Maya Chan Question

Pepsigirls

IMO, it depends on what you want and the approximate cost of alternatives.

You'll most likely arrive at Maya Chan around 8:30A, given time for ship to clear port customs and you to debark and make your way to the taxi stand and then travel to MC.

If ship leaves at 2P, you'll need to be back on board at 1:30P so need to leave MC around 12:45P. 4 hours at MC.

Add up the cost to head to the malecon to a non-AI (Krazy Lobster, Tropicante, Pez Quadro, Blue Kay--take a taxi not the tram--et.al.). Better service , better food, better drinks at these places than some of the other places along the malecon. Blue kay has been a bit less crowded and away from the main strip of clubs, but growing in popularity.

You could be there by 8A. And head back at 1P. PAYGO with probably a minimum requested of $10 spending, easy to do. Drinks and food are inexpensive. so say even $40 total for 2. Tram/taxi RT is $5 pp. so $60+, if that for 2. Extra half hour to1 hour.

We are a big fan of Maya Chan, and we would go, even with the short time in port. It is just such a nice place with impeccable service.

That said, crewsweeper provides an excellent analysis of how you can go somewhere closer and get more time on the beach for less money. We would still do Maya Chan, but we can see how others would choose the better value with such a short time in port.

I am doing this in July with a 15 yr old and 13 yr old. It is a short amount of time but I like knowing I am specifically meeting someone to pick us up and will make sure we get back to the ship on time. I can't stay in the sun for long amounts of time and the girls love the sun. I like knowing I will have a shady place and not have to look for one and they can be in the sun. I tend to spend time panicking about not getting back to the ship on time even though it has never happened. Maya Chan looks fun for the girls and peaceful for me.

First and foremost I would check if that is ship time, or local time in port. Costa maya is on EST year round. If you have been in touch with Maya Chan they should be able to tell you.

I don’t know if they alter lunch time for different schedules but i can tell you that on my last visit lunch would have been very rushed with those hours.

Personally I am with Crew and would just go to somewhere on the malecón with those hours.