Our First RCI Cruise! HOTS Departs Today. Join Us?

L1211

We ate there Saturday night. Chops tonight. Just OK.

Our third favorite out of 3 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Too bad. They killed it for us at Chops. We have Jamie's tonight. Loved CP. outstanding meal!

Thanks for the thorough review and many pics! I’ve enjoyed it all.

When you say that the drink package does not apply, do you mean for any wine in Vintages? Or can you still get any wine by the glass, and just pay the difference on over $13 glasses? I guess I’m just a little confused on what is, and is not included at Vintages. Thanks for any help!! Thanks !!

Harmony 06/02/18

I couldn't find much on vintages pre-cruise. Well almost nothing! You are right. I meant most wines require a surcharge over the $13 package. But your package covers any wine by the glass up to $13 but nearly all are over $13. The wine vending machines against the wall all hold really high-end wines and you choose a 2, 4, or 6 oz pour. But your package doesn't work on those at all. Hope that helps! I have the vintages menus posted earlier in the review! Enjoy

71995a77c18a9955abe5df2349ac1b1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok folks, this tableside made tuna tar tar was just outstanding. Seriously a must do when you visit 150 CP! The DH wants to come back this week just for it!

We want to board now. Can’t wait to join Saturday.

Ok I'm now jealous! So excited for you!!! It is a wonderful ship and the experience is fantastic. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thought I'd shave my view this morning as we sail down the coast of lovely Jamaica. b74f87c81d3449efdae116b3cac533fa.jpg

dd91da065915d97499825e31ea731daf.jpg

af3d9e12737a1d8172af7f940e7a702e.jpg

Our plans today include a private tour scheduled through Patrice Bailey to Blue Hole and then a stop at Bluewater Beach Club. The DH and I have been to Jamaica on a land vacay and I've been a couple time so have done the Falls.

I have to be honest. I struggled with this port for lots of reasons, marshal law rule not being the least of them. My first choice of excursions was a ship offered short adventure to Montego Bay. It was a beach stop and shopping on Hip Street. A fateful Uber ride changed those plans!

Ok. I must review last night's dinner and share the entrees and dessert pics! I have to tell you, experiencing the cruise can really get in the way of a true live review so I hope you guys don't mind the lag time!!!

First, our waiter was Laurna- like Laurna-doone cookies she tells you. She works to be memorable but in a really good way. I think comments on the survey mean more than the $20 extra tip! Is that really a cookie? And if so did I just butcher the name???

Back to the dinner review... we each picked an appetizer and she threw in a third. The DH was struggling between two appetizers – the butternut squash soup and the tuna tartare. Laurna insisted that he have both! I had already honed in on the lobster gnocchi based on Flannbar's recommend. She was so right. They were great!

She did the same thing when we were trying to select entrées. I had chosen the scallops and she insisted they were simply too small so she would bring that entrée out for us to share as an addition to our entrées. we just loved her! I didn't even think you could order extra entrées at specialty restaurants, but Laurna insisted!!

I had the Mahogany Black Cod. The fish was perfectly cooked. I didn't love the accompaniments. Not a huge bok choy fan and the whipped parsnips seemed to get lost in the broth from the veg. Should have asked for the dish without it. de268e4f897d58aaa055e71750df34d6.jpg

Maybe we actually had four entrées… Laurna talked my husband into the tenderloin and looking at the menu I realize it was actually intended to be for two! It was an incredible piece of beef perfectly cooked and unfortunately he could only eat a small part of it. He teased that he wanted to take it back to the room and have it with his eggs for breakfast. I don't eat beef or any "muscle meat". It's for a health condition, Id love to have a nice steak but I cannot. Not even a bite... I actually had to have emergency surgery in St Thomas while on a cruise last summer after two days of no eating or drinking while at sea on a NCL cruise, but that's for another story...

Back to that amazing filet! It was perfectly cooked

To medium rare and served with a little pot of heaven- potato gratin. b25a3d3d1d6f96bbe2518ed747e04943.jpg

Here's the extra entrée. Remember it was deemed too small so we had to have it as an accompaniment to share. Goodness this was a lot of food. No wonder I'm still full!!f34ab3d130656118e7ce8a0eabe512e7.jpg

And onto dessert. The bourbon chocolate tart was good. The DH only had a few bites but he liked it. 38d7800f2128fd2b3ffec0e4b1acbf6e.jpg

2c18988d6f735d87ef70e1e14ddb3ab3.jpg

I had the Basil panna cotta. I hated it. Maybe I just don't understand panna cotta...

8a91cd5c67e5a8d98d1483cd2d9419cf.jpg

Not much to report post-dinner. I should go back through the review and count drinks... or maybe not! Lots of great wine with dinner, pre-pre-dinner drinks first at vintages with a lovely couple from South Carolina that we met in the wine tasting class. Then pre-dinner drinks at Wonderland with the girls. Yep. To many drinks to count.

"Pre-gaming" my daughters would call it at Wonderland. They love the atmosphere here. d004fcb710da7cec143a3a7935dc2864.jpg

326f8e7a342de0d67f94191e9d55105b.jpg

Really mom, another picture???

The DH placed a bet on the NCAA finals and won! When in Rome... that was pretty much the extent of the night. No complaints about lack of night life when you go to bed early!!

Wow. The port at Falmouth is lovely! Check out the pool at margaritaville! I see why many spend the day in the port. It looks like a place you could easily kills a few hours.

01ee48c0716215fdd57d8ebcda0404e8.jpg

ba94048d1f3e46eea27d4c77facbb26f.jpg

0e8a0218ce59f34a30a7013b55819872.jpg

068ae3b62410584d3fe7e46c119d45e4.jpg

150 CP is fabulous. Get the beef for 2.

I just realized the filet the hubs had last night was the steak for two!! She didn't slice it I suppose because it was actually for one! Also explains why he could only eat about half...

At Mini Bites third morning in a row awaiting my egg white veggie omelet. I just had this terrible thought. Who will make these for me next week??? No line at Mini Bites.

I just realized the filet the hubs had last night was the steak for two!! She didn't slice it I suppose because it was actually for one! Also explains why he could only eat about half...

Haha....I had about 60% of the whole....my wife had about 30% and the remainder went uneaten.

Would you be able to post the cruise compasses for your cruise week? Really been trying to find updated HOTS compasses before my cruise in may and the most recent I could find was December 2017!! It would be a HUGE help! ❤️