Allure- hacks for shelves in cabinets and closet

Looking for hacks for upcoming Allure cruise. So few drawers! The shelves in closets- I saw mentioned that some bring foldable bins to help with storage. Does anyone know the dimensions of those shelves, so could buy bins? Anyone have a different, creative way to keep items from falling off those shelves other than bins? I suppose they would not look kindly on duct tape on the front.

The shelves - in shallow cabinet on the other side of desk. Shelves are placed too far apart and are not deep enough for much.So much wasted space. Anyone come up with a good hack to divide shelves so can store more on them.so much happier when things are put away. Last cruise, an assistant steward who did not speak English threw away items that he did not understand what they where despite being in large ziplock bags and clearly labeled. So am cautious and thinking ahead. Never cruised with so few drawers. Thank heavens for under the bed space that luggage can fit into.

Not sure how many people you have in your cabin but have found storage to be ample for two people. Not sure why things would fall off shelves in closet. Never had a problem.

I put some clothing, such as underwear, socks, in large 2 gallon Ziplocks and then put the entire bag in a drawer in vanity area.

I also take a small canvas collapsible basket for bathroom under sink shelf to use for combs, brushes, miscellaneous toiletries.

Not a fan of over the door organizers (like shoe organizers) as I have never found them necessary, but some people swear by them.

Here my hack, I'm a neat freak especially in small spaces. So I use a $1 plastic shoebox as my "bathroom box". It holds my makeup, round brush, any hair products. I get that box out when I get ready at the desk then put everything back in the box and store it on a lower shelf in the bathroom. Everything out of sight, zero bathroom clutter! I also use an over the door shoe rack but not so much for storage- I also find there is plenty. But I'm an early riser and the DH loves to sleep in. With the shoe holder over the inside of the bathroom door, I store all the stuff I will need for my early cabin Escape. Sunscreen, ball cap, sun glasses, the book I'm reading, flip flops, etc. so I don't need to shuffle around the room getting myself out the door. It works for us! Enjoy!!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use packing cubes for underwear, tee shirts, electrical, etc. Anything that I don't hang up stays in the packing cube, either on one of the shelves or in a drawer. You can stack 2 or 3 packing cubes on one shelf and just pull out the one you need each time. I use different color ones for DH so I'm not grabbing his stuff. As for bathroom stuff, DH has a toiletry kit that hangs on a hook on the door and I stow everything in mine and put it under the counter when I'm not using it.

Yes, we use toiletry kits from llbean that have a hook built in. You can probably get them in other stores or on-line.

Doesn't Allure have storeage behind the glass in the corner in the bathroom. We keep deodorant, tootpaste, tooth brushes and other small toiletries there.

Thanks for tips. We do have a lot of extra medical stuff that cannot lose and needs to stay organized. Those open bedside tables are useless and getting under the bed into suitcases is harder as you get older.We lose some of the bathroom storage (under sink) in an accessible cabin though it is larger. Having items that were in a 3 gallon ziplock bag 14 of the exact same item and bag well marked thrown out could have been a catastrophe if not an item medical had in stock to replace. This served as a warning to us. Since it is obvious we will have less drawer space than did on that prior cruise, preparing ahead of time.

Like someone else mentioned we use packing cubes. We have different colors for each member of our family. Last cruise we used them for our underwear & small clothing items. Also, we used them for pretty much all of my son's clothing since it is too small to hang up on adult hangers. Each person got their own shelf, so it was fairly easy to keep track of.

Thanks for tips. We do have a lot of extra medical stuff that cannot lose and needs to stay organized. Those open bedside tables are useless and getting under the bed into suitcases is harder as you get older.We lose some of the bathroom storage (under sink) in an accessible cabin though it is larger. Having items that were in a 3 gallon ziplock bag 14 of the exact same item and bag well marked thrown out could have been a catastrophe if not an item medical had in stock to replace. This served as a warning to us. Since it is obvious we will have less drawer space than did on that prior cruise, preparing ahead of time.

Obviously your situation with medical necessities is a little different. Have you considered a rolling tote like crafters use for your supplies? There are numerous styles with pockets, compartments, drawers, etc., some visiting nurses use them or similar. That way all your important medical stuff could be securely and neatly organized without unpacking. Just keep the bag in a corner and use as needed.