Celebrity Concierge Class Embarkation Lunch

JustinMe

When we were on Silhouette in March 2016, we were in a Concierge cabin...and the lunch perk did NOT exist...

Just a short time later, in July 2016, we were on the Constellation...but NOT in a Concierge cabin...

I walk by the dining room after boarding and see people being seated for lunch...I thought "Great" (Princess opens the MDR for lunch embarkation day for everyone)...So, I ask at the door...and they tell me, "sorry, that is a perk only for those in a Concierge cabin"...

I was a bit disappointed...I've cruised in Concierge cabins a few times--all before they thought of that as a perk. I usually ended up in Concierge class not by design...it's typically (like it was for this upcoming cruise) that I initially booked a lower category cabin and then, just prior to sailing, caught a price drop and negotiated the upgrade. Otherwise, I've never really though the Concierge perks were worth much: A bottle of cheap champagne? A basket of fruit and appetizers we never eat each night...on a ship where there's plenty to eat nearby? "Upgraded" shampoo? I also put it in the framework of the added perks we get anyway by being Elite Plus Captains Club members...So, at least when they added this "lunch", I figured that, finally, they're looking for more ways to justify the higher fares...

I have sailed Concierge on Celebrity over 5 times and I've yet to be invited to any special lunch. WTH? I always arrive before 1pm.

I don't know the exact date, but this is a fairly recent addition as a perk. We also have sailed CC a number of times but never got the lunch (although we should on our cruise later this week:))

I don't know when the Concierge Class embarkation lunch was introduced either, but we have been invited as B2B passengers. The first time we were invited we were in an Aqua Class stateroom on the Eclipse in May, 2016. And it may not have been introduced across the fleet at the same time.

So...What are the Concierge lunch hours?

Reason I ask is that we're cruising out of Seward on Millennium in a Concierge class cabin...and our bus transportation from our hotel in Anchorage isn't scheduled to arrive at the ship until 1:00 pm...And, I assume that, even with Elite Plus priority status, it will still take at least a few minutes to get checked in and to the Dining Room...

Concierge lunch is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

I have sailed Concierge on Celebrity over 5 times and I've yet to be invited to any special lunch. WTH? I always arrive before 1pm.

Be happy and say Thank You. Just because Celebrity says it's a benefit doesn't make it so. The menu is very limited and not attractive to our tastes. We skip this "benefit" and head directly to the Ocean View Café.

So...What are the Concierge lunch hours?

Reason I ask is that we're cruising out of Seward on Millennium in a Concierge class cabin...and our bus transportation from our hotel in Anchorage isn't scheduled to arrive at the ship until 1:00 pm...And, I assume that, even with Elite Plus priority status, it will still take at least a few minutes to get checked in and to the Dining Room...

I wouldn't be too concerned. By 1:00pm or thereabouts the ship will open up the staterooms, and most people will have cleared out of the Oceanview Cafe. You should have no problem getting a seat and finding something to eat that meets your fancy.

When I went to Alaska at the end of August, I do believe that they allowed this on a case by case basis. I believe that it was more to do with regards to how many people you were wanting to join (i.e. small number versus the whole ship).

I apologize if that sounded sarcastic as I did not intend it to be.

Thanks for the info. We’re a party of 3, two separate rooms and one of us is not in CC.

Really? Are you sure you've boarded before 1 p.m.? I've also sailed Celebrity Concierge level for all but 1 of my cruises and I've never been "invited to"or had to ask for the concierge lunch...when I board the ship and my sea pass is scanned that first time, I have always been directed to the MDR to enjoy lunch...but it's only served between 11:30 and 1:30....I've had it on Eclipse and Summit and it's my favorite thing about concierge class. The menu is limited...soup/salad...meat, fish or vegetarian entree....and chocolate cake/ice cream...but the food is very good and it beats the heck out of walking around the Ocean View with a plate of food in one hand, a drink in the other while pulling a carry-on or wearing a back pack and trying to find a table! (IMHO)

Nope, never been directed or invited for C class lunch. Ever. I'm sailing Aqua class in June, I guess that doesn't count.

Correct it is a Concierge Class benefit just as BLU is an Aqua class benefit. The Concierge lunch has been in place now for around 2 years. The only notification about it is likely to be a small note inside the cardboard holder one gets one's seapass in. If one was travelling Concierge for the first time and hadn't heard about the lunch through forums like this there is a good chance one may miss it. Whilst the lunch is nothing out of the ordinary it is just a nice slow start to a cruise rather than the hustle and bustle of the OVC.

We were actually told at check in but it was my first time in Concierge and my roommates first time on Celebrity. Being a regular they may have thought you knew.

I find thats why Cruise Critic is good because you can find out a lot of info before your cruise so you are not dependent on someone notifying you of your benefits.

We were actually told at check in but it was my first time in Concierge and my roommates first time on Celebrity. Being a regular they may have thought you knew.

I find thats why Cruise Critic is good because you can find out a lot of info before your cruise so you are not dependent on someone notifying you of your benefits.

Correct, one does not 'necessarily' have to be dependent on someone notifying you of your benefits when on X's website they provide the benefits for each category... are they always spot on? I have heard tales of them not being so, yet still there where expectations are set.

bon voyage