Shuttle FROM Port Everglades to Hertz car rental

normannna

Hi, Hertz have not responded to my question so hoping someone can help please.

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas from FLL and have booked 2 cars from the office at the Crown Plaza.

Does Hertz have a shuttle that will pick us up from the Cruise and if so does anyone know where it will pick you up? Not sure what cruise terminal Freedom uses and wonder if it is walkable with suitcases just in case we can't get a shuttle or taxi queue very long?

Many Thanks

No, it is not walkable. Each Terminal has an area where the various shuttle buses (hotels, care rentals, etc) are directed to pick up people. It will be apparent when you come out of the Terminal.

Have your cell phone and paperwork ready. You might have to call the local office to advise them you are ready to be picked up.

We returned our Hertz rental car to the Crown Plaza last Nov and their shuttle bus dropped us off for our cruise. Before the shuttle dropped us off, the drive went around different terminals to look for customers that want to go to Crown Plaza to get their rental car. Seems like they only have one shuttle bus and I estimate at least 45 minutes to a hour for the shuttle to complete the loop.

We got a rental car from Hertz from the Crown Plaza location after our cruise on Freedom in January.

We were at Terminal 29, and there is a shuttle waiting area. The staff directed us to it.

Other than it pouring rain, it was a pretty painless experience. We did stop at a few other terminals on the way to the Crown Plaza Hertz, but it wasn't too bad.

Hi, Hertz have not responded to my question so hoping someone can help please.

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas from FLL and have booked 2 cars from the office at the Crown Plaza.

Does Hertz have a shuttle that will pick us up from the Cruise and if so does anyone know where it will pick you up? Not sure what cruise terminal Freedom uses and wonder if it is walkable with suitcases just in case we can't get a shuttle or taxi queue very long?

Many Thanks

Hertz has a free shuttle, we've used it to go to this location many times. Just walk off the ship, head out to the main area where everyone is waiting for drives and look for the Hertz shuttle. When you see him, wave him down. He'll likely ask if you are picking up at State Road 84 (you are) just to make sure you aren't picking up at the airport.

Have no worries - this is easy peazy. And no, its not walkable with luggage.

Anybody k ow if their shuttles are handicap accessible?

Bill

Hertz? hmmm. I don't think the ones I've been on from Port Everglades are. Might be best to call them because they have more than one shuttle.