Dumb Question about Crown and Anchor....

I did try to research this but didn't have any luck. I booked an Oceanview for a NE/Canada cruise in September and stupidly did a No Refund price. All paid for, and now, after returning from a balcony cabin on the Anthem I thought it might be nice to switch to a balcony. My question - I know this would mean cancelling the cruise and rebooking (and eating the penalty of course). Is this something that I would contact Crown and Anchor for or would I just do the regular RCI folks?

Thanks! And I guess I'll skip the "No Refund" price from here on..!

I did try to research this but didn't have any luck. I booked an Oceanview for a NE/Canada cruise in September and stupidly did a No Refund price. All paid for, and now, after returning from a balcony cabin on the Anthem I thought it might be nice to switch to a balcony. My question - I know this would mean cancelling the cruise and rebooking (and eating the penalty of course). Is this something that I would contact Crown and Anchor for or would I just do the regular RCI folks?

If you are not changing ship or sailing date, there should be no penalty and no reason to cancel and rebook.

I think the regular line would be able to help you just fine but I guess either would work. I might be wrong but it is my understanding that you won't be penalized if you are upgrading to a more expensive cabin within the same ship and sailing - doesn't hurt to ask anyway. :)

As others have said, no penalty for upgrading your cabin if you’re on the same sailing. You might lose any OBC or other incentives present when you booked initially, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies! With this new non-refundable price I wasn’t sure if it held for upgrades or just change of date/ship. And even though I’m Platinum, I still haven’t quite figured out what I’d use Crown and Anchor for. Besides the balcony discount. [emoji38] Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the replies! With this new non-refundable price I wasn’t sure if it held for upgrades or just change of date/ship. And even though I’m Platinum, I still haven’t quite figured out what I’d use Crown and Anchor for. Besides the balcony discount. [emoji38] Thanks again!

Robes and an internet discount are part of the Platinum perks.

Is the internet discount off of the Voom package? I’m Platinum (first cruise at this level) also and would like more info please. TIA.

Platinum level gets 15% off any package purchased onboard.

Platinum level gets 15% off any package purchased onboard.

Thanks Bob. One more question: Is the only internet package sold onboard the Voom or are there others offered if I don’t want or need it for the entire week?

Thanks Bob. One more question: Is the only internet package sold onboard the Voom or are there others offered if I don’t want or need it for the entire week?

VOOM is the name given to Royal's internet service, so however much you purchase, it's still called VOOM.

Onboard prices:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105