No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

This thread is nothing but a false, fear mongering attempt. As the whole premise of the thread has been proven wrong, it should get yanked as soon as possible.

This thread is several weeks old and is several threads merged into one. I don't think it's going anywhere. I'm so sorry for your distress.

Edited by Thorncroft

What an incredibly snobbish and elitist thing to say.

And it certainly has been (and appears still is) a rumor that has been dispelled many time.

Now, you may go back to YOUR pom poms.

I find it interesting that you and a few others are attempting to quell free speech and discussion of a topic that you find distressing. Carnival Cruise line actions have caused this issue to be of concern to Platinum and Diamond cruisers who appreciate and actually use this benefit/perk, unlike you. If it was truly just a totally unfounded rumor it would not have been reported and experienced by many veteran cruisers. Did Carnival delay or rollback their most likely planned change? Probably. But until it becomes apparent that the early cabin access for Diamond and Platinum remains in effect this thread has great value

I find it interesting that you and a few others are attempting to quell free speech and discussion of a topic that you find distressing. Carnival Cruise line actions have caused this issue to be of concern to Platinum and Diamond cruisers who appreciate and actually use this benefit/perk, unlike you. If it was truly just a totally unfounded rumor it would not have been reported and experienced by many veteran cruisers. Did Carnival delay or rollback their most likely planned change? Probably. But until it becomes apparent that the early cabin access for Diamond and Platinum remains in effect this thread has great value

I always find it interesting when a first time poster presents a Carnival document that has been copied from the CCL website and photoshopped with false information to support any side of a cutback or conspiracy theory discussion, people accept it and do not do their own due diligence. If that is happening, how do we know that those few posters who are making statements that support any side of a cutback or conspiracy theory are disclosing accurate facts or just stirring the pot like the faked document posters. And on top of that, why do those who dislike JH automatically claim that he is spreading lies at the direction of his superiors and use that argument to pretend that his statement that it is not happening is enough proof that it really is happening. These are all classic clues that we are witnessing the "fake news" delivery of another conspiracy theory. It is always fun to see people take the position that their perception of a situation is the only right one. I know I will quickly run out of popcorn on this one.

Please be careful hopping down off the soapbox, we old timers with tons of cruises do not want you to get hurt. All this diatribe is part of what makes CC work. That said, if the sparing continues, I can safely predict one thing, this thread will go poof.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always find it interesting when a first time poster presents a Carnival document that has been copied from the CCL website and photoshopped with false information to support any side of a cutback or conspiracy theory discussion, people accept it and do not do their own due diligence. If that is happening, how do we know that those few posters who are making statements that support any side of a cutback or conspiracy theory are disclosing accurate facts or just stirring the pot like the faked document posters. And on top of that, why do those who dislike JH automatically claim that he is spreading lies at the direction of his superiors and use that argument to pretend that his statement that it is not happening is enough proof that it really is happening. These are all classic clues that we are witnessing the "fake news" delivery of another conspiracy theory. It is always fun to see people take the position that their perception of a situation is the only right one. I know I will quickly run out of popcorn on this one.
I believe the person who posted the photoshopped image isn't someone who's mad about this change (possible change) like they portray in their post. I believe it's someone who's constantly causing trouble on these boards to begin with. A rational person wouldn't take the time to photoshop a screenshot and create a new CC account. Someone wanted to stir the pot for kicks, period.

As for JH, don't you think that if he has a history of lying to customers about upcoming policies that Carnival isn't ready to make public, then that's valid reason to cast major doubt over his current claims? Boy who cried wolf syndrome. "No really folks, this time I'm telling the truth." And maybe he is this time, but there's no doubt something happened (you can refer to my last post, I'm not going to repeat everything I said). It's possible that Carnival had a change in mind, but decided to quietly back pedal. Given the history, it's also possible that the change will come some day.

As for JH, don't you think that if he has a history of lying to customers about upcoming policies that Carnival isn't ready to make public, then that's valid reason to cast major doubt over his current claims? Boy who cried wolf syndrome. "No really folks, this time I'm telling the truth." And maybe he is this time, but there's no doubt something happened (you can refer to my last post, I'm not going to repeat everything I said). It's possible that Carnival had a change in mind, but decided to quietly back pedal. Given the history, it's also possible that the change will come some day.

This would be very easyto "fix" on Carnival's part:

1st edit the FTTF toreflect that Early Access to cabins for P/D also

Also add it to theLoyalty Program listing for D/P

I am a firm believer inthe rule if it is not written down then it never happened.

Also of Mr. JH couldname the beard preferably the one in charge of the Loyalty Program that wouldbe also who verified for him that there is no change.

But if they are no willto do this the speculation and rumors are going to continue to float around thenet. This is just my .02 worth.

Please be careful hopping down off the soapbox, we old timers with tons of cruises do not want you to get hurt. All this diatribe is part of what makes CC work. That said, if the sparing continues, I can safely predict one thing, this thread will go poof.

It's a cold spring day in Texas - I agree with this post.

Personal attacks will kill this thread and until it is definitively settled by corporate, the thread continues to serve a useful purpose.

As for JH, don't you think that if he has a history of lying to customers about upcoming policies that Carnival isn't ready to make public, then that's valid reason to cast major doubt over his current claims? Boy who cried wolf syndrome. "No really folks, this time I'm telling the truth."

JH is not salaried management, rather he is a contract to contract employee and says he is happily so as he has no formal education in business. I do not think JH deliberately lies to his audience. If you asked me my opinion if he is at times used by top management for getting out the message(s) they want to send I would agree. JH gets played but that's not his fault, imo.

JH is not salaried management, rather he is a contract to contract employee and says he is happily so as he has no formal education in business. I do not think JH deliberately lies to his audience. If you asked me my opinion if he is at times used by top management for getting out the message(s) they want to send I would agree. JH gets played but that's not his fault, imo.

Interesting, how is it you know his employment status?

It's a cold spring day in Texas - I agree with this post.

Personal attacks will kill this thread and until it is definitively settled by corporate, the thread continues to serve a useful purpose.

It appears to be a cold spring most everywhere and that has a lot of us inside instead of enjoying ourselves in other ways....too much cabin fever!?! We have snow today covering our spring flowers....yikes winter will just not let go!

And you are so right about the personal attacks. We all need to ignore the soup stirrers and stay focused on working through this issue.

We are onboard Fantasy, sailing today. Boarding instructions from check in and over the speaker before boarding, were that Dia, Plat and FttF were given immediate access to cabins. There were NO signs on the doors to the cabin halls. Our cabin was ready, door closed.

We will be asking questions this week and see if there are any known changes coming, as far as access. As for Fantasy, today, all is well.

We are onboard Fantasy, sailing today. Boarding instructions from check in and over the speaker before boarding, were that Dia, Plat and FttF were given immediate access to cabins. There were NO signs on the doors to the cabin halls. Our cabin was ready, door closed.

We will be asking questions this week and see if there are any known changes coming, as far as access. As for Fantasy, today, all is well.

Thank you for coming here to share first hand knowledge. Have a fun time.

JH himself has made this loud and clear on his blog for years and again on FB. If anyone else here can verify this please share.

I believe you, just asking as I have never seen it.

Judging by the most recent first-hand accounts posted to CC lately, I feel like more P/D's are now being given early access than those who are not. Like all is normal again. But I can't help but feel like it was being considered, unintentionally got out, and they're now back-pedaling as if nothing happened.

"Move along, nothing to see here." - Yours truly, Carnival

Judging by the most recent first-hand accounts posted to CC lately, I feel like more P/D's are now being given early access than those who are not. Like all is normal again. But I can't help but feel like it was being considered, unintentionally got out, and they're now back-pedaling as if nothing happened.

You were good until you said "BUT". We know your stance and feel you were genuine in your opinion. But I feel, as others have stated, let's move forward and let this thread die.

Too much "discussion" between post 472 throuh 500 that has nohting to do with the perk going away or not.

^^^THIS^^^ And I believe that this thread and the uproar that occurred on other pages was a catalyst towards the “Carnival Moonwalk”! Which is why open, uncensored (for the most part) dialogue on sites like CC are so important.

The platinum and diamond perks have nothing to do with FTTF perks thar passengers pay for. The perks for platinum and diamond still show up in the VIFP status charts so no reason to think that is changing. I have cruised twice in the last 4 months and neither time had any issue getting into cabin immediately and getting luggage within 30 minutes of being on board. The signs were changed so that passengers who don't know that others may have early access to cabins din't just open doors and start looking for their cabins. On last cruise, during the boarding process, staff was at elevators guiding Plat/Dia/FTTF folks to two elevators that were going to all floors and all other elevators were set to only open at Lido deck. JH posted a notice from upper management today that there is no change to the current plat/Dia perks. Also for those who made comments that an unlimited number of FTTF passes are sold is very wrong. Each ship has a different number available and based on how many Dia/Plat are on the specific cruise. There are cruises where there are no FTTF passes available. Let's stop the rumors that are being spread. If you don't like the system then maybe it's time to move along to another cruiseline and see if you can have better cruise experiences. Most of us have cruised on other cruiselines and each has different issues and some have the same type issues. Life's just way too short to complain when there are alternatives available.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

I do not believe this is true. When the program was announced it was presented as a very limited number to be offered only 25 if memory serves. But as it became more popular statements about limited numbers being offered became few and far between. I was on a journey cruise where close to 50% of the ship was D & P. They still sold FTTF on this cruise.

Hmm. You do know that Carnival has a history of doing exactly what you say is false. Time will tell for sure

Yep! How many of you are still waiting to be grandfathered in to Diamond? We were promised by JH that we would be. Instead we were summarily demoted back to Platinum and had to claw our way up to Diamond. Then, once we get there it looks like they are taking away perks. I will never forget when an HR director on a ship told me that if I wanted twice a day service I should head to another cruise line. Honestly, I think some D & P made such a fuss over that one that they backpedaled from their plans to only offer once a day service to the "morning, evening or both." But, some room stewards still try to get away with only offering it once by asking, "What time do you want your cabin serviced?" They should know by now that D & P know better and won't fall for that one.

I do not believe this is true. When the program was announced it was presented as a very limited number to be offered only 25 if memory serves. But as it became more popular statements about limited numbers being offered became few and far between. I was on a journey cruise where close to 50% of the ship was D & P. They still sold FTTF on this cruise.

Well sir, you are the one that is wrong. His explanation is exactly what happened when FTTF was added, and is happening today. The number of FTTF slots available are really driven by the number of Ds and Ps on a given cruise.

Yep! How many of you are still waiting to be grandfathered in to Diamond? We were promised by JH that we would be. Instead we were summarily demoted back to Platinum and had to claw our way up to Diamond. Then, once we get there it looks like they are taking away perks. I will never forget when an HR director on a ship told me that if I wanted twice a day service I should head to another cruise line. Honestly, I think some D & P made such a fuss over that one that they backpedaled from their plans to only offer once a day service to the "morning, evening or both." But, some room stewards still try to get away with only offering it once by asking, "What time do you want your cabin serviced?" They should know by now that D & P know better and won't fall for that one.

There is and always has been a difference between cabin service and turndown service. I have been on 28 Carnival cruises, and it has been that way since I started. There never was two full cabin cleanings a day. There was a cabin cleaning and a turndown service that included turning down the bed linens, new towels if needed, filling ice bucket, and emptying the trash if it was full. During that turndown, they would clean your toilet if you messed it up too bad.

Well sir, you are the one that is wrong. His explanation is exactly what happened when FTTF was added, and is happening today. The number of FTTF slots available are really driven by the number of Ds and Ps on a given cruise.

That number ultimately is unknown (number of D and P on a cruise), so therefore if you eliminate the perk to D and P you know exactly how many FTTF you can sell and service each time.