Favorite food on Msc

josephml1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It was included in The YC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you went to the crepiere on deck 7 and the attendant did not tell you it was an extra charge? Or did you go to guest services to have it removed with Victoria or Eva?

Just wondering as we were told by the venchi attendant that it was an extra charge. Just astounds me that we can have such a different experience sailing the same ship and time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Our crepes were included 3 weeks ago with YC package - now it sounds like they are no longer included. Very sad! Such a small thing, but it really seemed like a big perk as they were so good. We only had two, lol, so it wasn’t us if folks got greedy and caused them to stop including them.

Also find a very good chocolate crepe in venchi chocolat

Did you have to bn pay for it or was it included in yc package? Thanks

So you went to the crepiere on deck 7 and the attendant did not tell you it was an extra charge? Or did you go to guest services to have it removed with Victoria or Eva?

Just wondering as we were told by the venchi attendant that it was an extra charge. Just astounds me that we can have such a different experience sailing the same ship and time.

It was included in The YC

What on Earth is going on with these crepes?! Are they included or not? Lol. This is crazy! [emoji854]

I have only cruised msc once over 10 years ago on a old small ship, melody, loved food , do they still have a pasta course?

The pasta dishes have now been incorporated into the 'mains' dishes. There used to be 7 courses, but they've been reduced to 3/4, with soups and salads now included in 'appetisers' course, with fewer options.

Been a couple of years since we were on MSC. But I remember the Risottos were spectacular. Particularly the Mushroom one. (different one each day). Also the Mushroom Soup is the absolute best I have ever had. Was disappointed in the lobster.

Been a couple of years since we were on MSC. But I remember the Risottos were spectacular. Particularly the Mushroom one. (different one each day). Also the Mushroom Soup is the absolute best I have ever had. Was disappointed in the lobster.

You literally have my mouth watering!

Risotto is very good. But have only seen it once or twice on menu.

Where was beef caracio served? Did not see it last week in top sail restaurant menu.

My favorite in this MSC cruise was:

Beef carpacio

Lamb chops

Mushroom risoto

Prime rib was excelent.

Vegetarian lasagna

Pizza everywhere

Just got off Magnifica. Worse cruise food ever. Been on over thirty cruises, with several different cruise lines, but this ship ‘European with a British Twist’ fell well short on many levels. Food lukewarm, over salted. At breakfast, toast would break your teeth, likewise the bacon. The eggs, whether fried or scrambled were awful. No egg station, so fried eggs are sitting congealing in a dish, and many were undercooked. Many many complaints. Spoke to lots of people, and with only one exception, everyone said they would never go on MSC again, mainly because of the food.

Just got off Magnifica. Worse cruise food ever. Been on over thirty cruises, with several different cruise lines, but this ship ‘European with a British Twist’ fell well short on many levels. Food lukewarm, over salted. At breakfast, toast would break your teeth, likewise the bacon. The eggs, whether fried or scrambled were awful. No egg station, so fried eggs are sitting congealing in a dish, and many were undercooked. Many many complaints. Spoke to lots of people, and with only one exception, everyone said they would never go on MSC again, mainly because of the food.
So sorry to hear that. We were lucky and had good food on both of our Seaside sailings, and great food on the Divina.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Where was beef caracio served? Did not see it last week in top sail restaurant menu.

It was in The first or second night with truffle oil

Very good

After 3 cruises on Divina and 1 on Sinfonia in the past 18 months, MSC food is VERY seldom served hot in the MDR. We would have to rate MSC food as our least favorite amongst Celebrity, HAL, Princess, NCL and RCI. This is based on variety, quality and presentation. MSC buffets are minimal.

All cruise lines food has gotten poorer. We have cruised MSC both in Europe and the Caribbean.