Your Recommendation for Cozumel Waterfront Bar/Restaurant close to the Pier?

esdoorn

Would appreciate recommendations for a good Cozumel Waterfront Bar/Restaurant that is close to the Pier.

If you could also suggest some of the great food or drinks we should try that would also be appreciated and is the menu in US dollars or Mexican Peso's.

Thanks!

Money Bar should meet your needs. Exchange rate isn't that great when paying in USD as is most places. Right on the water and has made made beach and water access for snorkeling. Food is good and drinks also. Short trip by taxi depending on pier.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=C211US1249D20160409&p=money+bar+cozumel

We're planning on going to Pancho's Backyard when we are there, several people on here have recommenced it and has tons of good reviews and it's right down from the pier and has views of the water and ships.

If you don't want to leave the pier you can eat at Pancho's Backyard in Los Cinco Soles on the pier. Or, you can walk out past the taxi stand and cross the street in front of the I 95 building with the red stripe and turn right and walk about 1/2 block to Alberto's. There is usually a tourist policeman assisting with crossing the street. Or, there is a very popular Chinese restaurant inside the I 95 building. If you cross the street and turn left there is a Mexican restaurant just before you get to the corner where the traffic light is. Sorry, I can't remember the name. We ate there when we stayed in Cozumel for a week in January.

Better yet, hop in a taxi and go downtown to La Mission for lunch.

We're planning on going to Pancho's Backyard when we are there, several people on here have recommenced it and has tons of good reviews and it's right down from the pier and has views of the water and ships.

Depending on the pier you're dockced .... Pancho's Backyard is very good and very convenient. No problem using the US Dollar. :)

We have eaten at Pancho's Backyard to many times to count because we always have a great meal, however it does not have water views the restaurant is across the street from the ocean and in a courtyard type setting. If your ship comes in at the pier downtown then it is not a bad walk but if like all the ships we have been on that come in outside of downtown, you will have to take a taxi for a few dollars

We have eaten at Pancho's Backyard to many times to count because we always have a great meal, however it does not have water views the restaurant is across the street from the ocean and in a courtyard type setting.

The Pancho's Backyard location at the Carnival pier outside of town does have water views, with views of the ships. :)

The Pancho's Backyard location at the Carnival pier outside of town does have water views, with views of the ships. :)

And you have the choice of an inside table where you can still see the water or a nice table on the patio even closer to the water. Good guac, good food and good margaritas, but you pay extra. Some of the smaller restaurants downtown have great food at cheaper prices. Heck, even the Museum has a nice restaurant upstairs with fabulous views of the water.

I would throw in a vote for Money Bar if you want to snorkel. The "beach" is actually on top of the coral wall and the steps are cut down into the water. You will want water shoes. We like to be in the shade, and the offer plenty of tables with umbrellas, or loungers up under the overhanging trees. And the snorkeling offers a nice variety of fish - it's pretty good snorkeling in that regard from shore. We bring our own gear, but if you don't have it, there is a place you can rent right there. They also offer massages down toward the bathroom (which is clean and nice).

We just use or Venture card - but for our family of 4 with a couple rounds of adult beverages for mom and dad and daiquiris for the kids, plus Nachos and Calamari and maybe some tacos- with tip the tab is way under $100. The mango adult beverage is particularly good.

We had some great meals at the Thirsty Cougar. I have no clue how far it is from the cruise port, as we ate there when we were staying at El Cozumeleno one time. It's on the main road, so not on the beach, across the road from the beach. I tried a map, but I know there are multiple cruise ports. It's near one, but no idea which one it is.

This place is a 15 min ride from pier but we go there everytime we are in Cozumel and absolutely love it.

Mr Sanchos

We pay 50.00/pp all food and drink included.

Food is buffet style or they have a menu you can order from (both are included in all inclusive) drinks are great food is good (not gourmet)

My favorite thing though is the setting is beautiful right on the water. You are assigned a waiter for the day. You have beach chairs and a table with an umbrella and chairs also assigned to you.

There is also a pool with swim up bar.

I think it's 2.00 or so extra for the big blow up toys in the water. They also have kayaks etc.

The water is easy to walk into and is just gorgeous.