Bed configuration changed when payment made?!?

darth frosty

On my cruise on the dream feb 18th when we got to the cabin it was in twin bed configuration. Our steward quickly changed it to king as we were at the muster drill.

Just yesterday I pre-paid our gratuities with a gift card, once this was done I noticed Our bed configuration had changed to twin.

For some reason every time a financial transaction is made the bed configuration resets to twin?!?

Has anyone else noticed this?

I realized that was the reason our feb cruise was changed because the day before the cruise I had purchased water and this triggered the change.

Yeah I thoroughly tested this.

Once I finished with pre-paying gratuities, I reset the bed to King.

I had about $200 left on my gift card so I purchased water and $100 cruise cash. Once this transaction was complete the bedding configuration was back at twin?!?

Last test I went to our cruise for April 2019. At this point I had $19.40 left on the GC.

I checked that the bed configuration was for king and than applied the $19.40 to that cruise to finish off the GC.

Sure enough the bed was reset to twin?!?

Yep, I noticed this too every time I make a payment online. It resets to twins beds, even though I had previously save it to king. Just have to change it back every time I guess till that "glitch" is fixed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On my cruise on the dream feb 18th when we got to the cabin it was in twin bed configuration. Our steward quickly changed it to king as we were at the muster drill.

Just yesterday I pre-paid our gratuities with a gift card, once this was done I noticed Our bed configuration had changed to twin.

For some reason every time a financial transaction is made the bed configuration resets to twin?!?

Has anyone else noticed this?

I realized that was the reason our feb cruise was changed because the day before the cruise I had purchased water and this triggered the change.

I wonder how quick Carnival would be to fix this glitch if every time you made a payment for something, your VIFP status was changed to Platinum or Diamond?

I wonder how quick Carnival would be to fix this glitch if every time you made a payment for something, your VIFP status was changed to Platinum or Diamond?

That might get their attention. How about if a single payment resulted in "paid in full" status.

We can dream...

Add me to the list. We had ours set to king for a year. We paid off the cruise all at once a couple weeks ago and I just checked...2 twins. Looks like the wife & I are sleeping Leave It To Beaver style. ;p

I would be truly concerned if they arbitrarily changed either arrival appointment time or dining assignment.
Funny you should mention this. I just logged on to check the bed configuration (it had changed) and also noticed that our check-in time has changed. I chose 11:30-12:00 months ago since it was the earliest available at the time. Now it's 11:00-11:30. It doesn't matter because we have FTTF anyway, and even if we didn't, we'd gladly take the earlier time, but why the heck would that change? Edited by Organized Chaos

I had the opposite.

Beds were listed as twin and that's how I wanted it, even sailing solo. I like the extra room to "move around."

When I went to print my boarding pass, I saw it had switched to King. I guess they figured one person, one bed.

It's now back to twin. Hopefully it will stay that way:D

However, if it's set up as one bed when I board, I'll probably just leave it...LOL

I had the opposite.

Beds were listed as twin and that's how I wanted it, even sailing solo. I like the extra room to "move around."

When I went to print my boarding pass, I saw it had switched to King. I guess they figured one person, one bed.

It's now back to twin. Hopefully it will stay that way:D

However, if it's set up as one bed when I board, I'll probably just leave it...LOL

We have two cabins booked. Our bed changed from king to twins, but our son's (and his friend) stayed as twins. Sounds like the gremlins aren't that consistent.

Did it to me as well, not a $ transaction though, just putting in/changing something. Went back to screen & I was switched back to twins. 100% certain I did not change it on my end.
Now that you mention it, I thought maybe ours changed because of making the final payment a couple weeks ago, but maybe it was because I edited some of the check-in info. yesterday. Except the bed changed in our cabin, but I didn't edit any of that booking. They did not change in our son's cabin, and that's where I made the changes. :confused:

I've not had that happen, but I did go to our friends' booking & change their config to twin just to be ornery. Then I did it again after they had changed it back to king. Thought about doing it again, but as sail date gets closer, I don't want to forget to check it & have the steward have to re-do it once we are on board. And don't ask me why I did it, I really don't know.

I've not had that happen, but I did go to our friends' booking & change their config to twin just to be ornery. Then I did it again after they had changed it back to king. Thought about doing it again, but as sail date gets closer, I don't want to forget to check it & have the steward have to re-do it once we are on board. And don't ask me why I did it, I really don't know.
We originally booked our upcoming cruise with another family. They hadn't cruised before, so we put all the bookings together on our account to start off. I had every intention to change their king to twins right before the cruise. They wouldn't have known that the king is just two twins pushed together, so they wouldn't know what the heck was going on. I would've given the steward a little extra for his time to change it back, but it would've been so worth it to see the looks on their faces. :') But they cancelled on us and spoiled all my fun. :mad: