High Priced Flights

LuckyStar

Another SW out of BWI person who booked this morning! $270 + 8,000 in points got us BWI-SJU, SJU-FLL, and RSW-BWI for the December holidays! The in-laws live in Ft Myers, so we try to stop in for a couple days at Christmas. A fly-by, if you will, since we head to the Caribbean the week before Christmas and are often heading back north around the 23rd.

I see you haven't posted since last month but just wanted to say Thank you for posting this info.

I never considered flying from BWI until I saw your post. Southwest just opened bookings today for December when we are going and got flights for $122 each way about 1/2 of what it would cost on AA out of Philly.

Bill

Yayyy! I’m so glad my post was able to help someone! Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you, thank you , and thank you!

Bill

I've learned that what we say, what we contribute always helps someone either positively or negatively. However, must positive messages never get replied to or conferred to the giver of info. We will rise up and talk about the negative, the stuff we don't agree with.

Ramona

Just bought a one way, San Juan to Houston for January 17, 2019, $193. Will be on the Disney Wonder repositioning from Galveston that gets into San Juan on the 13th. We're going to stay for a few days as we have never been to Puerto Rico.

as soon as southwest opens their flights for the dates you choose, the other airlines will drop.

I don't usually fly SW but I am certainly going to price them. Prices have dropped in January to about $400 per person. If I were willing to fly red eye, I could get $305 pp.

Get the app ( IOS and Android) Hopper. It tracks flight costs, demand, etc. Using past history, it will show you the historical costs (Low, Med. High) by color codes and let you know if the price is likely to go up, down or remain the same.

Set up the app with your info, enter your fly dates and then it will track pricing.

Ramona

Great idea for the app...BTW, I LOVED Ramona. I heard recently that Beverly Cleary is still alive and recently had her 102 birthday. Loved all her books.