Copenhagen Netto Canal Tour and Little Mermaid

My Rick Steves book says that the Netto Canal Tour boats often make two stops where passengers can get off, then hop back on a later boat; at the bridge near The Little Mermaid, and at the Langebro bridge near Danhostel. He says that not every boat makes these stops and to check the clock on the bridges for the next departure time.

Does anybody have any experience taking this tour? I couldn't find anything on their website that would indicate this is the case. Seems like it would be a good way to see The Little Mermaid since it is a bit further out than most of the other sites we would want to see. But I would want to actually get off the boat to see it; not just sail past it. I know that some people say it's not a big deal, but I kind of like seeing things that a city is famous for - even if it is kind of cheesy :D

My Rick Steves book says that the Netto Canal Tour boats often make two stops where passengers can get off, then hop back on a later boat; at the bridge near The Little Mermaid, and at the Langebro bridge near Danhostel. He says that not every boat makes these stops and to check the clock on the bridges for the next departure time.

Does anybody have any experience taking this tour? I couldn't find anything on their website that would indicate this is the case. Seems like it would be a good way to see The Little Mermaid since it is a bit further out than most of the other sites we would want to see. But I would want to actually get off the boat to see it; not just sail past it. I know that some people say it's not a big deal, but I kind of like seeing things that a city is famous for - even if it is kind of cheesy :D

We used Netto - Badene (from Nyhavn) several years ago. As I recall, our boat did not stop for hop offs. However, Netto has a contact page on their website - why don't you shoot them a message?

https://www.havnerundfart.dk/canaltours/index.php?page=kontakt.php

Do you have more than a day in Copenhagen? (Is it your embarkation/disembarkation point?)

We were still dealing with jetlag our second day in Copenhagen and woke up early enough to enjoy a nice walk from the Gefion fountain through the Kastellet fortress and around the ramparts to the Little Mermaid when there was no else there. (We arrived at the Little Mermaid around 8 am.) My kids climbed all around the rocks and we got some great photos. We were just leaving when the large buses started pulling up. I do recommend an early morning stroll if you have the time.

ETA: Note that on the canal boat tours, you only see the back of the Little Mermaid. And you're at quite a distance from quite a small statue.

We were also on a tour boat that did not stop to let people on and off. As has been mentioned, there must be a different type of canal cruise that allows this. There are at least a couple of tour boats in the Nyhavn section.

Cheers

Len

We used Netto - Badene (from Nyhavn) several years ago. As I recall, our boat did not stop for hop offs. However, Netto has a contact page on their website - why don't you shoot them a message?

https://www.havnerundfart.dk/canaltours/index.php?page=kontakt.php

Sent them a message and this was their reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.

That information is correct. You are welcome to disembark at The Little Mermaid. You are also most welcome to rejoin the next tour passing by, but they only make the stop if they have seats left so you are not guaranteed a seat on any future departure, after disembarking. Our crew generally do their best to communicate to ensure that we pick up as many as possible but especially during our busy summer days, it is highly unlikely for the boats to have available seats.

Sent them a message and this was their reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.

That information is correct. You are welcome to disembark at The Little Mermaid. You are also most welcome to rejoin the next tour passing by, but they only make the stop if they have seats left so you are not guaranteed a seat on any future departure, after disembarking. Our crew generally do their best to communicate to ensure that we pick up as many as possible but especially during our busy summer days, it is highly unlikely for the boats to have available seats.

Good to know.