No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

The platinum and diamond perks have nothing to do with FTTF perks thar passengers pay for. The perks for platinum and diamond still show up in the VIFP status charts so no reason to think that is changing. I have cruised twice in the last 4 months and neither time had any issue getting into cabin immediately and getting luggage within 30 minutes of being on board. The signs were changed so that passengers who don't know that others may have early access to cabins din't just open doors and start looking for their cabins. On last cruise, during the boarding process, staff was at elevators guiding Plat/Dia/FTTF folks to two elevators that were going to all floors and all other elevators were set to only open at Lido deck. JH posted a notice from upper management today that there is no change to the current plat/Dia perks. Also for those who made comments that an unlimited number of FTTF passes are sold is very wrong. Each ship has a different number available and based on how many Dia/Plat are on the specific cruise. There are cruises where there are no FTTF passes available. Let's stop the rumors that are being spread. If you don't like the system then maybe it's time to move along to another cruiseline and see if you can have better cruise experiences. Most of us have cruised on other cruiselines and each has different issues and some have the same type issues. Life's just way too short to complain when there are alternatives available.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

The "SCREENSHOT OF THE NEW VIFP PERKS" is a photoshopped fake document that DCOOK51 (a first time poster) is using to stir the pot. Stateroom priority entry has never been on this document and it is still not there in the Carnival website. D and P got it only when FTTF was instituted.

Phew. Thanks. I got suckered in.

Just playing devil's advocate here. Imagine for a moment this news were true. Would this news be the announcement of a cutback, change, addition by subtraction or outright addition?

Enhancement :)

With all the false information, innuendo and the like in this thread, along with repeated posts from JH on that other site that include quotes from senior management that this is false....can I kindly ask that this thread be closed.
Here's the link to the real benefits that show no changes from what we've been getting. Definitely time to close this topic. https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Yes I know that’s the issue. If it’s not true why haven’t they put the sentence back? All this could be put to rest with one simple sentence being added back in.

I have not read all of the posts so don’t know if this was posted already. I apologize if it has been posted. I believe this rumor started when someone saw that the perk of going to your cabin upon embarking was not shown as a perk and reported that it had been removed . NOT!

I have been a Diamond since before FTTF and we only got this perk and getting our luggage as a priority because it was a FTTF perk. So NEVER listed as a perk for Platinum or Diamond. Not before and not now.

If you had read the thread, you'd know where it was listed in the FAQ's and was actually removed from. As explained many times early in this thread, if you read the FAQ's for FTTF, all of the perks that FTTF gets also includes the phrase, "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests." In the past, that note was also included with the "First Access to Stateroom" perk, but was deleted by Carnival in recent weeks. So in addition to P/D's reporting they were being turned away (see below), the deletion of that sentence from the FTTF FAQ's helped fuel the rumor.

The rumor didn't start on these boards. It started when platinum/diamonds in the last few months began reporting that they were being denied early access to their cabins. It varied between ships and who they spoke to on board. It did not start on here, it was brought here by P/D's who were having first-hand accounts. And it certainly didn't devolve into posting fake, photoshopped Carnival webpages until this character "dcook51" did it today (over two weeks after these two merged threads were created). It's obvious someone created that dcook51 account just to post the fake image and, if I had to guess, I'd say it was one of the usual troublemakers around here. Someone who keeps whining about this thread and just wants to stir the pot. It's too convenient that that showed up after all this time.

No one has to post in this thread. If anyone's tired of reading about it, remove it from your subscribed threads list and simply skip passed it if you see it. I think it's sad that there's people here who are so eager to kiss the ring of JH that they run to his fb page to report what's posted here, as soon as it's posted.

With all the false information, innuendo and the like in this thread, along with repeated posts from JH on that other site that include quotes from senior management that this is false....can I kindly ask that this thread be closed.

Why should the thread be closed when Platinums/Diamonds are still reporting issues with early access to their rooms? Yes, JH said P/Ds still have access. However, recent experiences by some P/Ds state otherwise...Why shouldn’t P/Ds be allowed to share their experiences in this regard?

If you had read the thread, you'd know where it was listed in the FAQ's and was actually removed from. As explained many times early in this thread, if you read the FAQ's for FTTF, all of the perks that FTTF gets also includes the phrase, "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests." In the past, that note was also included with the "First Access to Stateroom" perk, but was deleted by Carnival in recent weeks. So in addition to P/D's reporting they were being turned away (see below), the deletion of that sentence from the FTTF FAQ's helped fuel the rumor.

The rumor didn't start on these boards. It started when platinum/diamonds in the last few months began reporting that they were being denied early access to their cabins. It varied between ships and who they spoke to on board. It did not start on here, it was brought here by P/D's who were having first-hand accounts. And it certainly didn't devolve into posting fake, photoshopped Carnival webpages until this character "dcook51" did it today (over two weeks after these two merged threads were created). It's obvious someone created that dcook51 account just to post the fake image and, if I had to guess, I'd say it was one of the usual troublemakers around here. Someone who keeps whining about this thread and just wants to stir the pot. It's too convenient that that showed up after all this time.

No one has to post in this thread. If anyone's tired of reading about it, remove it from your subscribed threads list and simply skip passed it if you see it. I think it's sad that there's people here who are so eager to kiss the ring of JH that they run to his fb page to report what's posted here, as soon as it's posted.

There is a huge probability that the one who posted that fake image is the same person who posted the link to JH on FB. Not to kiss up but to stir the pot.

Now.. speaking from a practical standpoint, CCL seems to be in a pickle jar of their own making regarding staff... At the behest of an extensive “shipboard labor study” by an outside consulting company, they dramatically cut back on number stewards and are actively trying to push the once a day cleaning to cover the increased workload... because of the pushback from seasoned cruisers they walked that back and because those “in the know” complained loudly, we still can get twice a day if we wish (that was a bit of a rollout debacle as well).

Now, with the exploding number of Platinum and Diamond guests AND the expansion of FTTF, they have created another labor deficit (compounded since the elimination of many steward positions). They have tried to combat this by eliminating turn down service on embarkation day... but the overload is just too much for the smaller staff...

I firmly believe this “error” was a “trial balloon” to see how far they could press the issue to relieve the overburdened staff... just like the original “some ships have the wrong cabin survey cards which were conveniently missing the “both” box instead of just AM or PM” excuse... this was them testing the waters for such cutbacks.

There is no doubt that the sheer number of cabins that must be done for “priority” guests is outpacing the ability of staff to do it... But management needs to know that they either need to do a full overhaul of the program and perks and risk enormous backlash, OR Hire back a few stewards... they could EASILY make up the additional costs in the increase in FTTF prices without taking things away from loyal passengers.

This is WHY it is important to discuss this and make them understand we as passenger DO NOTICE! And not just accept that a corporation has our best interests in mind!!!

Edited by poz222
spelling

This is from "FASTER TO THE FUN FAQ's (Today):

FASTER TO THE FUN FAQS

Faster to the Fun is entirely optional for those who are interested in paying a little extra to receive these special benefits, which are also available on a complimentary basis to VIFP Platinum and Diamond members of our past guest recognition program. Our traditional, outstanding level of guest service in all facets of the Carnival vacation experience will continue as normal.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470/~/faster-to-the-fun-faqs

If it was removed at an earlier date, it is back now.

FASTER TO THE FUN FAQS

Faster to the Fun is entirely optional for those who are interested in paying a little extra to receive these special benefits, which are also available on a complimentary basis to VIFP Platinum and Diamond members of our past guest recognition program. Our traditional, outstanding level of guest service in all facets of the Carnival vacation experience will continue as normal.

Then why are some P/Ds sharing recent experiences that are directly opposite the above? I personally think POZ222 (post #448) has the most feasible answer.

Now.. speaking from a practical standpoint, CCL seems to be in a pickle jar of their own making regarding staff... At the behest of an extensive “shipboard labor study” by an outside consulting company, they dramatically cut back on number stewards and are actively trying to push the once a day cleaning to cover the increased workload... because of the pushback from seasoned cruisers they walked that back and because those “in the know” complained loudly, we still can get twice a day if we wish (that was a bit of a rollout debacle as well).

Now, with the exploding number of Platinum and Diamond guests AND the expansion of FTTF, they have created another labor deficit (compounded since the elimination of many steward positions). They have tried to combat this by eliminating turn down service on embarkation day... but the overload is just too much for the smaller staff...

I firmly believe this “error” was a “trial balloon” to see how far they could press the issue to relieve the overburdened staff... just like the original “some ships have the wrong cabin survey cards which were conveniently missing the “both” box instead of just AM or PM” excuse... this was them testing the waters for such cutbacks.

There is no doubt that the sheer number of cabins that must be done for “priority” guests is outpacing the ability of staff to do it... But management needs to know that they either need to do a full overhaul of the program and perks and risk enormous backlash, OR Hire back a few stewards... they could EASILY make up the additional costs in the increase in FTTF prices without taking things away from loyal passengers.

This is WHY it is important to discuss this and make them understand we as passenger DO NOTICE! And not just accept that a corporation has our best interests in mind!!!

LOL, there are so many holes here it looks like a Swiss cheese party. Which labor study was this, did you read it? Sounds ominous of the grassy knoll, Area 51, building 7.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a huge probability that the one who posted that fake image is the same person who posted the link to JH on FB. Not to kiss up but to stir the pot.

They are laughing over on the FB hate page saying how much they have done just as you say......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see from a previous post in another thread that you are still 5 cruises away from being Plat. So I can't understand your interest in this thread at all. Much less wanting the thread to be closed. I'm not trying to be nasty....I just don't understand your concern.:confused:

Then why are some P/Ds sharing recent experiences that are directly opposite the above? I personally think POZ222 (post #448) has the most feasible answer.

Oh...I agree with you. The personal experiences of those having difficulty is the basis for the concern. That's the most important element in this thread and why it is important to keep it open so others can report back with their own personal experience.

Oh...I agree with you. The personal experiences of those having difficulty is the basis for the concern. That's the most important element in this thread and why it is important to keep it open so others can report back with their own personal experience.

Very very true. Do not understand why some people want to end this discussion when more data will show what is actually going on

FASTER TO THE FUN FAQS

And there's the rub, because in another section (see below) on the Carnival site (if you search FTTF on Carnival site and read the list of what is included), you will see that it specifically indicates that all benefits EXCEPT the early room access are available to Diamond and Platinum guests. So they have contradictory info on their own site, add to that several guests are posting conflicts in person/first hand lately on the ship with their room being ready and being able to access it (Diamond and Platinum both), and it is just fueling the confusion and speculation.

Right from the Carnival site:

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags,

FTTF

luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone extension and line at Guest Services.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment:

FTTF

guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Debarkation Choices

When it’s time to say good bye, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

FASTER TO THE FUN FAQS

But consider this.... the Carnival website used to show this under FTTF (Note that it did mentioned P&D also received First Access.

faster_old.png

This is what FTTF has on the website today (note that someone either intentionally or inadvertently removed the sentence that said P&D also received this benefit).

faster_new.png

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

Very very true. Do not understand why some people want to end this discussion when more data will show what is actually going on

This thread was started based on a rumor, which has since been dispelled, that this perk was being eliminated.

Now, you're turning it into a "this is my experience" thread, which is somehow trying to substantiate the original, false claim.

In essence, you are posting things to support a lie. If you wish to continue discussing that, perhaps a thread related to your experiences is in order. And why not, when there are hundreds of Cheers!, FTTF and MDR attire threads.

But, to keep a thread open that was based on a false rumor, is a disservice to this community.

You all are better than this.

This thread was started based on a rumor, which has since been dispelled, that this perk was being eliminated.

Now, you're turning it into a "this is my experience" thread, which is somehow trying to substantiate the original, false claim.

In essence, you are posting things to support a lie. If you wish to continue discussing that, perhaps a thread related to your experiences is in order. And why not, when there are hundreds of Cheers!, FTTF and MDR attire threads.

But, to keep a thread open that was based on a false rumor, is a disservice to this community.

I don't know if you can saw it's all based on rumor, did you see my message just above yours?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55766615&postcount=457

Clearly Carnival made a change to their website regarding the First Access for P&D based on what I posted (direct from Carnival's website). I've not seen this addressed if intentional or not.

I don't know if you can saw it's all based on rumor, did you see my message just above yours?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55766615&postcount=457

Clearly Carnival made a change to their website regarding the First Access for P&D based on what I posted (direct from Carnival's website). I've not seen this addressed if intentional or not.

So what, could be a website snafu. This doesn't mean anything. The OP stated the perk had been taken away are reported on another website. This has been put to rest by Carnival.

Therefore, my opinion only, this thread is done. And most forums I know that have threads that are based on false information, have the thread closed.

I see from a previous post in another thread that you are still 5 cruises away from being Plat. So I can't understand your interest in this thread at all. Much less wanting the thread to be closed. I'm not trying to be nasty....I just don't understand your concern.:confused:

I understand, but don't think I'll see platinum status with Carnival. If by chance we do get there, it will be at least 5 years down the road. A LOT can happen between now and then.

I followed the ORIGINAL FB thread. You are wrong calling it a rumor. I am not going to recap how this all went down again. Rereading this thread and/or locating the original FB posts/pics recaps the facts of what happened. Again this all started because of actual P/D experiences, then subsequent Carnival confirmations, then JH trying to clear what Carnival employees said...not rumors. And actual REOCCURRING P/D experiences is the reason why this thread continues. The real question is: Why are you so intent on pushing a false “rumor” narrative? Because JH mistakenly called it a rumor???