My first blog or live cruise report for our Navigator of the Seas cruise to the ABC islands

Thank you so much for your service to our country and the sacrifice you and your family made to keep us all safe and free!

Love your review and your endearing description of your wife as your best friend:)

Enjoy the ABC’s. We were on this cruise last March and loved every minute. We went to Mambo beach in Curacao...not sure where you went, but it was beautiful.

Also you are so fortunate to live in a wonderful part of FL. So many describe the Destin area as the emerald beach area with your blue waters and sugary sand.

Have fun!

Thank you so much for your service to our country and the sacrifice you and your family made to keep us all safe and free!

Love your review and your endearing description of your wife as your best friend

I’m just not saying that. Barb is really my best friend and we still love doing things together. I really got lucky over 40 years ago and I thank God every day for her[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m just not saying that. Barb is really my best friend and we still love doing things together. I really got lucky over 40 years ago and I thank God every day for her[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sooo heartwarming because I can totally relate...my DH is my high school sweetheart and I actually had my “eye” on him since I was 10 and he was 11:):) And like you, that was over 40 years ago!

03 Apr 2018

Day 5

Got to our first ABC island to day…Willemstad Curacao. Unfortunately we docked on the other side of the ship, so we didn’t get to enjoy the docking…Maybe tomorrow. Our shore excursion wasn’t meeting till 0945, so our group met for breakfast in the windjammer. After our breakfast and lots of coffee for me…We returned to the room to pick up our gear for the day.

I always cruise with a large black military style backpack. Barb loves to remind me that it’s too big but always seems to love the fact I can always find room for that last item we bought on shore[emoji23] I carry all our towels….Well every we might need for a day at the beach. I also hook my snorkel gear bag on the back but have to be careful not to take out a fellow passenger. Our shore excursion was listed as a “Day at the beach by boat…Cu23a.

We got off the Navigator about 0915 and saw about 20 different lines of excursion…None were our so we stood around and took some pictures. After a few lines left for buses, new excursion took the vacated sport. Our excursion was the 4th spot. We didn’t have to wait long before they exchanged the bottom half of our ticket for sticker we put on our shirt. We then got on a boat right next to ship…Sweet, hardly any walking. The boat was a two level dive boat and we all headed up to the top deck. Our Captain gave us a history lesson on our half an hour boat ride. I didn’t know until, he told us that the US Military had a strong presence on the island…Said there was KC-135 and fighter jets stationed at the airport. The KC-135 is a flying gas station…Providing much needed fuel to aircraft in the air. Here is a picture of our arrival at Mood Beach

IMG_0512.thumb.jpg.c92a0e76d878d7fc7e2181a11ed03acd.jpg

The water was gorgeous with about 20 foot visibility…I spent the next two hours snorkeling and filming it all on HD Video. So many fish…I would get around the rocks and pull off some of the growth and let spread in the water. The fish would attack it hoping to find something to eat. I was cleaning up the bottom of red solo cups when I came upon about 15 inch flounder on a rock about a foot from shore…He blended in with rock so well I almost missed him. He was only about 10 inches underwater so I asked so children playing close by if they wanted to see him. The children told their patients who told others…Must have been fifty people checking him out and he stayed on the rock that for hours!

Back to the ship to drop off our stuff and we were going to head back out to explore the town. My best Friend said she had to take a shower and did so…I tried to explain we were just supposed to drop our stuff and meet our friends. 25 min later we met our friends on the dock but it turned out only us men didn’t get a shower [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] We walked around town to do the usual port shopping. Ms Debbie wanted to go to the tablecloth shop…I guess they must have awesome and different table cloths. We end up at this place for a cold beer. We found this place the last time we were here

IMG_0514.thumb.jpg.1307d9238a8405b8c0721158fbd6b29d.jpg

Went back to the ship and I went straight to the Diamond Lounge to get a drink and wait on the others. We weren’t crazy about the menu for tonight’s MDR so we elected to do the Windjammer Mexican Night. It was really good except we had to ask for jalapeños…Not sure why but they quickly brought us a bowl full[emoji106]

After dinner we once again headed to the Metropolis Theater for Now and Forever …Staring the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers. Wished I could honestly tell you if it was a good show or not…I slept through most of it🤪. We left the show and headed to bed.

Tomorrow is Kralendij Bonaire…can’t wait. More tomorrow

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

I love reading about your cruise...we will board Navigator a week from Friday and reading what you are doing has really heightened the excitement for me! I'm guessing the weather has been good and probably pretty hot? After the weather in Pa the last couple weeks...sunshine and warm weather is really something to look forward to. Enjoy Bonaire! :)

I love reading about your cruise...we will board Navigator a week from Friday and reading what you are doing has really heightened the excitement for me! I'm guessing the weather has been good and probably pretty hot? After the weather in Pa the last couple weeks...sunshine and warm weather is really something to look forward to. Enjoy Bonaire! :)

The weather has been awesome...The beer cold. We left love this itinerary.

I would like to thank all of you for following our little journey. I would also like to thank you all who have thank me for my service. But, I’ve got to tell you it’s not me who deserves your thanks...But my best friend and wife Barb! There is no way I could of done everything I’m accomplished in my Military career without her. Barb is the one that juggled being a full time nurse...Making sure the boys got to school and home...Got their homework done. Heck, I could go on for hours of all things she has done to allow me to serve my country!

A Soldier has to keep their head in the game...We can’t be worried about if everything is alright at home...Unfortunately, that’s what gets us killed. My Best Friend and more importantly, my wife exceeded all my expectations. I truly thank God for her every second of every day!

Next time you see a soldier...Please thank him for his service but also thank his wife for allowing him to serve! She is the TRUE HERO!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for taking the time on your vacation to do this live report. My wife and I have been on this cruise on the Navigator the past 2 years (both in February) and we loved every min of it. I did aquafari in Curaçao 2 months ago and it was amazing, I’d highly recommend it in the future.

Enjoy the rest of this fantastic itinerary.

Cheers....and if you get a chance stop by vintages and tell Julian and Alex that Brian and Jenn from Canada said hi.

04 Apr 2018

Day 6

Another great morning! I woke to the thrusters maneuvering our ship into Kralendij Bonaire on the right side…Or better yet, on our side. After we got 40 fee from the dock, the pilot boat came out and got our securing ropes and hauled them to shore. After they brought 8 ropes…The ship used it winches to pull the ship the rest of the way to the dock. My first time witnessing this way of docking. Our excursion wasn’t till 1015 so we had lots of time.

We once again headed to the Windjammer for breakfast…Can’t beat them cooked to ordered Omelets. We took our time eating before we headed back to our rooms to collect our gear for the day. We got down to the dock a little early and to wait for about 25 minuets till we could get on our bus…Which turned out to be an old yellow school bus. Our excursion was called the Snorkel and Coco Beach Break BO-58B.

Coco Beach was only about 10 minute ride but took about 10 minuets longer due to small roads and crazy way our driver had to go…The straight down the beach was blocked off to traffic. But we made it and when we got off the bus…I wasn’t impressed! Just lots of lounge chairs out in the sun with hardly any shade…Not an umbrella to rent insight. Very little actual beach but plenty of hard volcanic type rocks and dead coral. We always bring our water shoes just in case and we were glad we had em. I’d highly recommend you pick up a pair. So, I’m like…Well were here let’s see what the water like. They did have a floating dock you could use to get in the water and avoid the rocks. We went over the rocks and I got another big shock

The sea life was AWESOME!!! 10 feet from shore the bottom fell to about 20 feet..The first fish I saw was about a 5 foot Barricade! He was just sitting on the bottom chilling and I guess waiting for his next meal. I filmed him or her for a few minutes and it never moved. I’ve been a SCUBA diver since 1981 and have dove with lots predators. So I dove down and got about as close as I dared…Stuck my camera out and got him flashing his teeth[emoji23]. We saw tons of fish and even a few big Stingrays. I was next to the dock pulling off some of the growth from it and letting it go in the water…Then sticking my camera in to it. The fish thought it was food and swarmed it…Got some awesome video of it. I snorkeled for a good two hours before I quit. The place look like a dude…Turned out to be fantastic.

We went back to the ship to drop our bags and then head back to town. I wanted a shower but Barb said we didn’t have time. I reminded her that’s what I had said yesterday…Bottom line I didn’t get my shower. We went back to the bar the GreatOz and I had found our last trip here…They have some great Conch fritters. Went back to the ship before the onboard time of 1630 Hrs. We had dinner in the MDR and it was quite good. They have had shrimp cocktail every night on the menu…Hate to admit it, but I use bigger shrimp for bait back home. After dinner we hit the Headliner Show with Nathaniel Rankin. He did a Magic comedy act and grabbed lots of audience members to assist his magic. I was spent and hit the rack. Barb went to the Love and Marriage Game Show…She said it was ok, but not as good as some we’ve seen. All depends on the couples they select. When I got back to our room, I found a bottle of wine on ice with a Royal Caribbean corkscrew from our Diamond Concierge Andrea Juhasz. Not sure what I did to receive it but it was greatly appreciated. Thanks Andrea!

Unfortunately tomorrow is the last of the ABC Islands…More on Aruba tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love the review. Have this itinerary in December.

Question if I may. You're splitting your days between ocean and town, is there more than enough time to do both for first time visitors?

We're thinking of morning ocean time and spending the afternoons strolling around.

Thanks in advance!

Love the review. Have this itinerary in December.

Question if I may. You're splitting your days between ocean and town, is there more than enough time to do both for first time visitors?

We're thinking of morning ocean time and spending the afternoons strolling around.

Thanks in advance!

That’s exactly what we have done on some...Beach it In the morning and shopping or drinking beer in the afternoon. Plenty of time to do both as long as you keep an eye on the clock and don’t miss the all onboard time

05 Apr 2018

Day 7

I woke up early this morning after I sensed a vibration in the ship. I thought maybe we getting to Aruba early and it was the thrusters I felt. I got up and open my balcony door and see we are still moving but slowly…Which makes sense since these islands are close together. Don’t have a clue what the vibration was. We had no excursion booked today and just planned on getting a Taxi to Eagle Beach.

Again we took our time and enjoyed our breakfast in the Windjammer before grabbing our stuff and heading out. The taxi line was quite long and slow…We spent over 20 minutes in line. Carnival Conquest was also in port plus a cruise line I didn’t recognize…So I imagine there was a large demand for taxis. We came to Eagle beach on our last trip and enjoyed it so we thought we do it again…Things have changed since last time.

IMG_0544.thumb.jpg.7896783cf7af4ffb933939024bc2cd30.jpg

Last time there was people renting out chase lounges. This time were told by a lady at the jet ski rental hut, to see the bar to get a chair. We head over to the bar and found a guy next to a stack of chairs removing a couple of chairs from a locked stack. We asked for four chairs and he pointed around…He didn’t speak English. We figured out he was asking where want to sit and we pointed a spot a little ways from the bar. He locks the stack up and just walks off towards where we had pointed. We followed him and found there was another locked stack of chairs. We get our chairs and attempt to give him a $20 bill…He shakes his head no and manages to say bar. So back over to the bar which is very busy and only one bartender…Wait about 10 minuets to find out the chairs are free if you buy something. No problem…Got a bucket of beer for 25 bucks.

All the little tiki hut shade shelters are taken except for one…Which we attempt to use. The jet ski rental lady comes over and told us the hut was “reserved”…So no problem and we set are chairs right next to it but in the sun. We need to work on our tans anyway. As the morning goes on, many other people try and use the hut but each time instead of telling them it was reserved. She offers it for $40 bucks a person…Maybe she thought we didn’t have any money. A family of five take her off and fess up the money and she has three more chairs brought over.

The water was a little cool but was great once you got use to it. Eagle Beach has nice sand is really a great beach to spend the day at. We spent most of our time in the water. After a few hours the family left and the hut was once again up for rent…But since it was later in the day, she was only charging 25 bucks per person. This was the only hut out of the 25 or so huts on that section of beach that wasn’t a first come first served type and I believe she was just adding to her income on the side. A group of five college kids from the Carnival ship took her offer at $25 bucks. She had made $325 bucks by the time we left…Talk about a racket!!! We really enjoyed our stay at Eagle Beach and caught the bus back to the port. The was $2.50 per person and the bus was full…I had to stand up for the ride.

After we got back to the ship, we showered and spent some time in the Diamond Club…I thanked Andrea for the nice bottle of wine and how much we appreciated the gesture. The Windjammer had seafood night so we skipped the MDR and enjoyed the Seafood. We all went to the Headliner Show which was All Access staring the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers. Everyone had too much sun and fun today and we all were nodding off during the performance. Barb and I called it a night after the show…I wished I could tell you about the show but I slept through most of it[emoji23]

Tomorrow is a sea day…I’m looking forward to doing nothing! I’ll be back tomorrow

“One of our members, Island284, made 6 Awesome Sea Pass Card holders that were the first items raffled.”

Thanks for the compliment. I always bring some of the card holders for the raffles. More winners that way.

Island284

Another question if I may - any sign of the 10 drink "punch cards"?

I haven’t been looking since we have the booze package but I just saw a sign at the pool bar advertising them. Sry but I’m not sure how long they might have been offering them

Do they advertise in the cruise compass what the theme for dinner is in the windjammer each night? We really enjoyed some of the theme nights on Independence but we never knew ahead of time what to expect.

Do they advertise in the cruise compass what the theme for dinner is in the windjammer each night? We really enjoyed some of the theme nights on Independence but we never knew ahead of time what to expect.

Yes its listed in the cruise planner and you can also find it on the interactive ship maps on every floor