Taxi to Blue Kay - What's the best way?

attran99

We'll be traveling to Blue Kay soon. What's the best way to get a taxi to Blue Kay from the Carnival dock/terminal? I've seen reviews saying to skip the trolleys because they make other stops. I've seen reviews making other suggestions. I'd like to know how to best get there...being budget efficient would be an added bonus!

Thanks!

There are only two options (well, three with walking, which is also a possibility) trolley from port exit or, taxi from taxi stand a little way up the road outside the port on the right-hand side. ( Not just the end of the shopping area but actually outside the port gate.)

There is only $1 pp difference between modes of transport. Walking of course is free, but probably not worth the time or effort in the heat, unless you are really into walking!

IMO, Taxi is the best. It's not a far walk out of the port. In fact further from end of pier through shopping complex to get to the parking lot. Blue Kay has it's own separate entrance which taxis enter but tram does not.

For the tram/trolley, you get off at their first stop, Tequila Beach, and then head to your left facing the water.

Probably the distance across the parking lot at the port and then a short walk to the taxi stand is about the same as the walk from Tequila Beach to Blue Kay.

After going through the maze of the port, keep following the signs for the trolley. Once you get there, go past those and out the port gate. About 50 yards up the road there will be taxis. They are cheap and fast... We paid $2/pp to go to Tropicante.

• 2 weeks later...

The taxis were indeed more efficient than the trolley. You literally have to walk through the port area maze.

However, getting directions to the taxi stand from the dock was a bit hard to attain. We ran into folks trying to get us to go to their all-inclusive resort for a shortened Costa Maya day (totally not worth it for our group), and when we declined they got all huffy and refused to answer my question of where the taxi stand was. Pretty petty, in my opinion. But whatever...we still had a good time at Blue Kay.