14 day cruise Seaside - Miami port day

EssG

Does anyone who have done a B2B (or as in our case a cruise that sold as a 15day/14 nigh) out of Miami on the Seaside know what time you have to be back on board on the mid cruise Miami Port day, as we are trying to plan our day out..... I know embarking passengers have to be onboard 2 hrs before 1900 departure, but presume that is cause they have to do the muster.

Is it the same as for the other ports where you just have to be back onboard before the ship leave?

Thanks

Is it not better to ask MSC while you are on board????

Just trying to plan our day Riclop .....Once we are onboard we wont have the same ability, as now, to do searched and prebook stuff....If no one else has done it and knows I will just have to wait till I am aboard :)

You'll need to allow time to clear US immigration when reboarding the ship so I'd not leave reboarding until the last minute.

Yea CruisingFox27 ....we usually give ourselves at least 1/2hr before departure time at any port we disembark for the day...With this one we just need to know what the return to Ship time is from someone that has done a B2B and went out for the day, so we can make our arrangements to ensure we have enough time to clear any official requirements and be back on board with time to spare.

Edited by EssG

Yea CruisingFox27 ....we usually give ourselves at least 1/2hr before departure time at any port we disembark for the day...With this one we just need to know what the return to Ship time is from someone that has done a B2B and went out for the day, so we can make our arrangements to ensure we have enough time to clear any official requirements and be back on board with time to spare.

Good day- Happy Easter - I will respond back to you with my experience as i was just on a back-to-back

you do need to be back on board atleast 1/2 hour before, but do to Miami traffic, i would aim to be back around 90 minutes prior - when we were going back to ship, there was an accident on the highway and i would say there was about a 5 mile back up - so you should allow sometime for things beyond your control.

If you are on a back-to-back with the same cabin number, you do NOT need to go the the Emergency Life Jacket boat drill again, however, if you needed to change cabins, you DO need to attend.

You can disembark the ship at anytime you wish, but do remember that you must clear thru US Immigration/Customs - therefore my suggestion to max out your time is to do a walk off first thing in the morning or wait until they disembark the b2b passengers as a group - this way there will be minimal to no lines to have - we made this mistake by getting off in the middle of disembarkation and got caught up on a 30 minute line...

what are your plans for the day - any of the car rental companies will pick you up at the cruise terminal and take you to their depot - or the other option depending where you are going is to use Uber - it is very convenient and economical - this is what we did and went to Bayside Market Place for the day - again what you are planning to do may depend on the weather as well.

I hope i gave you the real answers you were seeking....

Oh, and the person enquiring about hurricane damage (this should have been started on a new thread IMO), however there will be little to no impact on your visit to the Islands so I would not worry - we just returned - some beaches still may be closed but really you will not see anything that will disrupt your visit - so enjoy - the ship is not going to take you to ports that are not ready to receive passengers - The islands more than ever need your $$ -

The only issue with waiting for the b2b people who are just doing immigration is you can't predict what time you'll be off the ship. The b2b passengers can't disembark and proceed through immigration until all of the disembarking passengers are off the ship. On our b2b we had to wait around in the lounge for over an hour as some disembarking passengers hadn't done so on time.

Good day- Happy Easter - I will respond back to you with my experience as i was just on a back-to-back

you do need to be back on board atleast 1/2 hour before, but do to Miami traffic, i would aim to be back around 90 minutes prior - when we were going back to ship, there was an accident on the highway and i would say there was about a 5 mile back up - so you should allow sometime for things beyond your control.

If you are on a back-to-back with the same cabin number, you do NOT need to go the the Emergency Life Jacket boat drill again, however, if you needed to change cabins, you DO need to attend.

You can disembark the ship at anytime you wish, but do remember that you must clear thru US Immigration/Customs - therefore my suggestion to max out your time is to do a walk off first thing in the morning or wait until they disembark the b2b passengers as a group - this way there will be minimal to no lines to have - we made this mistake by getting off in the middle of disembarkation and got caught up on a 30 minute line...

what are your plans for the day - any of the car rental companies will pick you up at the cruise terminal and take you to their depot - or the other option depending where you are going is to use Uber - it is very convenient and economical - this is what we did and went to Bayside Market Place for the day - again what you are planning to do may depend on the weather as well.

I hope i gave you the real answers you were seeking....

Oh, and the person enquiring about hurricane damage (this should have been started on a new thread IMO), however there will be little to no impact on your visit to the Islands so I would not worry - we just returned - some beaches still may be closed but really you will not see anything that will disrupt your visit - so enjoy - the ship is not going to take you to ports that are not ready to receive passengers - The islands more than ever need your $$ -

Thanks so much for your help Marcoigna ...... this was real helpful. We are actually on a 15day/14 night, as the cruise was sold as a single cruise, not a B2B, so we will be in the same cabin. Our plans was to have a early breakfast and then walk off, heading by foot to Bayside Markets to explore . From there take the Yellow Water Taxi across to Miami Beach to look around South Pointe Park , fish from the Pier and then hire a citibike to explore South Beach.

It was the return from South Beach that is dependent on what time we have to be back: w e can either buy a round trip on the water taxi and then walk back up from Bayside Markets to the ship (which would also eliminate the worry of traffic issues) , or of we had less time get a taxi back from South Beach to the ship at what ever time we chose.

From your info it seems like we are going to be able to take the water taxi round trip and get the 4:15 back from South Beach, reaching Bayside by 5 and then a 20-30 min walk back to the port :)

[quote name=EssG;55721270.

From your info it seems like we are going to be able to take the water taxi round trip and get the 4:15 back from South Beach' date=' reaching Bayside by 5 and then a 20-30 min walk back to the port :)[/quote]

Good day. Trust me this is not walkable. Take a taxi or uber. Very easy from bayside. The cabs/uber utilize a runnel to ship. Hope this helps but seems you have an awesome day planned. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good day. Trust me this is not walkable. Take a taxi or uber. Very easy from bayside. The cabs/uber utilize a runnel to ship. Hope this helps but seems you have an awesome day planned. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had been assured on the Miami Tripadvisor forum that it is walkable Marcoigna :( We love to walk as you see so much more and after all the eating on the Ship you need the exerciser so really hope we can