Hahaha. I'm a Pre-Gold Newbie! Whoop de doo!

Appreciate the review. I too am pre-gold. My 5th cruise but my first RCI in August! I'm so excited!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy. Royal knows what they are doing and they have a great product for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's some really solid info. I know a lot of reviews merely tell the complaints, but I appreciate hearing the whole story AND THEN really finding out what you enjoyed most.

Even my cruises that I enjoyed the least were still excellent vacations. Life is what you make it. You focus on having a good time and use the rest as a guide to not repeat the bad part next time.

Although, my friend's grandma wins the unluckiest cruiser ever award.

Cue sad trombone music! She gave up cruising and never did another before she passed away. THAT is an epically bad cruise history!!!!

I’m sorry she had a pair of bad experiences but as Biker hinted, there is always the risk of problems up to and including full blown disaster. Even if we all just stayed home a plane could crash on your house so life does not come with absolute guarantees.

Mostly I too believe in making the choice to enjoy life. The masochist in me sometimes enjoys the stuff that goes wrong just as much as the perfect stuff. My mom and I rented a car for the day in St Thomas on our Celebrity cruise in 2001. Even though we kept going in circles, couldn’t figure out how to get to most of the places we were looking for, and my driving up and down the hills made Mom carsick, she frequently mentions it as one of her all time favorite travel experiences. It was not what we expected but we didn’t get in any accidents or miss the ship, and we had fun anyway!

I frankly hate reading people’s ranting complaints even if they are legitimate. So I try to keep mine to a minimum.

I should mention my husband had a good experience with his refreshment package which included coffee drinks at promenade cafe (which is closed for cleaning on debarkation day). The afternoon male barista (baristo?) explained the 24 hour service but that the 2-5:30 am crew didn’t know how to run the machines. They learned for my husband who showed up before 5 each morning.

I would say he got his money’s worth but really we would have been okay without the package. Ice tea and flavored water were available all over the ship and regular coffee was usually available. The tap water in our room seemed fine.