Complimentary Ice Cream

emam

While the pizza will remain free, I doubt very much that P&O will give free ice cream away (even if it is only the milk and water variety) as I suspect they make a few thousand pounds from this every week.

Carte D'or ice cream is usually available free during kids tea on a weekend, though this is only available for kids and their families (unless you are brave enough to face the pudding police on the gate)

Celebrity offer free ice cream all day, from an Italian style Gelateria in the buffet area. Choice of over a dozen flavours plus toppings. Very popular, especially with the children. Maybe P&O are playing catch up, like they did with the beer bars.

Celebrity offer free ice cream all day, from an Italian style Gelateria in the buffet area. Choice of over a dozen flavours plus toppings. Very popular, especially with the children. Maybe P&O are playing catch up, like they did with the beer bars.

Let's hope that catch up quickly enough to introduce drinks packages as well

It looks like Ventura is now offering complimentary ice cream. Also 6 jaccuzzis (did they have 4 before), Tazzine, next to Costa becomes a cocktail bar at night.

http://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Ventura-669

This is my second attempt to post this, so apologies if it comes up twice.

This information is from a TA and is clearly not totally accurate.

Eg. Ventura does not have cruises from Barbados and has not had them for some time.

There are other mistakes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

In the old days .. well, until the early '90s, a steward would walk around the open decks with a tray of ice-cream tubs, free to anyone who wanted one. Interestingly there were no greedy folk grabbing several .. all nice and polite. Wonder what it would be like now .. ummmm.

Bal

136 P&O cruises .. 13 in the pipeline

Eg. Ventura does not have cruises from Barbados and has not had them for some time.

There are other mistakes

But did Ventura ever provide free ice cream, I certainly have never experienced any. I do remember that Princess used to offer a free ice cream hour in the buffet in the mid afternoon.

As well as the delicious range of ice cream on Celebrity they also offer free sweets, namely M&M's amongst others, and soft scoop machine dispensed ice cream, as do RCI.

But this would go very much against the recent P&O trend where changes have added value to their bottom line, not increased their costs.

There are other mistakes

I agree Dai. There are a lot on inaccuracies in this piece and I think it's just very out of date. I remember getting free ice-cream on P&O - the Mr Whippy type but unlikely that P&O is re-introducing it

I tried to find a date on it, but the reason I thought it was up to date is that it said she is ten years old. Also the talk of the new shops. So its just like reading the threads on here, take it with a pinch of salt.

A Mr Whippy style ice cream card can be purchased for £28 for 20 ice creams, so P&O definitely don't plan to give it away like all the other Carnival brands, Celebrity and RCCI.

There would be an outcry on American ships, though the Brits just seem to accept it.