Miami Airport Hotels Blue Lagoon

MTJZ

Can anyone give me feedback on any of the hotels in the blue lagoon area I'm looking at booking Homewood Suites or the Hampton Inn

I’m booked at both for my upcoming cruise. I’m not going until October though. I haven’t stayed at either one but the reviews are really good. I’ve watched videos on YouTube that other cruisers have posted and both of them seem good for a goodnight sleep before the cruise but not much nightlife. If you want nightlife I’d say look in the Brickell/Downtown area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've stayed at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon a few times, but our most recent stay was in later 2016. Our go to choice if arriving late into MIA. Very nice hotel, large & comfortable rooms, small pool, good breakfast and about a 10 min walk from the local strip mall with drug, grocery and liquor stores for your cruise supplies. :D Fast food and sit down dining options are in the strip mall; 94th Aero Squadron is another option, a few blocks back toward MIA.

Hampton Inn is across the street from the strip mall. Taxi to POM should be about $30+ or you can Uber for under $20.

Even though the reviews are not great on TripAdvisor, we are choosing the big Hilton Blue Lagoon. "Dated" does not bother me as long as it's clean, and I like the balconies, more facilities especially a restaurant on-site since we'll be there on a weekend and the Homewood and Hampton Inn do not offer evening meals (we don't want to travel for dinner), PLUS, it is cheaper for our dates than either the Homewood or Hampton. We also get free breakfast at Hiltons.

Thanks for the info can you tell me the cost per night.

Better yet, why not plug your dates and number staying into the Hilton web site or your favorite travel web site -- rates for other guests on other dates are meaningless to you.

I should have said anyone that has stayed at the Homewood Suites or the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon in the month of March I called the hotel direct there pricing for next march and they're quoting about 250.00 US per night

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

March 2018 is almost gone - are you looking for March 2019? :confused:

If you can figure out Cruise Critic why can't you plug your dates into the Hilton web site? :confused:

Looking at Friday March 30th on the Hilton app on my phone I can see the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon for $204, the Hilton Blue Lagoon for $222, the Homewood Suites is sold out, and a great hotel in a great location is the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove (a very fun, upscale part of Miami).

I should have said anyone that has stayed at the Homewood Suites or the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon in the month of March I called the hotel direct there pricing for next march and they're quoting about 250.00 US per night

Umm if the hotel told you how much it is why are you asking us? I’m guessing the hotel would know how much they charge.

They said the rates are high because we are so far out what I am wondering is if anybody has stayed there in the month of March 2018 for a guesstimate and what their prices were we usually stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami but there rates are 250.00 to 300.00 per night

March of 2018 will not be the same as March of 2019 nor were they the same as March of 2017. Prices fluctuate, based not only on time of year, but any special events happening and even just simply on sales - if things are booking well they raise the prices, if things are lagging they lower them.

Hilton posts (most) rates starting a year out, so right now you can book through March 23, 2019 but the prices do look high for the hotels that have posted rates (many have not - many say "sold out" but that just means they haven't been posted yet). Just keep watching and when it comes to a good level for you, reserve it at a refundable rate and keep watching for the next year.

You cannot book flights this early for March 2019 -- they will not become available until April or later - so why focus on an airport area hotel? :confused: I would only choose a hotel near the airport if my flight was arriving late and I just wanted a bed for the night.

Wait until you book your flights - you might choose to fly into FLL instead of MIA - and then find a hotel that meets your needs/budget. I would try to arrive early enough to stay downtown and get to enjoy some of the day and see Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Any opinions on Cambria Suites Blue Lagoon? Reviews seem to say it's a pretty new hotel and I'm looking at a good rate for Sept 2018.

I have also been looking at Embassy Suites MIA where I stayed last year but the reviews seem pretty bad lately and Crown Plaza which looks ok but then after seeing this thread started looking at Blue Lagoon area.

Thoughts?

Any opinions on Cambria Suites Blue Lagoon? Reviews seem to say it's a pretty new hotel and I'm looking at a good rate for Sept 2018.

I have also been looking at Embassy Suites MIA where I stayed last year but the reviews seem pretty bad lately and Crown Plaza which looks ok but then after seeing this thread started looking at Blue Lagoon area.

Thoughts?

I’ve stayed at a cambria property but it was in fll. It was very nice. Breakfast was the usual. Rooms were nice and spacious. Property was very well maintained.

• 1 month later...
Even though the reviews are not great on TripAdvisor, we are choosing the big Hilton Blue Lagoon. "Dated" does not bother me as long as it's clean, and I like the balconies, more facilities especially a restaurant on-site since we'll be there on a weekend and the Homewood and Hampton Inn do not offer evening meals (we don't want to travel for dinner), PLUS, it is cheaper for our dates than either the Homewood or Hampton. We also get free breakfast at Hiltons.

Hello. Can I ask how you found Miami Hilton Blue Lagoon? We have it booked for one night post cruise. How is the restaurant there? Can you spend the full day at the hotel or do you need to find other things to do?