Dining on Anthem - 3/17-3/24

vase

We chose My Time dining when we made our reservations and thought it was strange that we were supposed to make reservations ahead of time for each night. It really wasn't necessary. The second night, we were seated at different restaurant (they all serve the same food), loved the waitstaff and from then on we requested the same table. It was always ready for us. We varied our dinner time each night between 6:30 - 7:30 - never at our original reservation time of 8 pm. The menu and quality of food in the MDR was okay - always found something we liked but I can't say it was excellent. The Windjammer was ridiculously crowded at times..not just on embarkation day. We were able to do the Chef's Table one night and if you like wine and food pairing, I highly recommend it. Next time, we will definitely spend the extra amount for specialty dining and maybe even the utimate dining package.

We chose My Time dining when we made our reservations and thought it was strange that we were supposed to make reservations ahead of time for each night. It really wasn't necessary. The second night, we were seated at different restaurant (they all serve the same food), loved the waitstaff and from then on we requested the same table. It was always ready for us. We varied our dinner time each night between 6:30 - 7:30 - never at our original reservation time of 8 pm. The menu and quality of food in the MDR was okay - always found something we liked but I can't say it was excellent. The Windjammer was ridiculously crowded at times..not just on embarkation day. We were able to do the Chef's Table one night and if you like wine and food pairing, I highly recommend it. Next time, we will definitely spend the extra amount for specialty dining and maybe even the utimate dining package.

Was Windjammer very crowded at dinner too?

We didn't eat dinner at the Windjammer but I would imagine it wasn't. I think most people had dinner in the MDRs and Specialty Restaurants. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

No problem, I appreciate the info.:)

No problem, I appreciate the info.:)

We have eaten in the WJ for dinner at least a couple of nights on each of our 3 Anthem sailings. It is busy and can be crowded because they try to limit how many sections of seating are open. They tend to open more seating as the week goes by and they realize there are more eating there each night.

The WJ has been crowded. I have found more people are heading up there instead of the MDR, including me a few nights a cruise, and I never ate dinner in the WJ. On Anthem there are just so many things to chose from in the WJ, and tons of different desserts.

The WJ has been crowded. I have found more people are heading up there instead of the MDR, including me a few nights a cruise, and I never ate dinner in the WJ. On Anthem there are just so many things to chose from in the WJ, and tons of different desserts.

We've been doing WJ more and more too. We went to the MDR once last week on Adventure. Just not finding the food and experience worth our time there anymore.

We didn't eat dinner at the Windjammer but I would imagine it wasn't. I think most people had dinner in the MDRs and Specialty Restaurants. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Did you try the Tutti salad bar in the MDR on sea days. If so, did they have the wonderful dessert table as you enter the Grande with the chocolate fountain to dip fruits & topping for ice cream.

We were on the same cruise...we ate in the Windjammer the second formal night because we didn't feel like changing! It wasn't crowded at all while we were there.

We were on the same cruise...we ate in the Windjammer the second formal night because we didn't feel like changing! It wasn't crowded at all while we were there.

Maybe formal nights are the best times to go to the Windjammer for dinner. Our dining room was more crowded on those 2 nights.

Just curious what you thought of the crew on the ship. I was expecting over-the-top friendliness. While this was true at dinner, the "washy-washy" guy at the windjammer, and the bartenders at the schooner bar, we didn't experience it with any consistency elsewhere on the ship.

Did you try the Tutti salad bar in the MDR on sea days. If so, did they have the wonderful dessert table as you enter the Grande with the chocolate fountain to dip fruits & topping for ice cream.

We were onboard and saw the dessert table in Grande. WTG Anthem! This makes up for the mediocre turkey club I had for lunch.

Thanks for the info.

We were on that cruise and still here with a B2B. Hate the crowds in the WJ but love the Grand for lunch. They have a lunch menu to choose from, a buffet of foods, and the tutti salad bar. They have amazing desert tables complete with chocolate fountains,

I love the tutti salad bar. I can't wait to see the dessert table. After my first experience was the tutti salad bar I got home and I have all of my salads chopped. My husband could never understand where I got that crazy idea from. He's finally going to cruise with me next year and I can introduce him to that wonderful concept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app