Airfares - Can I just say WTHeck?!?!

roberooski

Flying the 14th and the 23rd, the price is $435 per person. The return flight is at 7:40 in the morning. There is no flight on the 22nd so now you have two nights hotel. You are flying into an airport that is about 30 miles north of the highway that takes you East to the coast. Personally, I don't see it as a great option.

If you look at one way fares that may help also...

Who asked you Jcanino?

If you look at one way fares that may help also...

Funny, but I don't recall anyone specifically asking you either! This is a forum where anyone can post a response at any time. If you don't like it, too bad.

Funny, but I don't recall anyone specifically asking you either! This is a forum where anyone can post a response at any time. If you don't like it, too bad.

As to the proximity of the airport (Sanford)it's as close as can be to Orlando without going to Tampa or Melbourne.

At least I didn't put down anyone's suggestions- funny that I am providing amusement for some of you....

He wasn't putting down your suggestion. He was just pointing out the inherent problems with it in regards to the OP's situation. Maybe your solution will work for somebody else but it won't help the OP since it requires them to spend extra money to stay two extra nights.

And you're the one who questioned why somebody else was answering on this thread.

There's another problem with using Allegiant out of Worcester. They only have one flight per day on the days that they do fly, and there are currently no other airlines serving Worcester. If the flight gets cancelled, you won't get out of that airport.

As a TA, I would never recommend doing this.

I know, nobody asked me either ;)

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I just want to say thank you for all your replies. We are looking for flights for a family of four from either St louis or Kansas City to Miami on March 24 returning April 1st. I am also frustrated by the fares and was looking for any insight or hope for those cheaper fares. I appreciate that there are so many helpful people!! By the way, I also like mobissimo.com to search for fares...very similar to kayak but sometimes comes up with other options.

We're leaving on the Glory in 4/15/06. Yep, you guessed it...School Vacation Week AND Easter weekend. Double Whammy.

We "planned" on flying JetBlue with their great airfares to Orlando, so we didn't use Carnival's airfare (yeah, but I have never done this before either - to save money and have control!). The airfares are OUT OF CONTROL!! We're actually flying in a day early and staying in Orlando.

We live in Boston not near Manchester, NH or Providence, RI, so Southwest is out of the question....and the hassle of going that route is not worth saving the money.

But still.....PLEASE tell me that the airfares will likely come down. <sigh>

:confused:

Roberooski

More likely to go up than down.

We booked a really cheap flight out of Dulles in Washington DC through Independence air for our cruise in January. We booked the flight in October. I checked last week and the return flight home was rescheduled for earlier in the day with no later flights out that same day. We did not want to stay another night in Tampa and so I had to rebook through another airline. It ended up costing an additional $300.00 for us. I was furious. Just because it is cheap, doesn't make it good.

--Really Angry Still--

Jesse

Aren't you glad you rebooked since Independance is now gone.

Archived