Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale) / bringing bottle water & Energy Drinks CARRY ON

Hi! I'll be sailing on harmony of the seas in September… Leaving from Fort Lauderdale. I've read conflicting reports about port policies of bringing bottled water and/or energy drinks and/or cans of soda on board. Wondering if anybody has recently cruised out of this port on RCCL and seeing how SECURITY handles non-alcoholic beverages you carry on. Also ....anyone put sodas in CHECKED LUGGSGE? On Carnival I put several 16oz Monsters in my sneakers inside my CHECKED LUGGAGE with no issue. Wondering if I could probably do the same on Royal?

You are going to get mixed responses about this from any port. The baggage handlers may or may not confiscate it. The rules are enforced at the company’s discretion. The official answer is no, but people have gotten things on board. Try it and see, worse that happens is you lose a few dollars worth of water/drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came from port Everglades 2 days ago, all my friends had energy drinks and bottle of wattle on their carry on and checked bags. One huge gallon in carry on [emoji1303] and one case of water in every checked bag [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The official RCCL policy is that you may NOT bring on beverages.

HOWEVER, Port Everglades does not enforce that rule. We were on the Allure out of Ft. Lauderdale last week and packed a case of water in a piece of checked luggage.

I'm not so sure that IS the official policy anymore. They recently deleted the words "non-alcoholic beverages" from the list of prohibited items without any kind of announcement. Here's the updated list:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Aerial Drones
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Guests are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

I honestly didn't even know the words "non-alcoholic beverages" WERE on the list for about my first 9 cruises with them. I just always brought cases of water or 12 packs of soda. I never tried hiding them, and often just stuck a luggage tag right on the case.

I'm not so sure that IS the official policy anymore. They recently deleted the words "non-alcoholic beverages" from the list of prohibited items without any kind of announcement. Here's the updated list:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Aerial Drones
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Guests are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

I honestly didn't even know the words "non-alcoholic beverages" WERE on the list for about my first 9 cruises with them. I just always brought cases of water or 12 packs of soda. I never tried hiding them, and often just stuck a luggage tag right on the case.

Still in faq.

Not uncommon to find conflicting pages on Royals website

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

I can tell you first hand from my last two sailings on Anthem of the seas, that people check in cases of water without a problem. We swing by Walgreens on our way to the port. Ask the porter to slap on a luggage sticker and the cases of water always show up in our room. I thought I was brilliant, but as you start seeing the bags appear by the doors in the evening, I noticed quite a few people did the same. Maybe things are different in Florida, but doubt it since it's the same policy.