Welcome Home/Sales Call

Came home to a voicemail from Royal Caribbean a few days ago, six days after our Harmony cruise, from a "senior cruise consultant" who was welcoming us home and inviting any feedback we have from our recent cruise. Of course, he was also available if we'd like to "begin planning your next Royal Caribbean adventure," but the tone was very nice and non-salesy.

He said he'd love to hear any stories about our recent cruise, and most interestingly, that for the next two weeks, Royal would provide us with "some of the same specials that are normally reserved for booking on board."

We haven't sailed Royal Caribbean in a few years, and this was new to us. For a long time now, we haven't felt much of a benefit to booking on board, but this struck me as a smart marketing move. Presumably, we were happy with our cruise (we were), and it was a good time to follow up. We're not ready to book another cruise right now, but kudos to Royal for a low-pressure follow-up, which really did hit a nice mix between true interest in our feedback and true desire to get more of our money!

I disagree that they have interest in your feedback. The person calling you to inquire about booking your next cruise has zero interest in your feedback other than how it will help them with booking your next cruise. These are sales professionals, they don't care about your review. It's just a sales call masquerading as a general inquiry about your feedback. I find it more insulting than anything as it's using a misleading premise to generate leads.

I disagree that they have interest in your feedback. The person calling you to inquire about booking your next cruise has zero interest in your feedback other than how it will help them with booking your next cruise. These are sales professionals, they don't care about your review. It's just a sales call masquerading as a general inquiry about your feedback. I find it more insulting than anything as it's using a misleading premise to generate leads.

(y)(y)

Wow, and I'm usually the cynic in the bunch, lol!! OBVIOUSLY, it was a sales call ... just saying it was a smart move on their part and well-received on mine! There was nothing at all misleading about it -- he was very transparent about wanting to book more business. I've had far more obnoxious sales calls than this, which was handled quite well!

Wow, and I'm usually the cynic in the bunch, lol!! OBVIOUSLY, it was a sales call ... just saying it was a smart move on their part and well-received on mine! There was nothing at all misleading about it -- he was very transparent about wanting to book more business. I've had far more obnoxious sales calls than this, which was handled quite well!

You described it as a call asking for your feedback and welcoming you home but with ulterior motives. I think that's a grimy sales tactic. Carnival was obnoxious, but at least they were very straight forward about why they were harassing me. I'd prefer none of the above, so I don't like to hear that Royal is calling, unsolicited, and disrupting people.