and the people scanning people have info on how many are in the suitcases so when you bring your carry on on with wine, they know you already have some in your luggage. Thus some of the trips to the naughty table we have skipped.

Forgot to note that some people are leery of putting a bottle in luggage fearing the bottle will break with the rough handling. We have never had one break though. I better be careful now that I have jinxed it.

My understanding is that you must pay $15 corkage and can enjoy it with dinner if you buy it in port.

The first two 750 ml bottles are no charge if you bring them on at the start of the cruise and drink them in your stateroom.

I'll be cruising solo in October on Ruby Princess. Does that mean I can only bring 1 bottle of wine on for N/C? And all subsequent will be $15 each corkage? I only want to bring 2 bottles total.

I'll be cruising solo in October on Ruby Princess. Does that mean I can only bring 1 bottle of wine on for N/C? And all subsequent will be $15 each corkage? I only want to bring 2 bottles total.

Yes...one fee free bottle per adult.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Ask the steward to keep a couple of wine glasses in your room. If they are not low on them, it is not a problem for the steward. If he can't, just stop at any bar and ask for a couple.

The glasses the steward gives you or the ones from the bars are the small wine glasses.

The water glasses from the Horizon are large enough not to need a refill during dinner.

If it is just one bottle, you shouldn't have a problem either way.

I found in some ports, Princess tracks all the wine by passenger in the suitcases and the people scanning people have info on how many are in the suitcases so when you bring your carry on on with wine, they know you already have some in your luggage. Thus some of the trips to the naughty table we have skipped.

Theoretically they're suppose to record the number of bottles you have in your carry on bags but on the last 5 or 6 cruises here in Florida, they never had the check in table set up early in the day.

You could have packed 2 more in the checked luggage & they would never have known anything.

Theoretically they're suppose to record the number of bottles you have in your carry on bags but on the last 5 or 6 cruises here in Florida, they never had the check in table set up early in the day.

You could have packed 2 more in the checked luggage & they would never have known anything.

In the past, we have put up to 2 bottles in each suit case and then brought 1 on each. In March 2016 sailing out on Buenos Aires, we started out with 8 bottles in the room. Eventually paid corkage on 2 when we shared the bottle with our table.

I will be going on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise and will bring approximately 6 bottles of wine. Is it possible to take all of the bottles to the MDR the first night so they can store them and keep them chilled for me?

Forgot to note that some people are leery of putting a bottle in luggage fearing the bottle will break with the rough handling. We have never had one break though. I better be careful now that I have jinxed it.

Neither have I. I have a pretty nice insulated, well-padded tote to hold my one or two bottles, and I pack it securely in my luggage.

Back in my working days I once was one of the first to arrive at baggage claim at the end of a trip. On the floor, off the carousel was a suitcase that had not been claimed from a previous flight--in a puddle of red wine. Obviously, that one had not been packed very well. To this day I wonder if the owner just walked away from the mess.

Neither have I. I have a pretty nice insulated, well-padded tote to hold my one or two bottles, and I pack it securely in my luggage.

Back in my working days I once was one of the first to arrive at baggage claim at the end of a trip. On the floor, off the carousel was a suitcase that had not been claimed from a previous flight--in a puddle of red wine. Obviously, that one had not been packed very well. To this day I wonder if the owner just walked away from the mess.

Flying SW air they make you buy their padded sealed containers. We have a couple of these for the reds.

The glasses the steward gives you or the ones from the bars are the small wine glasses.

The water glasses from the Horizon are large enough not to need a refill during dinner.

DW is a lite weight. If she drank that much, the ship would be moving if we were still tied up!:o

So do we, never had one break yet. It seems like the cruise lines would sell these in the gift shops too, since they are so hot on getting you to buy their duty free 1 liter bottles of spirits to take home, and you certainly aren't going to hand carry those through TSA.

We get ours at a liquor store here, the better ones even hold two bottles with handles, making it convenient to carry up the gangway.

Our room Steward almost always spots the wine we have and brings wine glasses without asking. Also, when I order a bottle from cabin service they bring wine glasses too. I rat-hole a couple just to make sure I have one. As far as the big wine glasses go, I prefer the smaller ones, mainly because if I have a big glass full of red I'm going to spill in on myself. When I'm wearing my white tux jacket, guaranteed.

Bought this for DH for Christmas. Eager to stock up at Total Wine and try it on our next cruise :)

We also have something very similar, CR. Works great. I'll probably fill it up for our Alaska cruise the end of April. Also, the bottle dividers can be unzipped and packed in the luggage that is picked up on the last night of the cruise, and, so, we can used the wheels to pack our overnight things for disembarkation.

:D

I will be going on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise and will bring approximately 6 bottles of wine. Is it possible to take all of the bottles to the MDR the first night so they can store them and keep them chilled for me?

They will not store your wine which is kept in your cabin.

When bringing a bottle to a dining room (and pay any required fee) and not finishing the bottle, they will store the remaining wine until you want it again. That is easiest accomplished when in the same dining room but by providing information (such as dining room, table & folio number) they can deliver it to a different dining room.

They will not store your wine which is kept in your cabin.

When bringing a bottle to a dining room (and pay any required fee) and not finishing the bottle, they will store the remaining wine until you want it again. That is easiest accomplished when in the same dining room but by providing information (such as dining room, table & folio number) they can deliver it to a different dining room.

We have even gone to a specialty DR and got our wine from the night before. The opposite is also true.

Frank, did you find my fubar yet?

We always take a cruise for Christmas and New Years we gift wrap two four liter boxes of wine, and even bring print outs of snow globes in case we are asked what they are it has never been a problem. That 2 gallons of wine is enough for us and allows us to entertain in our Suite, and since I’m paying for Suite we don’t feel the least bit guilty!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by goldenrod

We always take a cruise for Christmas and New Years we gift wrap two four liter boxes of wine, and even bring print outs of snow globes in case we are asked what they are it has never been a problem. That 2 gallons of wine is enough for us and allows us to entertain in our Suite, and since I’m paying for Suite we don’t feel the least bit guilty!

I didn't see that one coming! LOL Just have to learn to drink from a carton. Not sure if the DW will go there.:confused:

I didn't see that one coming! LOL Just have to learn to drink from a carton. Not sure if the DW will go there.:confused:

This is a high quality box wine the Malbec and Chardonnay are very good and keep very well because the wine is not exposed to air.