Our First RCI Cruise! HOTS Departs Today. Join Us?

L1211

So I did not expect to find these "ruins" on the island. What, 1600's? Someone out there knows the historical significance of this place. It was beautiful. Hard to believe folks called this Paradise home so many moons ago. 907d6e34b1e04bc922a49371f5be3d8c.jpg

5e458f2655c014d1ae5978f712d7adb2.jpg

96d139c2581c6a7b75cbd36a4f499c03.jpg

51048c34299449168bd9c46a3e367494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunch - island buffet looked great but I'm not sure how long some folks waited. Here are pics. 4c9faf0583301567f4ed1956a5a9ddc0.jpg

e7146294849410398b1bd86615d3831d.jpg

50046662314eea29a494d9d782c4ad43.jpg

ad9a2504aab4c3915f4a98e85119948d.jpg

c45d3f1851534a3f7d5736e9fe4338c3.jpg

d4d15ec69c67deb35019ee9b9c87d47a.jpg

They had all the bases covered. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, beans and rice, burger fixings,

Mac and cheese, baked beans, corn on the cob,

Salads, fruit, cookies. But did I mention the line?

I'm going to vent. It's not my best characteristic, I will admit this but I found this just so outlandish. I said nothing because who wants a fight on vacation? But it bothers me all the same.

Girls went back to little slice of heaven. Wait, I mean Mini Bites. We went to Windjammers. I wanted the grilled haddock and a cold glass of Chardonnay. Yep. They had basically the same offerings from our first visit. Those in the know, does the buffet not change day to day? Or did I get lucky on the grilled haddock?

We started with drinks once we'd spotted what we wanted for lunch. I told DH I'd drop the drinks at a table. The Windjammer was about 25% seated at 2:30 on Labadee day when they closed at 3pm. I found two window front tables open and picked the one that was not up against a wall then Dropped the drinks. Then I showed the DH where the drinks were and went after the fish. When I came back to the table and I found the DH at the table against the wall, and a plate of food on my initial table. DH then asked me why I put our drinks on a table with food already on it. You know where this is going, right? He walked up to our table and found a MAN, not to be confused with a gentleman, asking the waiter to pour out our drinks. It was a beer with a lime wedge in the top and a fresh glass of wine. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect these dots- fresh drinks, buffet, empty table=diners! The waiter fortunately was reluctant. The DH walked up and said woah those are our drinks. The man proceeds to tell my husband that I'd put my drinks on their table. He stated there was no way he could take the table against the wall, his wife would never stand for it. So, the jack a** comes upon two tables, both empty but one with two drinks. Decides one table is preferable so asks the waiter to dump our drinks. Then when busted tells my husband it was his table. Wow. Just wow. Clearly he believed he was entitled to my table and so he took it. During lunch he was running the staff "go get her a pink lemonade". ". Go get me a coke". I didn't even realize table

Service was offered at the buffet. He was awful!!' We tipped extra just because I'd bet my cruise fare the louse didn't tip a penny. Rant over. Back to my happy place.

... Those in the know, does the buffet not change day to day? Or did I get lucky on the grilled haddock? ...

Our experience has been that the breakfast buffet changes very little, if at all. Some parts of the lunch buffet change day to day and some parts are the same. Dinner changes the most day to day.

Great review so far, thank you! Did you happen to try the bruschetta at Vintages? They all sound excellent.

Hey Kevldad, had the crab and avacado bruschetta twice if anyone is counting... you may have given us a good reason to try some more. You know, take one for the blog! Thanks for joining us!!

Our experience has been that the breakfast buffet changes very little, if at all. Some parts of the lunch buffet change day to day and some parts are the same. Dinner changes the most day to day.

Thanks for taking the high road Bob. I cannot let rude cruisers bother me... thank you for the info.

I'm going to vent. It's not my best characteristic, I will admit this but I found this just so outlandish. I said nothing because who wants a fight on vacation? But it bothers me all the same.

Girls went back to little slice of heaven. Wait, I mean Mini Bites. We went to Windjammers. I wanted the grilled haddock and a cold glass of Chardonnay. Yep. They had basically the same offerings from our first visit. Those in the know, does the buffet not change day to day? Or did I get lucky on the grilled haddock?

We started with drinks once we'd spotted what we wanted for lunch. I told DH I'd drop the drinks at a table. The Windjammer was about 25% seated at 2:30 on Labadee day when they closed at 3pm. I found two window front tables open and picked the one that was not up against a wall then Dropped the drinks. Then I showed the DH where the drinks were and went after the fish. When I came back to the table and I found the DH at the table against the wall, and a plate of food on my initial table. DH then asked me why I put our drinks on a table with food already on it. You know where this is going, right? He walked up to our table and found a MAN, not to be confused with a gentleman, asking the waiter to pour out our drinks. It was a beer with a lime wedge in the top and a fresh glass of wine. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect these dots- fresh drinks, buffet, empty table=diners! The waiter fortunately was reluctant. The DH walked up and said woah those are our drinks. The man proceeds to tell my husband that I'd put my drinks on their table. He stated there was no way he could take the table against the wall, his wife would never stand for it. So, the jack a** comes upon two tables, both empty but one with two drinks. Decides one table is preferable so asks the waiter to dump our drinks. Then when busted tells my husband it was his table. Wow. Just wow. Clearly he believed he was entitled to my table and so he took it. During lunch he was running the staff "go get her a pink lemonade". ". Go get me a coke". I didn't even realize table

Service was offered at the buffet. He was awful!!' We tipped extra just because I'd bet my cruise fare the louse didn't tip a penny. Rant over. Back to my happy place.

Unfortunately, the reason one of sits at the table while the other gets their food and returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am LOVING this review. Sailing on Harmony April 28 and all the menu pictures are so helpful!

Oh I'm sooooo glad. That means so much to me. I found reviews so helpful when planning that I wanted to give back. So excited about your upcoming cruise. Just around the corner!!!

Unfortunately, the reason one of sits at the table while the other gets their food and returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Throw reason to the wind. I thought with it about 25% seated we were good. Should have picked the lesser table...

Back at our happiest place. Vintages. So much for drinking at each each bar. We're clearly creatures of habit... love what we love. And this we love!!5483652927caf35e06dec1981ad4f6be.jpg

Ugh - that would have bothered me to! There is nothing to do but grab another glass of wine and be thankful you and your hubby are not as ignorant as those other folks!

Ugh - that would have bothered me to! There is nothing to do but grab another glass of wine and be thankful you and your hubby are not as ignorant as those other folks!

THANK YOU!! From one decent human to another. That's an awesome answer!!! Appreciate it.