Carnival Breeze

Bobcatpt

We have previously sailed on Disney and RC. We are thinking of sailing on the Carnivals Breeze at the end of June. We will be sailing with a 3 and 12 year old. My questions are 1) Does the Breeze have the reputation of being a big “frat party” like I have read about other Carnival Cruises?? 2) Are we going to be disappointed going from Disney and RC to Carnival??

Thanks for any advice

I too would ask about the ship on the Carnival Board.

With that said in terms of this cruise the key is do not compare the lines if you choose to be on this sailing because yes it will be quite different then Disney and also different then RCI.

Keith

2) Are we going to be disappointed going from Disney and RC to Carnival??

I have not been on Disney and do not have young ones.

I have not seen on either cruise line an extreme Party atmosphere.. but I do not hang around the Lido pool area.

Carnival and RC are similar, with some of the same kinds of "party" things going on... deck parties, contests like the Hairy leg or hairy chest, etc.

Breeze has a great water feature area for the young ones

Have heard lots of positive things regarding the Children's programs.

Carnival has Doctor Seuss characters on the ship for interaction and photos.

We have been on 84 Carnival cruises (and other cruise line ships too, including 5 lines that no longer exist). Carnival has become a family cruise ship. I don't remember the last time I saw a drunk person on any Carnival ship, it is no longer a 'party ship'.

And it is known for its children's program. There is a Dr. Seuss parade led by the Cat In The Hat! with all the kids in it. They parade around the ship.

Don't hesitate to try the Breeze, you will enjoy it!

The Breeze is a pretty and modern ship. It is not a frat type environment, although there are usually a few who over drink, but that can happen on any cruise. It does have a good children's club and the waterpark is very nice. That said, the places where I believe you will be disappointed is the food and entertainment. They changed it last year and it went from consistently good to just not good at all. In fact my husband and I wound up eating all of our dinners in the steak house after 2 tries in the MDR resulted in major fails. Also the breakfast in the buffet is limited (no fruit, not much selection at all), so we wound up eating all breakfasts in the MDR. In terms of entertainment you may also be disappointed as it is mostly adult fare such as comedians who work blue - not appropriate for children at all.

IMO, you would be better off trying NCL Epic, Getaway, Breakaway or Escape which are direct competitors to RCCL Oasis class ships.